User Tag List

Thread: No Bill of Attainder is a civil right!

Gold level Subscriber
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Bill of Attainder is a civil right!

Trump is going to ignore any and all subpoenas, good for him. But I think he should do so on the grounds that those subpoenas are unconstitutional as a bill of Attainder.

http://www.techlawjournal.com/glossa.../attainder.htm

What the left is doing to their political opponents amounts to the equivalent of a Bill of Attainder, and I believe should be fought on the grounds that those tactics are unconstitutional.

I think that the constitutional ban on Bill's of Attainder could be used even wider than just the above criteria. I think a legal case could be made to prevent legislators and other executive branches of (state) Government for searching for a crime and not a criminal. Crimes should be discovered/reported by victims.

Trump should argue that is is unconstitutional to search for a crime with for a man, as it is no different than that of a bill of Attainder.

No Bill of Attainder would / should / could / may become a new civil right, with a much better connotation than say taking the 5th.

This tactic of the left will only get worse if it is allowed to succeed. Trumps approach of fighting will probably work for him, as he is a street brawler, but it would never work for a guy like Pence.

Taking the question to the courts as a bill of attainder may be a possible course of action.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tieman55 For Your Post:

ffreeloader (April 30th, 2019)

Over 1000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tieman55 View Post
    Trump is going to ignore any and all subpoenas, good for him. But I think he should do so on the grounds that those subpoenas are unconstitutional as a bill of Attainder.

http://www.techlawjournal.com/glossa.../attainder.htm

What the left is doing to their political opponents amounts to the equivalent of a Bill of Attainder, and I believe should be fought on the grounds that those tactics are unconstitutional.

I think that the constitutional ban on Bill's of Attainder could be used even wider than just the above criteria. I think a legal case could be made to prevent legislators and other executive branches of (state) Government for searching for a crime and not a criminal. Crimes should be discovered/reported by victims.

Trump should argue that is is unconstitutional to search for a crime with for a man, as it is no different than that of a bill of Attainder.

No Bill of Attainder would / should / could / may become a new civil right, with a much better connotation than say taking the 5th.

This tactic of the left will only get worse if it is allowed to succeed. Trumps approach of fighting will probably work for him, as he is a street brawler, but it would never work for a guy like Pence.

Taking the question to the courts as a bill of attainder may be a possible course of action.
    Excellent post. I love learning something new, and this was something new to me. I

Thread Information