Thread: My Religion

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Translation of Guyver's post: "I am that I am."
    Your posts remind me of a sermon I once heard about being so heavenly minded one is no earthly good. It seems you attempt to spiritualize everything and project your preconceived notions which are not even based on fact.

First you say I’m self-deceived, then I’m deceived by the devil or a demon, and now you’ve got me with a “god complex.”

I wish you would make up your mind because all of those things can’t be true. It should be a lesson for you to follow your master Jesus and judge not. Don’t you have enough to judge yourself on already?

But, if you are going to judge.....judge rightly. That’s why just being quiet is sometimes the best choice. That way, one doesn’t make such obvious mistakes so frequently.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,549 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    “When I do good I feel good, and when I do bad, I feel bad. And that is my religion.” Abraham Lincoln, 16th President of the United States of America 1809-1865. Known as the president who freed the slaves, Abraham Lincoln is known as one of our greatest leaders ever. But this thread is not about Abraham Lincoln, this thread is about my religion.

I am pleased to have the opportunity to discuss it, because it was the chief goal of my intellectual and spiritual efforts for so many years...that is the practice of “right religion.”

Yet, earlier on this forum I claimed that I have no religion. I should clarify that. To be more precise, I reject all of the worlds religions of which I am aware.

Like Abraham Lincoln, a take a more simple and straightforward approach to religion. In my practice, I seek and venerate truth. I hope to be able to discuss this, and offer my views of God and my religion in this thread.

So, the first principle of my religion is that truth supersedes belief.
    Have you ever thought that the Truth is much simple than what most religious people making out to be, including mainstream Christian world?

BTW, this is an excellent thread.

thank you.
    Last edited by meshak; Today at 11:05 AM.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    Have you ever thought that the Truth is much simple than what most religious people making out to be, including mainstream Christian world?
    Yes, I agree. I think many times the simplest truths are the most profound. Like E= MC ^2 or, Jesus wept. Or, my favorite bible verse, God is love.

BTW, this is an excellent thread.

thank you.
    Thank you.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I agree. I think many times the simplest truths are the most profound. Like E= MC ^2 or, Jesus wept. Or, my favorite bible verse, God is love.

Thank you.
    I am talking about Jesus' teachings. don't you agree that His teachings are easy and simple to understand?

They are not easy to practice for most of us because we love the world.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

So in orders to be blessed by His teachings is that we ought to strive to get rid of worldly mentality and life styles.
    If you want to be true to God and Jesus, abandon any kind of violence at all cost. By advocating any kind of violence, you are misrepresenting Christianity.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am talking about Jesus' teachings. don't you agree that His teachings are easy and simple to understand?
    No, not always. What do you think Jesus meant when he spoke of eating his flesh?

They are not easy to practice for most of us because we love the world.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

So in orders to be blessed by His teachings is that we ought to strive to get rid of worldly mentality and life styles.
    Everyone is of the world. This is where we were born, itís where we live, and itís where all of us are going to die. Rather than making doctrines that divide people, I think itís high time people learned how to respect one another and their right to believe as they see fit.

As long as they are not harming others. If they are harming other people, animals, or the planet, then they are wrong. IMO.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, not always. What do you think Jesus meant when he spoke of eating his flesh?
    It is symbolism for making commitment to Him.

Everyone is of the world. This is where we were born, it’s where we live, and it’s where all of us are going to die. Rather than making doctrines that divide people, I think it’s high time people learned how to respect one another and their right to believe as they see fit.

Jesus teachings are for His followers who wants to inherit His kingdom. If we don't abandon this life, we will not be born again.

As long as they are not harming others. If they are harming other people, animals, or the planet, then they are wrong. IMO.
    Jesus standard is not the same as the world. It is super high.

His followers are working for God's kingdom.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is symbolism for making commitment to Him.
    Terrible symbolism. Did you know that eating people is a real thing? Yeah. It is. Hundreds of years ago, sailors traveled the world by ship. The history of it is quite amazing, should you care to do some research. Anyway, they were terrified to be shipwrecked near New Guinea because the native there would eat them.

Additionally, in extreme cases of life and death, people just like you and me have had to eat each other to stay alive. Ones first instinct may be to say that they would never do such a thing, yet, one doesnít know what one could do if they were starving. Have you ever been starving? A little study on what happens can show that some people can literally lose their minds from it.

Jesus teachings are for His followers who wants to inherit His kingdom. If we don't abandon this life, we will not be born again.
    That is a belief expressed by many religions over the years, and even some current ones in addition to Christianity.

Jesus standard is not the same as the world. It is super high.

His followers are working for God's kingdom.
    Please express these super high standards. Break it down and donít hold back. Teach me.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible symbolism. Did you know that eating people is a real thing? Yeah. It is. Hundreds of years ago, sailors traveled the world by ship. The history of it is quite amazing, should you care to do some research. Anyway, they were terrified to be shipwrecked near New Guinea because the native there would eat them.

Additionally, in extreme cases of life and death, people just like you and me have had to eat each other to stay alive. Ones first instinct may be to say that they would never do such a thing, yet, one doesn’t know what one could do if they were starving. Have you ever been starving? A little study on what happens can show that some people can literally lose their minds from it.

That is a belief expressed by many religions over the years, and even some current ones in addition to Christianity.

Please express these super high standards. Break it down and don’t hold back. Teach me.
    Jesus says to love your enemy. This is the core of Jesus' teaching.

Thread Information