User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blessings the Elect have before they repent and believe the Gospel.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,730 Times in 2,645 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blessings the Elect have before they repent and believe the Gospel.

False religion tells us that the Blessings of Salvation through Christ are conditioned upon man doing something first, like repentance or believing. However thats contrary to truth, for those who were chosen in Christ before the foundation have been given many spiritual blessings before they believe, even before they are born sinners in this world. Now lets look at Eph 1:3-11

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
    4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
    5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
    6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
    7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;
    8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;
    9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
    10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:
    11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:
    Starting in Vs 3 Gods chosen before they hear the Gospel and while dead in sin, already have been in Christ blessed with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ Jesus !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before the elect ever believe or repent and while dead in sins, before God the Father they are holy and without blame before Him in Love ! Eph 1:4

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before the elect ever believe or repent and while dead in sins,

They had been predestinated unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself Vs 5

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before any of the benefits, the elect are entitled to can be experienced there is a need for the application of redemption.

What you are suggesting is that Israel was having a great time in Egypt while in captivity. You are still a captive to sin and so there is no contrast for you. Only the regenerate sinner can look back at his captivity with 20/20 vision.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

to the praise of the glory of His grace, wherein He hath made us accepted in the beloved Eph. 1:6.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (April 16th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They have been accepted in the beloved Eph 1:6

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

This Grace was given them in the beloved before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This word accepted is the greek word
    charitoō and means:

1. to make graceful

1. charming, lovely, agreeable

2. to persue with grace, compass with favour
    3. to honour with blessings

Charles Spurgeon !

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Already, not yet.
    Since no one can identify the elect before God makes them alive with Christ (Ephesians 2: 5-8) it is impossible for the elect, who are still dead in their trespasses and sins to experience the joy of being seated in the heavenlies with Christ Jesus. In Ephesians 2:1 he reminds us that we were all dead in our trespasses and sins. So, while God, who exists outside of time, recognizes the eternal position of the elect, it does not mean that the elect always experience that position. When we were dead, we experienced the curse of our sin.
    But God who is rich in mercy...

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

menno

Since no one can identify the elect before God makes them alive with Christ (Ephesians 2: 5-8) it is impossible for the elect, who are still dead in their trespasses and sins to experience the joy of being seated in the heavenlies with Christ Jesus. In Ephesians 2:1 he reminds us that we were all dead in our trespasses and sins.
    agreed

So, while God, who exists outside of time, recognizes the eternal position of the elect, it does not mean that the elect always experience that position.
    Correct, they dont experience until Christ gives them Spiritual life

When we were dead, we experienced the curse of our sin.
    I dont quite agree with that because Christ was made a curse for the elect, which brought about His death for the elect. Now granted before new birth the elect experience spiritual death, but i dont believe they experienced any curse.

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before the elect ever believe or repent and while dead in sins, They have redemption through His Blood and the forgiveness of sins according to rich grace. Vs 7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Charles Spurgeon !

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have always stated that the elect has never been under wrath. Are you changing your stance?
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post

They have been accepted in the beloved Eph 1:6

6 [FONT="]To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

This Grace was given them in the beloved before the world began 2 Tim 1:9

[/FONT]
    9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

This word accepted is the greek word
    charitoō and means:

1. to make graceful

1. charming, lovely, agreeable

2. to persue with grace, compass with favour
    3. to honour with blessings

Amen Brother ! The elect being accepted in Christ before the foundation Eph. 1:6 and given Grace before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9; so also were they Justified from Everlasting, or before the world began, being Chosen in Him before the foundation to be holy and without blame before Him in love Eph. 1:4.

Rom. 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Titus 3:7 That being justified by his grace, we should be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

And of course, this is all before the elect ever repent or believe in time !

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (April 16th, 2019)

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your claim that salvation is not conditioned upon faith in Christ is a denial of the gospel.

How would you answer the question "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" Acts 16:30.

They replied, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before the elect ever believe or repent and while dead in sins, They have redemption through His Blood and the forgiveness of sins according to rich grace. Vs 7

Amen, exactly as Paul preached to the Elect Saints in Col. 1:14; before they ever believe or repent, Christ their Covenant Head and Surety Heb. 7:22 had already obtained and secured Eternal Redemption for them; and being in possession of it, now must be revealed to them in the Gospel Eph. 1:13-14; Luke 1:77.

Heb. 9:12
    Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (April 17th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add, since redemption through His blood equates also to justification by His Grace Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

​Then another blessing the elect have before they believe and or repent is justification !

Charles Spurgeon !

18. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

Nanja (April 17th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To add, since redemption through His blood equates also to justification by His Grace Rom 3:24

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

​Then another blessing the elect have before they believe and or repent is justification !
    So true, which I previously stated in #11

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nanja For Your Post:

beloved57 (April 17th, 2019)

Thread Information