User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Step By Step In Born Again

  1. #16
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven

    To deny the Trinity is to deny the Father, Son and Holy Spirit which of course I realize you do. The trinity you mentioned is yours. May God have mercy on your soul.
    It's a good thing Jesus didn't deny his God.

  2. #17
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,593
    Thanks
    16,939
    Thanked 40,118 Times in 20,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147828
    Quote Originally Posted by Vail Lifted View Post
    It's a good thing Jesus didn't deny his God.
    He would be denying Himself.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 5th, 2019)

  4. #18
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    He would be denying Himself.
    Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

    Jesus' God is the Father. Therefore he would not have been dening himself but the Father whom he calls "my God"

  5. #19
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,593
    Thanks
    16,939
    Thanked 40,118 Times in 20,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147828
    Quote Originally Posted by Vail Lifted View Post
    Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

    Jesus' God is the Father. Therefore he would not have been dening himself but the Father whom he calls "my God"
    You can try with all your might, but you can't separate the Father, Son, and Spirit. The three are ONE.

    Rev. 3:21=22 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

  6. #20
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You can try with all your might, but you can't separate the Father, Son, and Spirit. The three are ONE.

    Rev. 3:21=22 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. 22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
    Who is the God whom Jesus says is "my God"? It must be the same God who raised Jesus from among the dead ones.

    Act 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
    Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

  7. #21
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,593
    Thanks
    16,939
    Thanked 40,118 Times in 20,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147828
    Quote Originally Posted by Vail Lifted View Post
    Who is the God whom Jesus says is "my God"? It must be the same God who raised Jesus from among the dead ones.

    Act 5:30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
    Act 5:31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
    Yep, same God. You can't separate GOD from Himself. Jesus Christ says He raised Himself.

    John 2:19-22 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

    John 10:17-18
    17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 5th, 2019),Rusha (April 7th, 2019)

  9. #22
    Gold level Subscriber drbrumley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    9,708
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 3,178 Times in 2,009 Posts

    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    608400
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Yep, same God. You can't separate GOD from Himself. Jesus Christ says He raised Himself.

    John 2:19-22 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

    John 10:17-18
    17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
    Correct and consise…..

    Here comes the "that's not what he meant" schtick from our opponents...LOL!!!!
    Even in the very best of situations, voting is still an unmitigated failure. The fact that any simple majority of individuals (mob) can determine an outcome that adversely affects the minority (mob rule) is against all natural rights. In the United State today, all who vote harm others so that they might benefit. By voting, they are also sanctioning theft of private property at the point of a gun, and the redistribution of that property to those who did not earn it.

  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drbrumley For Your Post:

    glorydaz (April 6th, 2019),ok doser (April 5th, 2019)

  11. #23
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,637
    Thanks
    3,683
    Thanked 9,027 Times in 6,693 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147774
    awwww

    the squeakster's all red again

  12. #24
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Yep, same God. You can't separate GOD from Himself. Jesus Christ says He raised Himself.

    John 2:19-22 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. 20 Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days? 21 But he spake of the temple of his body. 22 When therefore he was risen from the dead, his disciples remembered that he had said this unto them; and they believed the scripture, and the word which Jesus had said.

    John 10:17-18
    17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again. 18 No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again. This commandment have I received of my Father.
    Jesus said that he who would lose his life for his (Jesus') sake would save it onto life eternal. Therefore, one who would die for Jesus' sake (like Stephen) would save his own life.

    Now Jesus says that he would lay down his own life and that he would have power to take it again because as he said "this commandment have I received of my Father".

    Jesus had a commandment from his God to lay down his life and that if he did he could take it again by the promise of his God and Father. He would therefore be saving his own life and taking it back again by being obedient to his God.

    You never did address my question about who is the God whom Jesus calls "my God".

  13. #25
    LIFETIME MEMBER Bright Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Calfornia
    Posts
    8,958
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 4,722 Times in 2,727 Posts

    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147744
    Quote Originally Posted by drbrumley View Post
    sorry.....I meant to get the heretic
    Sorry DR. It looked like you zapped me. My bad.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

    Jim Elliot

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (April 6th, 2019)

  15. #26
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,593
    Thanks
    16,939
    Thanked 40,118 Times in 20,054 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147828
    Quote Originally Posted by Vail Lifted View Post
    Jesus said that he who would lose his life for his (Jesus') sake would save it onto life eternal. Therefore, one who would die for Jesus' sake (like Stephen) would save his own life.

    Now Jesus says that he would lay down his own life and that he would have power to take it again because as he said "this commandment have I received of my Father".

    Jesus had a commandment from his God to lay down his life and that if he did he could take it again by the promise of his God and Father. He would therefore be saving his own life and taking it back again by being obedient to his God.

    You never did address my question about who is the God whom Jesus calls "my God".
    He said, "Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up", speaking of His body.

    So you admit Jesus raised Himself. That's a step in the right direction, since scripture also says the Father raised Him. How could both be true if they were not the ONE GOD? Please don't just skip over this fact, or try and explain it away.... try and address it.



    Jesus Christ is not only God, He is a human being. As a human being, he has a God (just like all men do). That's why you have to accept ALL of scripture....not just cherrypick those that speak of Christ's humanity.

  16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Aimiel (April 6th, 2019),Bright Raven (April 14th, 2019),JudgeRightly (April 6th, 2019),Right Divider (April 6th, 2019),Rusha (April 7th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us