User Tag List

Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 495

Thread: What the Law and the Bible say about Homosexuality.

  1. #76
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    810
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 451 Times in 306 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151333
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    it's a natural consequence from the selfishness that overtook the country in the sixties - the foolish belief that freedom means freedom from consequences

    i've been considering lately that it may have been an unaviodable reaction to the deprivation and self-sacrifice of the 30's and 40's

    don;t know if you are familiar with Charles Murray or his book Coming Apart, in which he lays a lot of the current social ills at the feet of the collapse of marriage as an institution


    yes, on the individual level, an argument can be made that the individual should have the right to divorce

    but on a societal level, it's a recipe for disaster
    That is actually the conflating of license and liberty. They are two different concepts but are often conflated by those desiring a life of license, or in other words, a life of unrestrained licentiousness.

    I don't believe the depression of the 30s and early 40s had much to do with it. By the 30s the socialists were already in control of the teachers unions, our educational system, and our media. The combined power of all those institutions to reshape thought and morality is incredible, and the socialists of this country have long understood that they had to separate the population from its Christian roots if they were to take full political control of the nation as Christianity and the immorality inherent in godless socialism are diametrically opposed.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ffreeloader For Your Post:

    ok doser (April 28th, 2019)

  3. #77
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Under the Hill and Over the Hedge
    Posts
    909
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 461 Times in 331 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151678
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    Way to defend the child molestation group, Kit.

    Hope you're proud of yourself.
    Know your enemy, it does not help to defeat them if you fill your knowledge of them with falsehoods and misrepresentations.
    "Repubs must not allow [The President] to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress," Donald Trump

  4. #78
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,518
    Thanks
    620
    Thanked 6,651 Times in 3,550 Posts

    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147771
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit the Coyote View Post
    Know your enemy, it does not help to defeat them if you fill your knowledge of them with falsehoods and misrepresentations.
    I get my information from a credible source. If you can establish your claim to the contrary, fine. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned you're simply running interference for child rapists.

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 28th, 2019)

  6. #79
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Under the Hill and Over the Hedge
    Posts
    909
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 461 Times in 331 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151678
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    Homosexuality is caused, for the most part, by molesting children.
    It is mostly boys who were molested between the ages of five and eight years who grow up to be homosexuals. Fortunately, most children who are so molested do not go on to be gay but the vast majority of gay men where repeatedly molested as children. It is the primary contributing factor. Also, the vast majority of child molestation is committed by men against boys (i.e. it is homosexual in nature).

    Thus, if homosexuality was re-criminalized and punished according to the principles of justice (i.e. if homosexuals were executed upon conviction) you'd not only rid the society of homosexuality but of child molestation as well. You'd solve both the problem and it's primary cause.
    It is possible that childhood traumas played a role in some people becoming LGBT. After all we are talking about an aspect of the basic personality and such traumas are quite likely to have some impact. I think is unlikely that all or even most LGBT persons are the result of such traumas though. The formation of the personality and sexual orientation is an extremely complex process involving many factors.

    It is also incredibly simplistic to think that just because such a psychological trauma may have been involved that it somehow makes that personality aspect 'curable' or a choice. For all we know it could be the same as trying to tell an amputee, if you just regrow that leg you will be fine.

    The final part seems to be rather silly circular logic to me. You seem to be saying all child molesters are homosexuals and all homosexuals are created by child molestation. Neither of those points are fully true even if some are created by such traumas. So no you will not solve the problem simply by killing all the gays.
    "Repubs must not allow [The President] to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress," Donald Trump

  7. #80
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Under the Hill and Over the Hedge
    Posts
    909
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 461 Times in 331 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151678
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    I get my information from a credible source. If you can establish your claim to the contrary, fine. Otherwise, as far as I'm concerned you're simply running interference for child rapists.
    Well my source was Jerry Falwell, who seems to be the first person to mention the motto in print and attributed it to the Rene Guyon Society in 1980.
    "Repubs must not allow [The President] to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress," Donald Trump

  8. #81
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,518
    Thanks
    620
    Thanked 6,651 Times in 3,550 Posts

    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147771
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit the Coyote View Post
    It is possible that childhood traumas played a role in some people becoming LGBT. After all we are talking about an aspect of the basic personality and such traumas are quite likely to have some impact. I think is unlikely that all or even most LGBT persons are the result of such traumas though. The formation of the personality and sexual orientation is an extremely complex process involving many factors.
    It's caused primarily by child abuse and most often repeated sexual abuse. It is, by far, the number one contributing factor, as I've said already.

    It is also incredibly simplistic to think that just because such a psychological trauma may have been involved that it somehow makes that personality aspect 'curable' or a choice. For all we know it could be the same as trying to tell an amputee, if you just regrow that leg you will be fine.
    I'm not at all interested in curing perverts. I'm interested in preventing them.

    The final part seems to be rather silly circular logic to me.
    Why do people say stupid things like this?

    If you want to make an argument then do it. How much logical sense does it make to suggest that whether I've made a circular argument or not is a matter of opinion?

    You seem to be saying all child molesters are homosexuals and all homosexuals are created by child molestation.
    It is not my problem if you are unable to read.

    I did not say that.

    Neither of those points are fully true even if some are created by such traumas.
    Yeah, no kidding.

    So no you will not solve the problem simply by killing all the gays.
    Oh yes you will.

    At least as much as the problem can be solved in this fallen sinful world.

    Just laws do not create a panacea but merely the best version of society that is possible.

    Clete

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 28th, 2019),ok doser (April 28th, 2019)

  10. #82
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Under the Hill and Over the Hedge
    Posts
    909
    Thanks
    333
    Thanked 461 Times in 331 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    151678
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    If you want to make an argument then do it. How much logical sense does it make to suggest that whether I've made a circular argument or not is a matter of opinion?
    Simple, your solution will not work because a significant portion of childhood molestation is not caused by homosexuals. In the meantime, you will be executing large numbers of people who never molested a child.
    "Repubs must not allow [The President] to subvert the Constitution of the US for his own benefit & because he is unable to negotiate w/ Congress," Donald Trump

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Kit the Coyote For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (April 28th, 2019)

  12. #83
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    15,770
    Thanks
    9,567
    Thanked 7,529 Times in 5,074 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    Way to defend the child molestation group, Kit.

    Hope you're proud of yourself.
    He's not "defending" any such thing and frankly, your ignorance in equating homosexuality with child molestation as if doing away with one would eradicate the other is some of the most jaw dropping claptrap that aCW would be proud of.

    There are plenty of gay people who are simply homosexual. They haven't been molested or brought up in unstable family backgrounds or environments etc, they're simply just homosexual. Them's the facts. It ain't a crime, nor should it be. The laws in relation to child abuse have tightened, not slackened so any slippery slope fallacy is only brought up by ignorant people who are unfamiliar with laws in relation.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Arthur Brain For Your Post:

    Kit the Coyote (April 28th, 2019)

  14. #84
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    15,770
    Thanks
    9,567
    Thanked 7,529 Times in 5,074 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit the Coyote View Post
    Simple, your solution will not work because a significant portion of childhood molestation is not caused by homosexuals. In the meantime, you will be executing large numbers of people who never molested a child.
    He's arguing from a position of declaration, not fact.
    Well this is fun isn't it?


  15. #85
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,888
    Thanks
    3,812
    Thanked 9,326 Times in 6,922 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147777
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    There are plenty of gay people who are simply homosexual.


    like saying there are plenty of rapists who are simply rapists

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 28th, 2019)

  17. #86
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,888
    Thanks
    3,812
    Thanked 9,326 Times in 6,922 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147777
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    The laws in relation to child abuse have tightened, not slackened so any slippery slope fallacy is only brought up by ignorant people who are unfamiliar with laws in relation.
    your argument is a lie, one you have made often

    not saying you are a liar, just saying that you repeat lies

    often

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 28th, 2019)

  19. #87
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,518
    Thanks
    620
    Thanked 6,651 Times in 3,550 Posts

    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147771
    Quote Originally Posted by Kit the Coyote View Post
    Simple, your solution will not work because a significant portion of childhood molestation is not caused by homosexuals. In the meantime, you will be executing large numbers of people who never molested a child.
    What?

    You seriously need to learn how to read.

    The idea isn't to execute homosexuals because they molest children. Getting rid of large percentages of child molestation is simply a consequence of enacting just laws against homsoexuality.

    There are all kinds of possitive resutls a society enjoys from having just laws. If, for example, you recriminalized adultery, you'd have less murder, STDs, cirvical cancer, drug use, teen pregnancy, teen suicide, prison polution, etc, etc, etc.

    All because you enacted one single just law!

    Clete

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 28th, 2019),ok doser (April 28th, 2019)

  21. #88
    Silver Member Clete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Posts
    9,518
    Thanks
    620
    Thanked 6,651 Times in 3,550 Posts

    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147771

    "The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 28th, 2019),ok doser (April 28th, 2019)

  23. #89
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,888
    Thanks
    3,812
    Thanked 9,326 Times in 6,922 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147777
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Brain View Post
    He's arguing from a position of declaration, not fact.
    he's arguing from a position of declaration of fact

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 28th, 2019)

  25. #90
    TOL Legend Arthur Brain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Precariously balanced on top of a mineshaft
    Posts
    15,770
    Thanks
    9,567
    Thanked 7,529 Times in 5,074 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    What?

    You seriously need to learn how to read.

    The idea isn't to execute homosexuals because they molest children. Getting rid of large percentages of child molestation is simply a consequence of enacting just laws against homsoexuality.

    There are all kinds of possitive resutls a society enjoys from having just laws. If, for example, you recriminalized adultery, you'd have less murder, STDs, cirvical cancer, drug use, teen pregnancy, teen suicide, prison polution, etc, etc, etc.

    All because you enacted one single just law!

    Clete
    Uh, yeah, society would just be one happy utopia and nobody would have sex outside of heterosexual marriage at all...

    Well this is fun isn't it?


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us