Thread: Empathy and Compassion for Mass Murderers, Rapists, Child Molesters

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    Should a Christian have empathy and compassion for murderers, rapists, child molesters?
    Murderers, rapists, and child molesters are sinners.

Murder. They shall not inherit the kingdom of God. In 1 Corinthians 6 there is a list of sins some Christians used to do. Murder is not mentioned. Before the Law was given there was punishment by death for murder, because man is made in the image of God. With the Law of course we have the commandment against murder. Even a difference if someone kills someone else by accident. With Jesus do we have forgiveness of sins for even murder? What should our approach be toward murderers, whether we have met any or not?

Rapists. The Law has something to say against rape and rapists.

Child Molesters. Sexual sin is against God's Law. There is no specific commandment which makes this aberration difficult to deal with or classify how to deal with it. How can we break this down to what should happen, who should be convicted, if there is forgiveness of sins, etc...?
    I say no, that they deserve justice, that their victims deserve justice
    What we deserve is not always what we get. This may be good. However, I believe that it is bad. And I am thankful for forgiveness when I repent of sin, realizing what I have done.
    discuss
    from here

Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,755 Times in 2,724 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Murderers, rapists, and child molesters are sinners.
    True ... they are sinners and it will be up to God to judge them in the AFTER-life. However, in this life, our legal systemís first priority should be to protect society. My preference: the death penalty to anyone guilty of the above named crimes.
    TRUST
    is a fragile thing.

Easy to break, Easy to lose
    and one of the hardest things to
    ever get back.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 12th, 2019)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    True ... they are sinners and it will be up to God to judge them in the AFTER-life. However, in this life, our legal system’s first priority should be to protect society. My preference: the death penalty to anyone guilty of the above named crimes.
    Do you believe that the death penalty in these crimes is what the Law of God requires?

Otherwise, good answer.

A murderer? Yes, if it was not an accident. If we are living according to the Law. Some say we are under grace and not under Law.

A rapist? I think it depends. I can't remember exactly how the law reads. The law of the land probably has specifics that condemn the rapist. If we are talking about God's Law, it may be that two people have sex and neither was engaged or married. They may get married with money to her father.

The child molester. This is a crime akin to murder because it involves decisions that are destructive and that are not sexual in nature, though the crime can be thought of as sexual in nature, a sex crime. Sexual immorality is not all that there is to it. Because there is a victim. It is not consensual sex that is immoral. So, should the crime be deserving of death? And, just as I have said it? Or, do I not understand its gravity?

Censorship is the height of vanity Rusha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,755 Times in 2,724 Posts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Do you believe that the death penalty in these crimes is what the Law of God requires?

Otherwise, good answer.

A murderer? Yes, if it was not an accident. If we are living according to the Law. Some say we are under grace and not under Law.

A rapist? I think it depends. I can't remember exactly how the law reads. The law of the land probably has specifics that condemn the rapist. If we are talking about God's Law, it may be that two people have sex and neither was engaged or married. They may get married with money to her father.

The child molester. This is a crime akin to murder because it involves decisions that are destructive and that are not sexual in nature, though the crime can be thought of as sexual in nature, a sex crime. Sexual immorality is not all that there is to it. Because there is a victim. It is not consensual sex that is immoral. So, should the crime be deserving of death? And, just as I have said it? Or, do I not understand its gravity?
    I believe that God would want us to care for children and our neighbors enough to protect them from rapists and murders. The only way to protect the innocent is to dispose of anyone (via the death penalty) who is convicted of rape, murder or child molestation.
    TRUST
    is a fragile thing.

Easy to break, Easy to lose
    and one of the hardest things to
    ever get back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rusha For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (April 13th, 2019)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusha View Post
    I believe that God would want us to care for children and our neighbors enough to protect them from rapists and murders. The only way to protect the innocent is to dispose of anyone (via the death penalty) who is convicted of rape, murder or child molestation.
    Okay. I am most familiar with what the Bible says about murder and rape. How do you believe in capital punishment? This is a view that many do not believe in. In my life I have been Torah Observant and at the same time said that it is not required for salvation. So I don't require that people observe the Law. But for those who don't they are guilty of breaking the Law. And is there a punishment for that? Any penalty?

See: Thread: Penalty. The existence of a penalty for breaking a law.

A child molester, like other sinners, is worthy of death. But not all sin is worthy of death! So it is confusing! Because child molesters are monsters.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ezekiel 18:23 NASB - "Do I have any pleasure in the death of the wicked," declares the Lord GOD, "rather than that he should turn from his ways and live?

And,

in Israel,

there are sins or transgressions that when committed a person is worthy of death,

and actually the land would be rid of the evil if that were to occur.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The man who has hated his brother is a murderer. The man who has had fantasies is a rapist and possibly a molester. Whatever a man has thought of doing he is guilty of such. Only the restraint of mercy and fear of being caught has held back many a man from ruin.

"There but for grace, go I".
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    The man who has hated his brother is a murderer. The man who has had fantasies is a rapist and possibly a molester. Whatever a man has thought of doing he is guilty of such. Only the restraint of mercy and fear of being caught has held back many a man from ruin.

"There but for grace, go I".
    God judges even the thought, and by God's grace you can judge your thoughts.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

Truster (April 13th, 2019)

Thread Information