User Tag List

Thread: The Law

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Law

The word Torah means Instruction, Teaching, Direction, Law.

The Law can refer to the Law of Moses (the Jewish Bible) or the first five books of the TaNaKh (Torah - Law, Nevi'im - Prophets, Ketuvim - Writings / Scriptures) (the Hebrew Bible) (the Complete Jewish Bible) or the Old Testament (composed of 39 books).

The word Law can refer to Civil Law, Moral Law, Ceremonial Law. A Law Code, etc.... There is Torah Law, the Law of the Nation of Israel, and the Law of the Land or the Law of the United States of America.

This thread can be about Law, anything and everything that you can think of. From God's Law and the New Covenant, to silly laws (still laws, there is a reason for these), to the intent of the law and the spirit of the law and justice such as with driving laws or judicial decisions and criminal law (I know very little about this maybe even nothing except that the word criminal comes before law), etc.... You can guide the conversation if you can put something forth, anything and everything. Some people believe that there are contradictions in law such as between God's Law and Man's Law sometimes, but we will have to sort these out.

Basically we should put forth what the Bible says, but we are not limited to the Bible or a discussion of it as the word law is bigger than that, even as we are in the religion forum and all right and wrong relate to God. Another discussion is if God's Law has place in our world today, if it has been abolished, if it has been fulfilled, if all things have been accomplished, if it is outdated, if it is eternal or everlasting or perpetual, if we are not under the Law but under grace, if the Law is for the unbeliever but not the believer, etc....

Shalom (Peace).
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are 613 Commandments, Mitzvot, in the Law or in the Torah. These have been counted and variously listed and applied. This is not New Covenant Law, but it is useful to see and discuss the nature of these laws or commandments or mitzvot.

Chabad - The 613 Commandments (Mitzvot)

Judaism 101: A List of the 613 Mitzvot (Commandments)

Wikipedia - 613 commandments

GospelOutreach.Net - The Law: All 613 Commandments!

The613Commandments.com - The 613 Commandments

Etc...

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God's Law can refer to the Law of Moses or New Covenant Law. It can refer to the 10 Commandments.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are other words like the word law, such as judgments statutes and ordinances, that are useful in defining what is what and categorizing that which we have from God relating or pertaining to what we are to do. Or what we are not to do.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In respect of the governing authorities, can someone please also present something of or for United States Law?

Wikipedia - Law of the United States

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rom 10:1-13
    1 Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.
    2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.
    3 Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.
    4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
    5 Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them."
    6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’" (that is, to bring Christ down)
    7 "or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
    8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
    9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
    11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The regenerate man is subject only to the Royal Law. " My burden is light".
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bcbsr View Post
    Rom 10:1-13
    1 Brothers, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved.
    2 For I can testify about them that they are zealous for God, but their zeal is not based on knowledge.
    3 Since they did not know the righteousness that comes from God and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness.
    4 Christ is the end of the law so that there may be righteousness for everyone who believes.
    5 Moses describes in this way the righteousness that is by the law: "The man who does these things will live by them."
    6 But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, ‘Who will ascend into heaven?’" (that is, to bring Christ down)
    7 "or ‘Who will descend into the deep?’" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead).
    8 But what does it say? "The word is near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart," that is, the word of faith we are proclaiming:
    9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
    10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.
    11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."
    Romans 10:4 NASB - For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    The regenerate man is subject only to the Royal Law. " My burden is light".
    James 2:8 NASB - If, however, you are fulfilling the royal law according to the Scripture, "YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF," you are doing well.

Matthew 11:28-30 NASB - "Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."

Thread Information