User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 88

Thread: MATTHEW 28 IS IT OUR COMMISSION?

  1. #31
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    250
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 164 Times in 94 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    49744
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    Hello.
    RD corrected me there. Matthew 28:19 KJV is their great commission, and so it is also their great commissioning, and thus the moment they became the Apostles in the sense in which they were the supreme pastors of the whole entire Church /Body of Christ.
    I know, right?
    Hi

    Ok But one thing... Christ is head over the body of Christ and Paul is the Apostle. The eleven/twelve Apostles are not in the body of Christ nor pastors or Apostles of it.

  2. #32
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,063
    Thanks
    13,445
    Thanked 21,019 Times in 11,802 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    Why do you ask facetious questions?
    There was nothing the slightest bit facetious in that question.

    The scripture does NOT say that they BECAME apostles in Matthew 28. So where did you get the idea? It's a simple and honest question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    Yes, when did He name them Apostles? That's what we're talking about, that's the question.
    As I showed you from scripture, it appears to be several years before Matthew 28. It says that the Lord Jesus Christ "called them and named them apostles" at the same time, on a day long before Matthew 28

    Luk 6:13 KJV And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;

    Again, I told you that an apostle is a messenger and the Lord Jesus Christ sent THESE SAME apostles out with a message in Matthew 10. Matthew even calls them apostles in that same passage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    So the 70 you would say are 'apostles' in the same sense as the 12 Apostles are 'apostles' then.
    No, I would not say that they are apostles in the same sense as the twelve apostles that will sit on twelve throne judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

    The Lord Jesus Christ clearly gave the TWELVE a special place among His apostles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    We know who some of them were. And we know that the actual Apostles were treated like gods, including Paul.
    Irrelevant to when they twelve BECAME apostles.

    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    If Matthew 28:19 KJV means "Go baptize Gentiles," then Dispensationalism is DOA and I think you know that.
    I never said that it means "Go baptize Gentiles". My opinion is that the Lord Jesus Christ was referring to His other sheep scattered among the nations.

    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    So you cannot hold to the view that it's unclear what the Lord meant here, it must mean something along the lines of, "Gentiles who bless Israel, not only baptize them, but also circumcise them into the Kingdom of David," right? There isn't a possibility in your mind that Matthew 28:19 KJV means "Go baptize Gentiles," right? It can't even be conceivable for you, correct? Dispensationalism would be DOA if Matthew 28:19 KJV means "Go Baptize Gentiles." It must mean, "Go to all nations where the House of Israel are, and baptize them," right? If Matthew 28:19 KJV means "Baptize Gentiles" then Dispensationalism is dead on its feet.
    All irrelevant to my reply to you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    I know that doesn't mean Dispensationalist pastors stop teaching Dispensationalism this Sunday, but it is definitely completely false if Matthew 28:19 KJV = "Baptize Gentiles."

    tyvm Doug E.
    Your quoting is quite confused.

    The primary point of all of this is that the commission given in Matthew 28 was given to THOSE apostles (eleven at the time, to be restored to twelve very shortly thereafter). To claim that this is somehow a "universal commission" given to "all believers" is anti-scriptural. As Steko has mentioned, there are FIVE accounts of this same "commission". They must all be considered together and each one cannot be taken as if it is independent of the rest.

    But that is pretty much the way that Churchianity "teaches" the Bible... in little isolated fragments with lots of "embellishment".
    Last edited by Right Divider; April 6th, 2019 at 03:39 PM. Reason: typos
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    glorydaz (April 6th, 2019)

  4. #33
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,383
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 366 Times in 268 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    115403
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    No, I'm not.

    You need to prove your case. The scripture says that Jesus gave that command to eleven people (to be restored to 12 later).


    Nope... your distractions change nothing. That command was not given to you. You just want so badly to be a part of it that you claim that it is.
    I don't believe that the twelve could preach to the entirety of humanity.

    And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

    We are appointed to preach. If you don't want to preach the gospel, that's not my fault or God's. You WERE commissioned. You know the Truth.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  5. #34
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,063
    Thanks
    13,445
    Thanked 21,019 Times in 11,802 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    I don't believe that the twelve could preach to the entirety of humanity.
    That is completely irrelevant. What you believe has no bearing on what the text clearly says.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
    Once again, this is irrelevant to the text which clearly states to whom Christ gave that commission.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    We are appointed to preach. If you don't want to preach the gospel, that's not my fault or God's. You WERE commissioned. You know the Truth.
    WE in Matthew 28 does not include you.

    I preach the gospel of the grace of God all the time. You should join us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    glorydaz (April 6th, 2019)

  7. #35
    Over 500 post club TrumpTrainCA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    531
    Thanks
    101
    Thanked 130 Times in 98 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5526
    Quote Originally Posted by DougE View Post
    MATTHEW 28 IS IT OUR COMMISSION
    No. It is for the apostles and their successors only.

    "All aboard the Trump Train. Next stop, Victory Station, 2020!"

  8. #36
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,063
    Thanks
    13,445
    Thanked 21,019 Times in 11,802 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpTrainCA View Post
    No. It is for the apostles and their successors only.
    Who were their successors? The scripture does not record any such succession.

    As a matter of fact, they replaced Judas quickly to make them twelve again. Twelve was important for them

    But later, when James was killed [murdered actually] (Acts 12), there is no mention of a replacement. If there was to be a constant succession, this is a glaring omission. "The twelve" are frequently mentioned with respect to their mission and commission. But after James was murdered, there is almost no mention of "the twelve" apart from references to history (like Paul in 1 Cor 15:5).
    Last edited by Right Divider; April 6th, 2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    glorydaz (April 6th, 2019),steko (April 6th, 2019)

  10. #37
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,383
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 366 Times in 268 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    115403
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    That is completely irrelevant.
    Of course it isn't. It is clear that we are to preach and when He spoke to the twelve: He was speaking to everyone of the household of faith. We are one.
    What you believe has no bearing on what the text clearly says.
    Same goes for you. I don't see that your interpretation keeps with clear Scriptural doctrine.
    WE in Matthew 28 does not include you.
    Why not? Those to whom He was speaking were believers. I'm a believer. Nowhere does Scripture say that we cannot have faith in what Christ spoke.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  11. #38
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,063
    Thanks
    13,445
    Thanked 21,019 Times in 11,802 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Of course it isn't. It is clear that we are to preach and when He spoke to the twelve: He was speaking to everyone of the household of faith.
    You can keep pushing your philosophy, but you do not listen to what the scripture plainly and clearly says.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    We are one.Same goes for you. I don't see that your interpretation keeps with clear Scriptural doctrine.
    More unfounded opinions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Why not? Those to whom He was speaking were believers.
    You continue to use fallacious reasoning. Just because those that He was speaking to were believers does NOT means that He is speaking to ALL believers.

    Noah was a believer... are you building an ark?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    I'm a believer. Nowhere does Scripture say that we cannot have faith in what Christ spoke.

    Fallacious reasoning again. How's that ark coming?
    Last edited by Right Divider; April 6th, 2019 at 05:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    glorydaz (April 6th, 2019),steko (April 6th, 2019)

  13. #39
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,383
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 366 Times in 268 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    115403
    Whatever. Believe what you want. I'll follow Scripture.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  14. #40
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,063
    Thanks
    13,445
    Thanked 21,019 Times in 11,802 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Whatever. Believe what you want. I'll follow Scripture.
    I believe the Bible. You say you do, but you don't.

    It's easy for us all to see, but you can't see your problem with fallacious logic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  15. #41
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,383
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 366 Times in 268 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    115403
    Nope. There's none to see. Your pretend belief doesn't persuade me, either. I have faith in Scripture, not your mis-interpretations of It.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

    csuguy (April 6th, 2019)

  17. #42
    Journeyman k0de's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Bronx NY
    Posts
    146
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 31 Times in 29 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2150
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    I believe the Bible. You say you do, but you don't.

    It's easy for us all to see, but you can't see your problem with fallacious logic.
    Fallacious logic?

    Go tell that to the thousands of churches and thousands of missionaries that go out and risk their life's to spread the Gospel.

    The mission to go and make disciples of all nations was given to all churches in every nation. The gospel continues to spread around the world, and as churches have multiplied and matured, they, too, have engaged in sending and supporting missionaries.

    You error and your logic is Fallacious.
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k0de For Your Post:

    Aimiel (April 6th, 2019),csuguy (April 6th, 2019)

  19. #43
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,063
    Thanks
    13,445
    Thanked 21,019 Times in 11,802 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    Fallacious logic?
    Yes, he has consistently used fallacious logic. Are you unable to see that?

    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    Go tell that to the thousands of churches and thousands of missionaries that go out and risk their life's to spread the Gospel.
    So you are going to join the fallacious reasoning crowd? What "lots of churches and missionaries" do is NOT relevant to what the scripture says. The commission given in Matthew 28 was given to eleven apostles (soon to be restored to twelve). These twelve apostles were told that they (and not anyone else) would sit on twelve throne judging the twelve tribes of Israel. Why does this give you such problems?

    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    The mission to go and make disciples of all nations was given to all churches in every nation.
    Provide some scriptural support. You're just giving unfounded opinions, just like so many that believe the myths of Churchianity.

    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    The gospel continues to spread around the world, and as churches have multiplied and matured, they, too, have engaged in sending and supporting missionaries.
    This is cute but irrelevant to what the scripture says.

    Quote Originally Posted by k0de View Post
    You error and your logic is Fallacious.
    No, that would be you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  20. #44
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,063
    Thanks
    13,445
    Thanked 21,019 Times in 11,802 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147701

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Nope. There's none to see. Your pretend belief doesn't persuade me, either. I have faith in Scripture, not your mis-interpretations of It.
    You have yet to provide even the tiniest bit of evidence that I'm "misinterpreting" scripture.

    You on the other hand have been sputtering fallacious opinions left and right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  21. #45
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,383
    Thanks
    286
    Thanked 366 Times in 268 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    115403
    I haven't see anything from you, other than derision and posturing. I respond in kind.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

    If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

    csuguy (April 6th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us