User Tag List

Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 671

Thread: My Religion

  1. #91
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    This is not the only place where errors are found within the bible of course. There are so many errors in the Bible that they are actually classified by type.

    Anyway, the word “Lucifer” should not actually be found in the Bible, but it is. It is found in the King James Bible in the Book of Isaiah. Yet, “Lucifer” is a Latin word which in no way resembles the original Hebrew.

    Lucifer is a Latin word which is from a language that didn’t even exist when the Hebrew Bible was written, but there it is, right in English for us to think about. But it isn’t real, the Hebrew word is not Lucifer. The oldest known bible is the Dead Sea Scrolls version. It is in Hebrew and Lucifer is not there.

    The Isaiah scrolls from the Dead Sea caves are available online for you to research for yourself to see if what I say is truth.
    I don't know how to do that but I do know that Lucifer is not Hebrew.

  2. #92
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 197 Times in 162 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12382
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I doubt that this is what the Bible means.
    So, what youíre saying is that the Bible doesnít actually means what it says.

    Well Jacob, allow me to ask you, if you donít mind, how is a person supposed to believe in something that they donít understand because it doesnít say what it means?
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  3. #93
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,516
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 422 Times in 310 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    117557
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    This is not the only place where errors are found within the bible of course. There are so many errors in the Bible that they are actually classified by type.

    Anyway, the word ďLuciferĒ should not actually be found in the Bible, but it is. It is found in the King James Bible in the Book of Isaiah. Yet, ďLuciferĒ is a Latin word which in no way resembles the original Hebrew.

    Lucifer is a Latin word which is from a language that didnít even exist when the Hebrew Bible was written, but there it is, right in English for us to think about. But it isnít real, the Hebrew word is not Lucifer. The oldest known bible is the Dead Sea Scrolls version. It is in Hebrew and Lucifer is not there.

    The Isaiah scrolls from the Dead Sea caves are available online for you to research for yourself to see if what I say is truth.
    The list of ACTUAL errors in The Bible is less than my right index finger. Men have been trying to no avail to disprove Scripture. It hasn't happened yet, with about 2,000 years of trying. It's just NOT going to happen. Please guess again. It's still your turn.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  4. #94
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    280
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2867
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    The list of ACTUAL errors in The Bible is less than my right index finger.
    Amen.

    2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Men have been trying to no avail to disprove Scripture.
    That's right, for they think: "Isn't the Bible's inerrancy a stupid idea, because it can be defeated by just a single error anywhere in the Bible?"

    The answer is No. For the Bible's inerrancy is taught by the Bible itself (2 Timothy 3:16-17), while the idea of the Bible's errancy renders it useless. For then we can claim that any part of the Bible which we personally do not like is in error. And so we vitiate the whole purpose of the Bible, which is to be "profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16b-17). That is, if the Bible contained errors, then we could reject its doctrine, reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness whenever we personally felt like it (2 Timothy 4:3-4), claiming that it is in error in those instances.

    2 Timothy 4:3-4 means that in a wrong desire to continue in their lusts without repentance, even some Christians can reach the point where they become no longer able to endure the sound doctrine of the Bible, and instead seek out and latch onto any false teachings which will help to support them in their lusts (1 Timothy 4:1-2).

    *******

    Regarding Isaiah 14:12, there the original Hebrew word (heylel: H1966) translated as "Lucifer" in the KJV and as "morning star" in the NIV means "the morning star" (Strong's Hebrew Dictionary). The KJV translates it as "Lucifer" because in English, "Lucifer" in its etymology means "the morning star" (Webster's English Dictionary).

    Also, Lucifer's, the devil's, theology is to contradict God's Word with something which sounds better to humans, to deceive them into rejecting God's will (Genesis 3:1-6, Matthew 16:21-23; 1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Timothy 4:3-4).

    For it is the Bible which is able to make people wise unto salvation through faith which is in Jesus Christ (2 Timothy 3:15; 1 Peter 1:23-25, Romans 10:17, Acts 13:48, James 1:18). All of the Bible's teachings were given by the inspiration of God, and so they are all true and God's Word (2 Timothy 3:16 to 4:4). Jesus Christ says: "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed" (John 8:31). Christians must be willing to die before they would deny any part of His Word (Mark 8:35-38). One of Satan's (Lucifer's) prime aims is to get people to reject all or parts of God's Word, and start believing something else which sounds better to them as humans (Genesis 3:1-6, Matthew 16:21-23; 1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Timothy 4:3-4), but which cannot save their souls from hell, so that they will end up suffering in fire and brimstone with Satan and his fallen angels forever (Matthew 25:41,46, Revelation 20:10,15, Revelation 14:10-11).

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bibleverse2 For Your Post:

    Aimiel (April 9th, 2019),k0de (April 10th, 2019)

  6. #95
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,516
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 422 Times in 310 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    117557
    Excellent post!
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  7. #96
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,516
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 422 Times in 310 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    117557
    No scientific, historic or prophetic fact stated in The Holy Scriptures has ever been proven false. That's a claim that NO other record of history in antiquity can lay claim to.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  8. #97
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,785
    Thanks
    126
    Thanked 947 Times in 871 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    So, what youíre saying is that the Bible doesnít actually means what it says.

    Well Jacob, allow me to ask you, if you donít mind, how is a person supposed to believe in something that they donít understand because it doesnít say what it means?
    You either need the original language or a good translation.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    Guyver (April 9th, 2019)

  10. #98
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 197 Times in 162 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12382
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    No scientific, historic or prophetic fact stated in The Holy Scriptures has ever been proven false. That's a claim that NO other record of history in antiquity can lay claim to.
    That is simply false. I just gave you one. There are no satyrs in Babylon.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  11. #99
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 197 Times in 162 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12382
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    The list of ACTUAL errors in The Bible is less than my right index finger. Men have been trying to no avail to disprove Scripture. It hasn't happened yet, with about 2,000 years of trying. It's just NOT going to happen. Please guess again. It's still your turn.
    The list of copyist errors and translation errors alone is as long or longer than your index finger. When you add ďbible errataĒ that is printing errors, it exceeds your index fingers.

    The list of actual contradictions in the Bible is probably as long as your arm, and this does not include text additions and deletions. This is factual information that any one can look up in seconds in todayís world of internet computers. People who donít see it, or donít believe it simply donít want to.

    People who value truth will find a way to work it out and the others will probably not even bother to look into it. FWIW.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  12. #100
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,516
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 422 Times in 310 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    117557
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    The list of copyist errors and translation errors alone is as long or longer than your index finger. When you add “bible errata” that is printing errors, it exceeds your index fingers.

    The list of actual contradictions in the Bible is probably as long as your arm, and this does not include text additions and deletions. This is factual information that any one can look up in seconds in today’s world of internet computers. People who don’t see it, or don’t believe it simply don’t want to.

    People who value truth will find a way to work it out and the others will probably not even bother to look into it. FWIW.
    The fact is: Scripture is inerrant. If you don't believe that, that's not my problem. Your lack of faith in God's Word is on you, not me.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  13. #101
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,516
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 422 Times in 310 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    117557
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    That is simply false. I just gave you one. There are no satyrs in Babylon.
    Easily explained by the fact that the word, "Satyrs," didn't exist when the original text was written.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  14. #102
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 197 Times in 162 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12382
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Easily explained by the fact that the word, "Satyrs," didn't exist when the original text was written.
    I donít think thatís true. The Greek Civilization is recorded as going back to 1450 BC. The Bible is thought to have been written in the 6th century BC. Sure, the stories could have existed by oral tradition from much earlier, but the fact is that Greek and Hebrew language were concurrent.

    Interestingly, it is scientists who have just discovered the earliest proof of the Bible, and it was from the time of David in the 10th century BC. So, the oldest actual proof of the Bible is 1000 BC. Just so people know, there is written language much older than that. But of course, everyone who has studied already knows that....just saying.

    Anyway, your point kinda misses the big picture, and that is a mistake was in the Bible.

    Iíll give you another scientific fact that disproves what you said earlier about the Bible not being disproven to be false by scientific fact. The world doesnít have corners.

    The Earth is shaped like all other known planets. It is spherical. Which totally makes sense considering the ridiculously high rate of speed we are currently traveling through space in....

    Anyway, the Bible states that the Earth has four corners, and since the Earth is not a flat rectangle, it is not scientifically true. But that is nothing. That is the tip of the iceberg. But something tells me you fine folks donít actually want to hear much of what I have to say, and I fully understand it.

    When you have a good reason to continue to believe what you do believe, then you can easily dismiss anything that logically disagrees with it. And thatís just what is, speaking in a general sense for all people. I know because I did it myself, long time.

    Anyway, the term ďfour corners of the EarthĒ as it pertains to Earths physical dimensions occurs three times in the Bible, one in Isaiah, and two in Revelation. So, the Bible does indicate that the earth is not spherical in shape.

    And why not just throw this in? You folks make long posts. There is no mountain on Earth tall enough to see all its kingdoms, and considering the fact that the earth is not flat, it would actually be physically impossible to see all kingdoms of the earth no matter how tall you made the mountain. Since the earth is not flat, you couldnít see a large portion of it from your perspective.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  15. #103
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 197 Times in 162 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12382
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    The fact is: Scripture is inerrant. If you don't believe that, that's not my problem. Your lack of faith in God's Word is on you, not me.
    Scriptures are not inerrant when facts show them to be not. That is the nature of truth. It’s not always pleasant, but you can depend on truth.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  16. #104
    Over 1000 post club Guyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tardation
    Posts
    1,239
    Thanks
    131
    Thanked 197 Times in 162 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    12382
    The Bible currently has sixty-six books, that’s 66.

    The Bible used to have 73 books. They took some books out to cut it down to 66. You know what it used to be? 73. That’s seven books more. I’m just saying.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

  17. #105
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,516
    Thanks
    367
    Thanked 422 Times in 310 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    117557
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    I don’t think that’s true.
    I do.
    Anyway, your point kinda misses the big picture, and that is a mistake was in the Bible.
    I refuted your 'proof' and you denied it. I didn't miss anything.
    I’ll give you another scientific fact that disproves what you said earlier about the Bible not being disproven to be false by scientific fact. The world doesn’t have corners.
    It's a figure of speech, although, if you would look at the flat earth thread, you just might be surprised.
    The Earth is shaped like all other known planets. It is spherical. Which totally makes sense considering the ridiculously high rate of speed we are currently traveling through space in.
    Scripture says that the earth is immobile. I'll stick with God's Word. It's true. Theories and imaginary motion of the earth have yet to be proven. Ptolemy was wrong.
    When you have a good reason to continue to believe what you do believe, then you can easily dismiss anything that logically disagrees with it. And that’s just what is, speaking in a general sense for all people. I know because I did it myself, long time.
    Your belief was pretend or you'd still be a believer.
    And why not just throw this in? You folks make long posts. There is no mountain on Earth tall enough to see all its kingdoms, and considering the fact that the earth is not flat, it would actually be physically impossible to see all kingdoms of the earth no matter how tall you made the mountain. Since the earth is not flat, you couldn’t see a large portion of it from your perspective.
    I presume you're talking about Satan taking Jesus up to where he could show Him the kingdoms of the earth. I believe it was in a vision, not in physical perspective. All the kingdoms of the earth didn't exist (perhaps still don't). Satan was attempting a coup upon Heaven. It didn't work. Jesus resisted a very real temptation.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

    Guyver (April 10th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 2 guests)

  1. 7djengo7,
  2. 6days

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us