Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: My Religion

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by csuguy View Post
    You can reject any individual belief and replace it with another belief, but you'll never be free of belief. To think you have found truth is to believe.

You could reject all belief and refuse to take a stance on anything, but then you have rejected the pursuit of truth for the safety of not being wrong
    Quite right.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry for coming back in when I said I was through for tonight, but I just wanted to know if there are any other Rejective Knowists out there or if there are any others who wish to know more about Rejective Knowism?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I wanted to say I welcome those who say I am the devil. But, before they accuse me of being the devil, I have to ask if they have read the Satanic Bible? For if you don’t even know what Satan believes, you can’t really call me the devil....right?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I jest. I don’t actually believe that any of you would read the Satanic Bible, because I won’t even read it, and I believe myself to be more free from fear tha most of you.

Anyway, I was just joking, because I would find it surprising if someone on this forum didn’t say I don’t know God, am the devil, or am deceived by the devil.

Wait....they already said that. Nice. Ok. Nevermind any of that then.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,044 Times in 619 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    So, the first principle of Rejective Knowism is that truth supersedes belief. And a related sub principle is that in order to arrive at truth, one must be willing to sacrifice all beliefs.

You have run off the rails already.

You have assumed that truth exists and that it can be arrived at. Back up a bit and tell me what makes you adhere to that presupposition. All you have said so far in support of it's existence is feeling good or bad.

And, are you speaking of objective truth or subjective truth?
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whoa! It just occurred to me that there could be an evangelical Christian on this site who actually has read the Satanic Bible before they were converted. So, they would know if I’m a liar or not. That’s great.

So, you could judge what I say as coming from Satan or not by comparing what I claim to believe in by what the Satanic Bible says. Right? If I claim to believe things that the devil doesn’t believe, then I’m not the devil right.

Oh wait. The devil can lie. Ok nevermind, maybe that test won’t work. Ok. Here’s another test. If you believe that God is love, then you can judge my beliefs based on whether or not they uphold that belief. If what I believe doesn’t correspond to the notion that God is love, then maybe you can criticize my beliefs and reject them. How’s that? Is that a good test Gideon?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    You have run off the rails already.

You have assumed that truth exists and that it can be arrived at. Back up a bit and tell me what makes you adhere to that presupposition. All you have said so far in support of it's existence is feeling good or bad.

And, are you speaking of objective truth or subjective truth?
    Great point. Sorry, by judging the methods of this forum, it seemed to me that everyone just preaches what they want over and over and then no one really reads it or says much about it.

Your judgement, while not wrong, was preemptive because I haven’t gotten that far yet. This is Rejective Knowism 101, and your points relate to Rejective Knowism 301. Rejective Knowists have come to understand that neither truth nor God can fully be known in this existence.

Now, if we could just define either term, we’d actually be able to discuss them.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“I don’t know” is a truth and therefore accepted by Rejective Knowists.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since Rejective Knowists believe that if God exists, he must be good....they are willing to admit there are things they don’t know, and that is ok.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If God is good, then there is nothing to fear. If God is not good, one should fear because we are in hell, or there is no God.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for reading. I will continue the topic when time permits and answer any questions you ask.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them".

There is no confirmation of anything you have said in the scriptures.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them".

There is no confirmation of anything you have said in the scriptures.
    Yes, there is. Perhaps you haven’t read closely enough?

Two of the chief principles of Rejective Knowism (RK) are found in scripture. I’ll restate.

1. God is infinite in understanding and knowledge.

2. God is love.

And speaking of scripture....do you know what it means? Scripture means “sacred writings.”

According to RK, only truth is sacred. So, the only writings which are scripture are those that are true. All non-truth must be rejected by Rejective Knowists. Non truth is as meaningless as fantasy so it is rejected by RK.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Yes, there is. Perhaps you haven’t read closely enough?

Two of the chief principles of Rejective Knowism (RK) are found in scripture. I’ll restate.

1. God is infinite in understanding and knowledge.

2. God is love.

And speaking of scripture....do you know what it means? Scripture means “sacred writings.”

According to RK, only truth is sacred. So, the only writings which are scripture are those that are true. All non-truth must be rejected by Rejective Knowists. Non truth is as meaningless as fantasy so it is rejected by RK.
    I was explaining your sort of doctrine to a visitor yesterday.

I had a number of things on my shopping list and one of the items was "washing up liquid". In a blast from the past, I read it as "liquid up washing". In my drunken and drug taking days this was hilarious. Not so now but it does explain how false teachers use false doctrine. The doctrine contains the words of truth but they are in the wrong order and out of context. They fail to convey absolute and well-ordered truth...
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    I was explaining your sort of doctrine to a visitor yesterday.

I had a number of things on my shopping list and one of the items was "washing up liquid". In a blast from the past, I read it as "liquid up washing". In my drunken and drug taking days this was hilarious. Not so now but it does explain how false teachers use false doctrine. The doctrine contains the words of truth but they are in the wrong order and out of context. They fail to convey absolute and well-ordered truth...
    So, do not kill and kill not don’t have the same meaning? Since one is ordered correctly and the other not, one is true and the other false?

Interesting.

Thread Information