User Tag List

Page 4 of 42 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 616

Thread: Is the Law of Moses good or bad?

  1. #46
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 164 Times in 130 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12379
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    If I didn't, I wouldn't have said anything.
    Good for you. Hey...since you know God as he describes himself in his word, would you mind explaining why God says he’s filled with wrath in the OT, but in the NT he condemns wrath as a work of the flesh?
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  2. #47
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Jacob, what you call scriptures means bible. It is the Bible that teaches us that God wants to kill us. It is stated over and over again, beginning with Genesis, and ending with Revelations.

    The Bible teaches that God is angry, filled with wrath, jealousy and hate, and heís going to be killing us as he has done in the past because we are not good enough.

    So, what youíre saying is that you do in fact believe that God is a killer if you want to believe the Bible. And that is your right. You get to believe whatever you want. There is death in this world, it is all around us and in us. We are all going to die. Maybe thatís why so many people believe that God is an angry killer.

    For some of us, the idea that God is a blood thirsty killer is so reprehensible as to make it actually evil to think. We donít know why we are here to suffer death, but we donít believe itís because God is evil. We believe that God is good in spite of the death around us.
    God says that He is not wanting anyone to perish but all to come to repentance.

  3. #48
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,761
    Thanks
    33,180
    Thanked 8,384 Times in 5,366 Posts

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147634
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Good for you. Hey...since you know God as he describes himself in his word, would you mind explaining why God says heís filled with wrath in the OT, but in the NT he condemns wrath as a work of the flesh?
    False premise.

    God did not condemn wrath.

  4. #49
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 164 Times in 130 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12379
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    False premise.

    God did not condemn wrath.
    False answer. The bible says he did. Galatians 5.

    "Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: [d]adultery, [e]fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, [f]murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."

    You said you knew God according to his word. So, I asked you a question and you didn't answer it. Would you like to try again?

    How is it that God practices wrath, but condemns that practice as a work of the flesh? Or to put it another way.....how can God practice something he despises?
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  5. #50
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 164 Times in 130 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12379
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    God says that He is not wanting anyone to perish but all to come to repentance.
    Yes....but that doesn't address what we were talking about.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  6. #51
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Yes....but that doesn't address what we were talking about.
    How not? You said that God is a killer and I disagree.

  7. #52
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 164 Times in 130 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12379
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    How not? You said that God is a killer and I disagree.
    Jacob, I donít understand. You said you believe the Bible, but you donít believe that God is a killer. The Bible says that God has killed millions of people and other living creatures, like animals, and that he will kill again, wiping out most of the planet with plagues.

    Do you believe God told Moses to kill the man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath Day?

    Do you believe that God flooded the world, killing everything and everyone except for Noah and his family?

    Do you believe that God had his angel kill tens of thousands of Jews in Jerusalem (his people) after David sinned in numbering Israel?
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  8. #53
    Veteran k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4302
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Am I nuts? Worthless question.

    Moses got the Bible from God huh? Well, just so you are aware, he didnít get it all from God. He got the eye for an eye part from the Code of Hammurabi.

    So, I guess it would be fair to say that he got some of it from God and some of it from the Babylonians.

    Or another way to say it is that Christians believe he got it from God, because the Bible says he did.

    Another way to view it, is that there is no way the real God had anything to do with it whatsoever because itís filled with evil things like killing and raping people.
    Yes your nuts. It His creation and as creator he has every right to include what he wishes on His Script.

    Are you so afraid of God's wrath. In so much that it has derail your understanding and reasoning about what he must do with malicious programs?

    Questions for you to think about. Why are you so oppose to the wrath of God? And What have you done that the fear of God's wrath is so evident in your heart?
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

  9. #54
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 164 Times in 130 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12379
    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    Yes your nuts. It His creation and as creator he has every right to include what he wishes on His Script.

    Are you so afraid of God's wrath. In so much that it has derail your understanding and reasoning about what he must do with malicious programs?

    Questions for you to think about. Why are you so oppose to the wrath of God? And What have you done that the fear of God's wrath is so evident in your heart?
    If you think Iím nuts, why do you care what I think? Did you notice that I didnít get offended when you called me nuts, but you got offended with me when you thought I insulted you? Just saying.

    KOde, to answer your question....if God is Love then there is nothing to fear because love does no harm. Regarding ďGods wrathĒ I consider that a nonsequitur because love doesnít have wrath. Love is the opposite of wrath.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  10. #55
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Jacob, I don’t understand. You said you believe the Bible, but you don’t believe that God is a killer. The Bible says that God has killed millions of people and other living creatures, like animals, and that he will kill again, wiping out most of the planet with plagues.

    Do you believe God told Moses to kill the man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath Day?

    Do you believe that God flooded the world, killing everything and everyone except for Noah and his family?

    Do you believe that God had his angel kill tens of thousands of Jews in Jerusalem (his people) after David sinned in numbering Israel?
    I disagree with your characterization of God as a killer. He would rather that people repent. The point is that God has given the death penalty (human court) and killed (divine intervention or whatever we would call it) as well. If you choose to disobey you may suffer at His hand. But that is not what He wants for you.

  11. #56
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 164 Times in 130 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12379
    It seems clear enough to me that God can be Love, or God can be wrath....but not both. They exclude each other, don’t they?

    So, maybe the Bible is just confused and doesn’t even know what God is.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  12. #57
    Veteran k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4302
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    If you think Iím nuts, why do you care what I think? Did you notice that I didnít get offended when you called me nuts, but you got offended with me when you thought I insulted you? Just saying.

    KOde, to answer your question....if God is Love then there is nothing to fear because love does no harm. Regarding ďGods wrathĒ I consider that a nonsequitur because love doesnít have wrath. Love is the opposite of wrath.
    Figure of speech. But your posts Guyver are frustrating because your aren't debating. But rather you're preaching attributes of a God that is not God of the Bible. And certainly it isn't the Christian God. But dude who is in your ear? And where are you getting these things from?

    Please forgive me if I offended you. Not my intention.
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

  13. #58
    Veteran k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    279
    Thanks
    304
    Thanked 58 Times in 52 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4302
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    It seems clear enough to me that God can be Love, or God can be wrath....but not both. They exclude each other, donít they?

    So, maybe the Bible is just confused and doesnít even know what God is.
    You see making false accusations towards the Bible and my Jesus. I'm going to keep you in my prayers. May the God all mighty open your eyes of understanding of his holy scriptures from revelations of Jesus Christ through the holy spirit.

    Man talk about backsliding....
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

  14. #59
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    It seems clear enough to me that God can be Love, or God can be wrath....but not both. They exclude each other, don’t they?

    So, maybe the Bible is just confused and doesn’t even know what God is.
    They do not exclude each other but you need context. For example, God's wrath is justified because of sin.

  15. #60
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,022
    Thanks
    111
    Thanked 164 Times in 130 Posts

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12379
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    They do not exclude each other but you need context. For example, God's wrath is justified because of sin.
    Is murder justified because someone gets mad?
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us