User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Trump the Magic Wand

  1. #1
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    702
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 175 Times in 135 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs up Trump the Magic Wand

    The Hill, 6/1/16

    QUOTE: "President Obama hit presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump for not detailing the ways in which he plans to accomplish certain goals. During a PBS town hall that aired Wednesday, Obama referenced Trump's promise to bring back jobs to the United States when talking about manufacturing. “Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it," Obama said. "He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer.”

    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...nd-do-you-have


    Today: 4/28/19

    US economic growth rebounds at 3.2 percent pace in first quarter
    "The U.S. economy grew more quickly than most economists expected during the first quarter of 2019, according to data released Friday by the Commerce Department. During the three-month period from January to March, the GDP rose at a 3.2 percent annualized rate, beating most analysts’ expectations of 2.5 percent

    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...t-quarter-2019

    Disposable income rose $116 billion, or 3 percent, in the first quarter. Overall prices 0.8 percent.
    Investors were closely watching the report’s release for signs to dismiss fears of an impending economic recession. Stocks rose on the better-than-expected results in pre-market trading.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to TrumpTrainCA For Your Post:

    Aimiel (April 28th, 2019)

  3. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    16,003
    Thanks
    9,925
    Thanked 7,769 Times in 5,219 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Trump needs a magic wand frankly and if you're not part of his staff then you should be dude.

    Get some perspective man. He's no more going to make America "great again" (whatever that means) than his barber...

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (April 29th, 2019)

  5. #3
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    26,235
    Thanks
    4,628
    Thanked 10,197 Times in 7,580 Posts

    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147795
    Don't you have British politics to discuss?

  6. #4
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,516
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 422 Times in 310 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    119705
    He boosted our economy, strengthened our stance with allies and brought North Korea to the bargaining table. But: many dimwits don't like his personality.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

    ok doser (May 29th, 2019)

  8. #5
    TOL Legend drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,997
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 3,324 Times in 2,110 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    623765
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    He boosted our economy, strengthened our stance with allies and brought North Korea to the bargaining table. But: many dimwits don't like his personality.
    True (as for the numbers THEY use), but he has also surrounded himself with flaming liberals such as Bolton and Pompeo who are against everything he stood for during the election season of 2016
    The state — whatever its particular forms — always expresses itself as a collective form of property ownership. All political systems are socialistic, in that they are premised upon the subservience of individual interests to collective authority. Communism, fascism, lesser forms of state socialism, and welfarism, are all premised upon the state’s usurpation of privately-owned property. Whether one chooses to be aligned with the political "Left," "Right," or "Middle," comes down to nothing more than a preference for a particular franchise of state socialism.

  9. #6
    TOL Legend drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,997
    Thanks
    612
    Thanked 3,324 Times in 2,110 Posts

    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    623765
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Don't you have British politics to discuss?
    I do...Nigel Farage, Nigel Farage, Nigel Farage. Make England Great Again
    The state — whatever its particular forms — always expresses itself as a collective form of property ownership. All political systems are socialistic, in that they are premised upon the subservience of individual interests to collective authority. Communism, fascism, lesser forms of state socialism, and welfarism, are all premised upon the state’s usurpation of privately-owned property. Whether one chooses to be aligned with the political "Left," "Right," or "Middle," comes down to nothing more than a preference for a particular franchise of state socialism.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

    ok doser (May 29th, 2019)

  11. #7
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    16,003
    Thanks
    9,925
    Thanked 7,769 Times in 5,219 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    He boosted our economy, strengthened our stance with allies and brought North Korea to the bargaining table. But: many dimwits don't like his personality.
    You sound like one of his tweets...or twits...


  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (April 29th, 2019)

  13. #8
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    16,003
    Thanks
    9,925
    Thanked 7,769 Times in 5,219 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    I do...Nigel Farage, Nigel Farage, Nigel Farage. Make England Great Again


    If you're serious it's even more funny.


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (April 29th, 2019)

  15. #9
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,516
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 422 Times in 310 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    119705
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    You sound like one of his tweets...or twits...

    Coming from you, I take that as a compliment; although the correct term would be: deplorable.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

    TrumpTrainCA (June 2nd, 2019)

  17. #10
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    16,003
    Thanks
    9,925
    Thanked 7,769 Times in 5,219 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Coming from you, I take that as a compliment; although the correct term would be: deplorable.
    I thought the correct term would have been covfefe...


  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Rusha (April 29th, 2019)

  19. #11
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    702
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 175 Times in 135 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    I do...Nigel Farage, Nigel Farage, Nigel Farage. Make England Great Again
    Farage is awesome. British sarcasm is quite funny when done correctly and he uses it a lot. That's why I like listening to Mark Steyn. He cracks me up

  20. #12
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    16,003
    Thanks
    9,925
    Thanked 7,769 Times in 5,219 Posts

    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpTrainCA View Post
    Farage is awesome. British sarcasm is quite funny when done correctly and he uses it a lot. That's why I like listening to Mark Steyn. He cracks me up
    Oh, he can be pretty entertaining and is more down to earth than most politicians, I'll give him that.

  21. #13
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    702
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 175 Times in 135 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    Oh, he can be pretty entertaining and is more down to earth than most politicians, I'll give him that.
    People like "down to earth."

  22. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,908
    Thanks
    554
    Thanked 789 Times in 649 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    A
    ll the misdirects and personal attacks on Trump cannot change the fact that Obama was so stupid and ignorant that he called "impossible" what Trump was able to achieve in two years.:

    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpTrainCA View Post
    The Hill, 6/1/16

    QUOTE: "President Obama hit presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump for not detailing the ways in which he plans to accomplish certain goals. During a PBS town hall that aired Wednesday, Obama referenced Trump's promise to bring back jobs to the United States when talking about manufacturing. “Well, how exactly are you going to do that? What exactly are you going to do? There’s no answer to it," Obama said. "He just says, 'Well, I’m going to negotiate a better deal.' Well, what, how exactly are you going to negotiate that? What magic wand do you have? And usually the answer is, he doesn’t have an answer.”

    https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-brief...nd-do-you-have


    Today: 4/28/19

    US economic growth rebounds at 3.2 percent pace in first quarter
    "The U.S. economy grew more quickly than most economists expected during the first quarter of 2019, according to data released Friday by the Commerce Department. During the three-month period from January to March, the GDP rose at a 3.2 percent annualized rate, beating most analysts’ expectations of 2.5 percent

    https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/...t-quarter-2019

    Disposable income rose $116 billion, or 3 percent, in the first quarter. Overall prices 0.8 percent.
    Investors were closely watching the report’s release for signs to dismiss fears of an impending economic recession. Stocks rose on the better-than-expected results in pre-market trading.

  23. #15
    Titan of the Wasatch Sherman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    US
    Posts
    13,529
    Thanks
    2,747
    Thanked 12,931 Times in 8,817 Posts

    Blog Entries
    4
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)




    Rep Power
    2147726
    Off topic discussion removed. Please discuss the topic of the opening post, not each other. Please keep the problems from other websites off of TOL.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us