Thread: MARK 1:4 JOHN'S BAPTISM

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    I'm going to look more closely to the claim that water baptism was for the children of Israel only. Thanks for the guide.

Acts 10:44-48 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues[b] and praising God.

Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.
    If you have material wealth, but do not give to those in need, then the love of God is not in you. Whatever you have done for the least of these you have done for HIM. To give to the poor is to lend to the LORD.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to csuguy For Your Post:

k0de (April 9th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csuguy View Post
    Acts 10:44-48 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. 45 The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. 46 For they heard them speaking in tongues[b] and praising God.

Then Peter said, 47 “Surely no one can stand in the way of their being baptized with water. They have received the Holy Spirit just as we have.” 48 So he ordered that they be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked Peter to stay with them for a few days.
    Yes. I agree with you also. But I also like to look into to other people position and proof their claim. What I make from some posters on this site is that there is 2 gospels. One for the children of Israel which is assigned to Peter. And another gospel for the Gentiles which was assigned to Paul.

I'm looking into this position more closely through the scriptures. But I'm not sold on it. I am still on your side one gospel for all.

But I have to test their spirits before I can agree or disagree
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to k0de For Your Post:

csuguy (April 9th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 21,012 Times in 11,799 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Wow...so one of the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL ordered that a devout gentile that gave much alms to THE PEOPLE and that had ALREADY received the Holy Spirit to get wet is proof that WE should get wet?

Peter did not even know the mystery of Christ per Paul at that time.

Please show us where Paul commands water baptism in the body of Christ. He doesn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Wow...so one of the TWELVE apostles that will sit on TWELVE thrones judging the TWELVE tribes of ISRAEL ordered that a devout gentile that gave much alms to THE PEOPLE and that had ALREADY received the Holy Spirit to get wet is proof that WE should get wet?

Peter did not even know the mystery of Christ per Paul at that time.

Please show us where Paul commands water baptism in the body of Christ. He doesn't.
    Question RD. So When Paul writes in Galatians any other gospel preached is accursed, then are Peter and John accursed?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Question RD. So When Paul writes in Galatians any other gospel preached is accursed, then are Peter and John accursed?
    No... you need to read that Galatians passage in context. Please see my blog post: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...in-Galatians-1

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No... you need to read that Galatians passage in context. Please see my blog post: http://theologyonline.com/entry.php?...in-Galatians-1
    Link isn't working. Browser complains that it can't be found.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Link isn't working. Browser complains that it can't be found.
    It works for me. It's local to this site.

Here is the content:

Many claim that Galatians 1 precludes multiple gospels. But it's simply them ignoring context as is too typical of many.

Gal 1:6-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (1:6) I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: (1:7) Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. (1:8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. (1:9) As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There is a specific audience involved here. Once you take that into account, there is no problem at all.

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm starting to see more light about your position. Before I couldn't distinguish what you meant with Isreal and and the body Christ. But know I do. Another poster Right Divider explained it in our conversation.

I'm going to look more closely to the claim that water baptism was for the children of Israel only. Thanks for the guide.
    Hi

You are most welcome....ask anything anytime and we will try to answer

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It works for me. It's local to this site.

Here is the content:

Many claim that Galatians 1 precludes multiple gospels. But it's simply them ignoring context as is too typical of many.

Gal 1:6-9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (1:6) I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: (1:7) Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. (1:8) But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. (1:9) As we said before, so say I now again, If any [man] preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

There is a specific audience involved here. Once you take that into account, there is no problem at all.
    What audience? The Church of Galatia or the false teachers on v.7 that are trying disturb the Gospels?

There is only one gospel, not two and if one insists there are two, one of them is false

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougE View Post
    John's baptism was for the remission of sins, to cleanse Israel as priests in the coming Davidic kingdom,
    This doesn't make sense. Didn't all priesthood from ancient Israel was from the tribe of the Levi for ever and ever.

"And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations."(Exodus 40:15)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

What audience? The Church of Galatia or the false teachers on v.7 that are trying disturb the Gospels?
    The audience that I'm talking about are all the YE and YOU, etc. etc.

There is only one gospel, not two and if one insists there are two, one of them is false
    No, there are many gospels proclaimed all throughout the Bible.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

DougE (April 10th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

This doesn't make sense. Didn't all priesthood from ancient Israel was from the tribe of the Levi for ever and ever.
    You have a LOT of studying to do.

"And thou shalt anoint them, as thou didst anoint their father, that they may minister unto me in the priest's office: for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations."(Exodus 40:15)
    Israel had a number of priesthoods within their nation.

Israel was to be a kingdom of priests to all nations (gentiles).

Veteran
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello

All Israel will be Priests in the kingdom

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This does not mean that the Levites will no longer be Priests

Jeremiah 33:18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark 1:4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.

John's baptism was for the remission of sins, to cleanse Israel as priests in the coming Davidic kingdom, in which, Israel would reign with Christ on earth.

1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.

John baptized with water according to the covenant and the law. Jesus would baptize not with water, but with the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost came on the disciples at Pentecost according to the New Testament. The New Testament was only for Israel and Judah. By the Holy Spirit, Israel would be given a new heart and would be able to keep the law.
    Indeed John's baptism in water was replaced by the baptism in pneuma hagion referred to as the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ.

In the same sense that water baptism was referred to John's baptism, the baptism in holy spirit could be referred to Jesus Christ's baptism.

If we would name it by the one who was the agent of its institution.

However more deeply both were instituted by God.

Obviously Jesus' baptism being the one and only preeminent one as far as scripture and Christianity goes

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

All Israel will be Priests in the kingdom

Exodus 19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This does not mean that the Levites will no longer be Priests

Jeremiah 33:18 Neither shall the priests the Levites want a man before me to offer burnt offerings, and to kindle meat offerings, and to do sacrifice continually.
    You know DoughE Exodus 19:5 and 19:6 were my very next questions. But you already answered it. Alright we're a work in progress here. But I don't understand Jeremiah 33:18. How is that verse a claim for the Levites to keep their preisthood?

And if you don't mind. What is your Christian sec from the way?
    Last edited by k0de; April 10th, 2019 at 06:11 PM.

Thread Information