Thread: Trump the Magic Wand

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trump hits Obama for 2016 'magic wand' comment about economy

EXCERPT .........Trump appeared to be referencing remarks Obama made about manufacturing employment, not economic growth, during the 2016 town hall.

During the town hall event, Obama referenced Trump's promise to woo American companies into manufacturing goods in the U.S. without saying the then-candidate's name.

“Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it,” Obama said, referring to Trump's campaign rhetoric.

“He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And, usually, the answer is he doesn’t have an answer.”

Trump was also criticized during the 2016 campaign for pledging to increase the annual growth rate to 4 percent of gross domestic product (GDP), a pace not experienced in the U.S. since 2000.

Many mainstream liberal and conservative economists said the U.S. was far too developed to sustain 4 percent annual growth and said the country’s long-term growth rate would be closer to 2 percent of GDP.

The U.S. economy grew by 2.3 percent of GDP in 2017, and it expanded by 4.2 percent of GDP in the second quarter of 2018 on an annualized basis. Trump and top White House aides have pointed to the rise as proof that the president’s skeptics were incorrect, but the U.S is still not on pace to achieve the president’s goal of 4 percent average growth throughout 2018.........

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/4...-about-economy

Thanks
    Thanked 4,827 Times in 2,899 Posts

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Impeach Trump Campaign 6 million strong

Billionaire Tom Steyer has reportedly spent 20 million on his impeachment drive. Why? What is behind an effort, that for all intent and purpose, cannot work? Is it a rally cry for next year's election? Is it a tax problem where his money is made over seas in China? What is prompting a billionaire to spend 20 million on a campaign when the election process begins in just a few short month anyway?

I didn't see an 'Impeach Trump' topic here on TOL. Just not important/discussion worthy?
    My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
    Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
    Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
    Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
    No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
    Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

Is Calvinism okay? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

1Co 13:11 ... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,060 Times in 7,493 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lon
    I didn't see an 'Impeach Trump' topic here on TOL. Just not important/discussion worthy?
    That would be just about any post/thread by anna

Thread Information