User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 72

Thread: Are women suppose to be Pastors?

  1. #1
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    8,952
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 4,719 Times in 2,725 Posts

    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147744

    Are women suppose to be Pastors?

    What say you?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  2. #2
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,060
    Thanks
    13,435
    Thanked 21,012 Times in 11,799 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    What say you?
    Better yet... what does the Bible say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 12th, 2019)

  4. #3
    Journeyman k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Better yet... what does the Bible say?
    I don't know. The Bible has many positions. Must be looked at with careful analysis.
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

  5. #4
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,060
    Thanks
    13,435
    Thanked 21,012 Times in 11,799 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    I don't know. The Bible has many positions. Must be looked at with careful analysis.
    Those two sentences are contradictory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 12th, 2019)

  7. #5
    Journeyman k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Those two sentences are contradictory.
    Oh man here comes the hammer. Why is that RD?
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

  8. #6
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,060
    Thanks
    13,435
    Thanked 21,012 Times in 11,799 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    Oh man here comes the hammer. Why is that RD?
    You say that you don't know but then say that there are many positions.

    Which is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 12th, 2019)

  10. #7
    Journeyman k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You say that you don't know but then say that there are many positions.

    Which is it?
    You're right. Refrase that to many different Believes have different prespectives on what the Bible saids about woman in ministry. So I don't know what the Bible saids. Good enough?
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

  11. #8
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,060
    Thanks
    13,435
    Thanked 21,012 Times in 11,799 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    You're right. Refrase that to many different Believes have different prespectives on what the Bible saids about woman in ministry. So I don't know what the Bible saids. Good enough?
    Perhaps you could go ahead and spell out the "many positions" that you think that the Bible has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 12th, 2019),Truster (April 12th, 2019)

  13. #9
    Journeyman k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Perhaps you could go ahead and spell out the "many positions" that you think that the Bible has.
    Working on it brb. Be patient....

    While I work on that. Question to think about RD. Why are you so indulge into the MAD theory position?
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

  14. #10
    Journeyman k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Perhaps you could go ahead and spell out the "many positions" that you think that the Bible has.
    Woman engaged in significant ministry such as Priscilla and Aquila correct Apollos of his imcomplete theology theory. And the Apostle Paul. In his letter to the Romans, identified sixteen significant helpers in ministry (16:1-16), and at least ten of them were women. And of course, women also made a huge contribution to Jesus' ministry. Remember in Luke with appreciation to their financial support and company with Him (Luke 8:1-3).

    So what does the Bible say?

    Looking at few verses it is clear that the Bible does not support the practice of women serving as pastors. But there is also numerous passages that speak and clearly support the value of women in ministry.
    Last edited by k0de; April 12th, 2019 at 12:56 PM.
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to k0de For Your Post:

    freelight (Yesterday)

  16. #11
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    8,952
    Thanks
    360
    Thanked 4,719 Times in 2,725 Posts

    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147744
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Better yet... what does the Bible say?
    Bible says no. So where do some denominations get their authority?
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 12th, 2019)

  18. #12
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,060
    Thanks
    13,435
    Thanked 21,012 Times in 11,799 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    Working on it brb. Be patient....

    While I work on that. Question to think about RD. Why are you so indulge into the MAD theory position?
    Off topic
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 12th, 2019)

  20. #13
    Journeyman k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Off topic
    Cool... So when you say why you so indulge in Churchality? Those who are can also respond with off topic. Right?
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

  21. #14
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,060
    Thanks
    13,435
    Thanked 21,012 Times in 11,799 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    Woman engaged in significant ministry such as Priscilla and Aquila correct Apollos of his imcomplete theology theory. And the Apostle Paul. In his letter to the Romans, identified sixteen significant helpers in ministry (16:1-16), and at least ten of them were women. And of course, women also made a huge contribution to Jesus' ministry. Remember in Luke with appreciation to their financial support and company with Him (Luke 8:1-3).

    So what does the Bible say?

    Looking at few verses it is clear that the Bible does not support the practice of women serving as pastors. But there is also numerous passages that speak and clearly support the value of women in ministry.
    So the "many positions" are a total of one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 12th, 2019)

  23. #15
    Journeyman k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    141
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    So the "many positions" are a total of one?
    Correct. According to the Bible. That's why I rephrase to believes instead. I never said you weren't correct according to the scriptures. But the value of women in ministry can't be ignore either.
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us