BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    so you are in denial of the truth and you don't know God

Rev 20:10 and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done.
    Rev 20:14 Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.
    Rev 20:15 And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
    The Revelation is a false prophecy. Since it is not true itís words are meaningless.

Did you know that the Bible instructs believers to judge prophecy and reject false prophecy?

Did you know that the Bible contains clear instructions on HOW to judge prophecy and reject false ones?

If the answer is no, you have more bible study to do. You are a long way from truth.

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    So, do not kill and kill not donít have the same meaning? Since one is ordered correctly and the other not, one is true and the other false?

Interesting.
    But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of Elohim: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, the first principle of Rejective Knowism is that truth supersedes belief. And a related sub principle is that in order to arrive at truth, one must be willing to sacrifice all beliefs.

Well, my religion accepts all seekers of truth, so we allow for those who canít go all in. If one cannot be willing to abandon all beliefs in order to arrive at truth, then they must be willing to question all beliefs with the highest scrutiny. If they canít do this, then Rejective Knowism is not for them. They should find another religion because this one wonít work for them.

There are many other religions available to choose from where people donít have to really think too much.
    John 18:

37. "Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

38. Pilate saith unto him, What is truth? And when he had said this, he went out again unto the Jews, and saith unto them, I find in him no fault at all.

I believe Jesus because I hear his voice.

So what is your definition of the truth?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Last edited by k0de; April 2nd, 2019 at 10:32 AM.
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    I believe Jesus because I hear his voice.
    What does he say?

So what is your definition of the truth?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Truth is that which is not false.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Truth can be known.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

meshak (April 17th, 2019)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 899 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Truth is that which is not false.
    That's a useless tautology...it offers us no insight into the nature of Truth.

Our motto is a simple one, we reject what is false, embrace what is true, and question everything that is not known.
    How does RK discern one claim of Truth from an equally competing claim?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to quip For Your Post:

k0de (April 4th, 2019)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Truth can be known.
    Sure. Especially in the field of mathematics.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    That's a useless tautology...it offers us no insight into the nature of Truth.
    It does offer the most basic of insights regarding its nature. But if you have a superior definition, bring it on.

How does RK discern one claim of Truth from an equally competing claim?
    I guess that would have to be seen on a case by case basis. If two claims are equally acceptable then do they reach the same conclusion, or different conclusions? If A equals B, then not A equals not B right?

RK allows for the suspension of judgement as I said earlier. Sometimes IDk is the truth and that is acceptable.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Guyver For Your Post:

meshak (April 17th, 2019)

BANNED
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 899 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does offer the most basic of insights regarding its nature. But if you have a superior definition, bring it on.

I guess that would have to be seen on a case by case basis. If two claims are equally acceptable then do they reach the same conclusion, or different conclusions? If A equals B, then not A equals not B right?
    Well, A and B are equally competing thus, they're contradictory claims asserting identical Truths. How do you discern the Truth claim from the false one?

RK allows for the suspension of judgement as I said earlier. Sometimes IDk is the truth and that is acceptable.
    That seems reasonable yet, I see you hold faith in the Bible (you've used it to demonstrate points prior). How may you assert the Bible as demostrative Truth as opposed to any other sacred text?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sure. Especially in the field of mathematics.
    I minored in Mathematics.

Do you know what a truth statement is? A claim? A proposition?

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I minored in Mathematics.

Do you know what a truth statement is? A claim? A proposition?
    Sure....but do you have something you’d specifically like to discuss? Generally, religion and logic aren’t exactly compatible. You just claimed that you would offer blood sacrifice in a thread last night.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sure....but do you have something you’d specifically like to discuss? Generally, religion and logic aren’t exactly compatible. You just claimed that you would offer blood sacrifice in a thread last night.
    God commanded sacrifice. The question is if we do sacrifice any more.

Computer logic and philosophical logic are different. Have you taken Discrete Mathematics? We do talk about truth.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by quip View Post
    Well, A and B are equally competing thus, they're contradictory claims asserting identical Truths. How do you discern the Truth claim from the false one?

That seems reasonable yet, I see you hold faith in the Bible (you've used it to demonstrate points prior). How may you assert the Bible as demostrative Truth as opposed to any other sacred text?
    On the first question, if A and B are equal, there is no false claim.

On the second question, Iím not expert on other sacred texts. But letís just say that I wished to determine whether or not the Book of Mormon is the Word of God. Then I would begin the slow, laborious, and deliberate process of examining the claims to see if they could be true. I would have to consciously suspend preconceived judgments or opinions on it during that period of research. I never claimed such a process is an easy thing to do. Yet, words do mean things...

So, letís say the Book of Mormon made a claim about something specific...like say, that Jews inhabited America, prior to the 15th century. In that case I would examine the scientific literature regarding dna analysis on the people groups of North America to trace the lineage... which BTW, has been done. There is no evidence supporting this claim...so I wouldnít call it true, and yet wouldnít be able to absolutely call it false. I would consider it extremely unlikely and admit that more research would need to be done.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God commanded sacrifice. The question is if we do sacrifice any more.

Computer logic and philosophical logic are different. Have you taken Discrete Mathematics? We do talk about truth.
    No. God didn’t command blood sacrifice. The Bible claims God commanded blood sacrifice. Those two statements are not the same. No one knows what God actually said, but we do know that people wrote the Bible. If you have the logical mind to understand complex mathematics, then you should also be able to understand the logic in what I just said.

You are aware that there are no original bibles available for fact checking right? And you do know that it has been demonstrated that biblical texts have changed over time....right? That means people have changed the Bible at Will, over the centuries and millennia.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No. God didn’t command blood sacrifice. The Bible claims God commanded blood sacrifice. Those two statements are not the same. No one knows what God actually said, but we do know that people wrote the Bible. If you have the logical mind to understand complex mathematics, then you should also be able to understand the logic in what I just said.

You are aware that there are no original bibles available for fact checking right? And you do know that it has been demonstrated that biblical texts have changed over time....right? That means people have changed the Bible at Will, over the centuries and millennia.
    There are different Manuscripts, but from the Autographs to its copies we have scribes who wrote down what was already written, with great accuracy. As for whether or not God commanded sacrifice we just need a place in scripture where He did. I don't have one offhand, but I believe that I have seen one. I do not know why you are against sacrifice. As a Jew we believe the truth that sacrifice is of God. What is debated is if sacrifice is for today, especially without a temple.

Thread Information