User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 68

Thread: Newest insanity from the left

  1. #46
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,637
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125424
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Too late.
    Unless it is a moral or ethic. Then maybe I should never have a gun.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  2. #47
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,637
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125424
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    And how will you make sure nobody has guns?
    Just teach the truth.
    Aren't you going to need guns for that task?
    No. A man without a weapon is the only way to justify that message.
    And can you begin to see how important the right to bear arms is, because somebody has to have guns, the right to bear arms simply states that we are all authorized to have guns, just because we're humans?
    I don't believe that it means that we are all authorized to have guns. I believe that it means we have a right to bear arms, which means we can protect ourselves in the event of an attack. This may involve a gun. But arms isn't necessarily a gun? Or if it is, it doesn't just mean we can have guns it means our guns are for a specific purpose.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  3. #48
    BANNED Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,337
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 11,986 Times in 8,566 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Just teach the truth.
    The truth is that men should be free.

    A man without a weapon is the only way to justify that message.
    Why?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (May 10th, 2019)

  5. #49
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,637
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125424
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    The truth is that men should be free.

    Why?
    Because otherwise I would be a hypocrite. That is my reason. I don't know how to protect people without due process of law. I have not been trained in it. And I have not justified it. I mean, I think I have justified it with something I said once, but I don't want to encourage violence. Maybe it was to combat violence. I don't know what to do about that.

    Men should be free. Is a gun what makes people free? That would be a lie.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  6. #50
    BANNED Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,337
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 11,986 Times in 8,566 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Because otherwise I would be a hypocrite. That is my reason. I don't know how to protect people without due process of law. I have not been trained in it. And I have not justified it. I mean, I think I have justified it with something I said once, but I don't want to encourage violence. Maybe it was to combat violence. I don't know what to do about that.

    Men should be free. Is a gun what makes people free? That would be a lie.
    You don't seem to be able to understand what people say. People should be free. That means they should be allowed to own guns. It does not mean they have to own guns.

  7. #51
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,637
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125424
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    You don't seem to be able to understand what people say. People should be free. That means they should be allowed to own guns. It does not mean they have to own guns.
    You are not talking about free will or freedom to sin. However, this following is what I am talking about.

    John 8:32 NASB - 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  8. #52
    BANNED Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,337
    Thanks
    428
    Thanked 11,986 Times in 8,566 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    You are not talking about free will or freedom to sin.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    Jacob (May 10th, 2019),JudgeRightly (May 10th, 2019)

  10. #53
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,280
    Thanks
    13,652
    Thanked 21,201 Times in 11,934 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147704

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Maybe. Unless nobody should have guns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Unless it is a moral or ethic. Then maybe I should never have a gun.
    Why don't you actually pay attention to what people are replying to?

    I said "too late" to THAT up there in YELLOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  11. #54
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,637
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125424
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Why don't you actually pay attention to what people are replying to?

    I said "too late" to THAT up there in YELLOW.
    I don't have a gun so it is not too late for me. In other words, owning or having a gun may be an ethical or moral issue if God doesn't want you to, even if guns already exist (I assume this is what you were saying is too late). In other words, the way to combat guns is not to have them. That would be fighting firepower with firepower. Some people even defend themselves against people without guns with their own gun.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  12. #55
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,280
    Thanks
    13,652
    Thanked 21,201 Times in 11,934 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147704

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I don't have a gun so it is not too late for me.
    That's irrelevant, since that was not what I was talking about (as I've now shown you twice).

    Thanks for not paying attention again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  13. #56
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,637
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125424
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    That's irrelevant, since that was not what I was talking about (as I've now shown you twice).

    Thanks for not paying attention again.
    You can say what you were saying since I got it wrong. I have recognized the potential that I didn't understand what you were saying. But I thought I did. Please explain.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  14. #57
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,637
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125424
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    That's irrelevant, since that was not what I was talking about (as I've now shown you twice).

    Thanks for not paying attention again.
    I guess I could just say, yes people do have guns. And ask if you want to say anything else. I don't understand what you believe I am not replying to.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  15. #58
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,280
    Thanks
    13,652
    Thanked 21,201 Times in 11,934 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147704

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Why don't you actually pay attention to what people are replying to?

    I said "too late" to THAT up there in YELLOW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    You can say what you were saying since I got it wrong. I have recognized the potential that I didn't understand what you were saying. But I thought I did. Please explain.
    A least put a little effort into READING what people write to you.

    YOU said "Unless nobody should have guns." to which I said "too late".

    In other words, it far too late to be in a world where nobody has guns. So that point is moot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  16. #59
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,637
    Thanks
    125
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125424
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    A least put a little effort into READING what people write to you.

    YOU said "Unless nobody should have guns." to which I said "too late".

    In other words, it far too late to be in a world where nobody has guns. So that point is moot.

    No. Because no one should have guns goes back to the first gun and the ethics of making or owning a gun. That is, it is right not to have a gun because no one should have guns is different than saying no one should have guns so it is neither right or wrong to have a gun. No one should have guns is indeed a loaded statement in regard to at least one of these statements, but an ethic is different from admitting that people do have guns which means that they are wrong or I am wrong for thinking that they are wrong to have guns.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

  17. #60
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,280
    Thanks
    13,652
    Thanked 21,201 Times in 11,934 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147704

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    No. Because no one should have guns goes back to the first gun and the ethics of making or owning a gun. That is, it is right not to have a gun because no one should have guns is different than saying no one should have guns so it is neither right or wrong to have a gun. No one should have guns is indeed a loaded statement in regard to at least one of these statements, but an ethic is different from admitting that people do have guns which means that they are wrong or I am wrong for thinking that they are wrong to have guns.
    Once again, you do not listen.

    You've earned your way back onto my ignore list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us