User Tag List

Thread: Christianity, Judaism, and Other Religions.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Christianity, Judaism, and Other Religions.

In the Bible there is mention of Christians.

Acts 26:28 NASB - Agrippa [replied] to Paul, "In a short time you will persuade me to become a Christian."
    1 Peter 4:16 NASB - but if [anyone suffers] as a Christian, he is not to be ashamed, but is to glorify God in this name.

Acts 11:26 NASB - and when he had found him, he brought him to Antioch. And for an entire year they met with the church and taught considerable numbers; and the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch.

Judaism is mentioned.

Galatians 1:13-14 NASB - For you have heard of my former manner of life in Judaism, how I used to persecute the church of God beyond measure and tried to destroy it; and I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my contemporaries among my countrymen, being more extremely zealous for my ancestral traditions.

Judaizers are, according to what is displayed in Google,

Judaizers are Christians who teach it is necessary to adopt Jewish customs and practices, especially those found in the Law of Moses, to be saved.

So it is important to not be a Judaizer.

My Religion here displays as Christian. I have been instructed that I have been teaching people about Judaism. This is a Christian Website with a target audience.

So in the Religion Forum are we to talk about the Christian Religion? I have questions that pertain to Judaism, but I am a Christian. There is a lot of good in Judaism, though Messianic Judaism is a Judaism that teaches or believes that Yeshua is the Messiah, like Christians teach that Jesus is the Christ. There are varying views on God's Law, the Law of Moses, and the New Covenant. Christians should be able to talk or speak intelligently about God's Law, but the Law of Moses is not required to be a Christian.

However,

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others [to do] the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches [them,] he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses [that] of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

However,

Ephesians 2:14-16 NASB - For He Himself is our peace, who made both [groups into] one and broke down the barrier of the dividing wall, by abolishing in His flesh the enmity, [which is] the Law of commandments [contained] in ordinances, so that in Himself He might make the two into one new man, [thus] establishing peace, and might reconcile them both in one body to God through the cross, by it having put to death the enmity.

And,

Colossians 2:13-17 NASB - When you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions, having canceled out the certificate of debt consisting of decrees against us, which was hostile to us; and He has taken it out of the way, having nailed it to the cross. When He had disarmed the rulers and authorities, He made a public display of them, having triumphed over them through Him. Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day-- things which are a [mere] shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ.

Now I am a Christian. So can we talk about Judaism or not? And can we talk about other non-Biblical Religions, yes or no?

Also, can we eschatologically only take the viewpoint of MAD (Mid-Acts Dispensationalism)?

I have been encouraged to find a site on Judaism, but I am a Christian and I don't know what site this might be that I could minister to people, fellow Jews, on.

I have been on this website since I was a child and I do not see myself leaving.

Thank you for listening. What do you think?

Shalom (Peace).

Jacob
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

in beginning he created gods the heavens and the earth

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Christianity is not a religion.

Religions are basically man made.

Christianity is God made
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post

Christianity is God made
    What do you do with a Religion Forum here?

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    When we think Religion and a Religion Forum do we think freedom of religion or do we think Christianity is not a religion?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post

Christianity is God made
    All religions are man made. You must have confused the facts on that statement. It sure would be great to observe God in action making something though...don’t you think?

I mean, I know it would be hard since God is invisible, but that would be amazing. Yes, I would love to see God in action in this world. A lot of people have a lot of questions and I bet God has answers.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The truth of a religion lies on the validity of human witnessing. Human witnessing remains the only way for a truth to convey among humans under a lot of circumstances. To put it another way. Even when God is a truth, the only way remains as an option is to convey this truth through human testimonies from His chosen eyewitnesses.

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    All religions are man made.
    This remains your own faith, a quite baseless one.

Thanks
    Thanked 8,008 Times in 5,085 Posts

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All religions are man made.
    Even if that were true, what of it?

You must have confused the facts on that statement. It sure would be great to observe God in action making something though...donít you think?

I mean, I know it would be hard since God is invisible, but that would be amazing. Yes, I would love to see God in action in this world.
    No, you wouldn't.

You would hate it.

Because doing so would shove reality in your face and force you to accept it, that God exists, and you are not the absolute authority in your life.

A lot of people have a lot of questions and I bet God has answers.
    They should read the Bible. He gave them there.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Right Divider (April 12th, 2019)

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    When we think Religion and a Religion Forum do we think freedom of religion or do we think Christianity is not a religion?
    Religion is a work of man. It is the feeble work of man who has received the revelation that there is a Creator. The man then attempts to make amends for his sins in the hope he will receive a reward.

Salvation is the result of redemption wherein the Eternal Almighty declares to man that He has fulfilled the work and the reward has been secured.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Truster For Your Post:

Jacob (April 12th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Religion is a work of man. It is the feeble work of man who has received the revelation that there is a Creator. The man then attempts to make amends for his sins in the hope he will receive a reward.

Salvation is the result of redemption wherein the Eternal Almighty declares to man that He has fulfilled the work and the reward has been secured.
    It sounds like you really understand.

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All religions are man made. You must have confused the facts on that statement. It sure would be great to observe God in action making something though...don’t you think?

I mean, I know it would be hard since God is invisible, but that would be amazing. Yes, I would love to see God in action in this world. A lot of people have a lot of questions and I bet God has answers.
    Silly, God provided the doctrine, reproof and correction so that we might live rightly

The truths they seek pertaining to life and godliness are found in scripture
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thread Information