User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MATTHEW 28 IS IT OUR COMMISSION?

Thanks
    Thanked 21,680 Times in 12,250 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Yup.
    You are not one of the people that Christ gave that commission.

I feel bad for you and your confusion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    You are not one of the people that Christ gave that commission.

I feel bad for you and your confusion.
    Your opinion is of no consequence; He didn't give The Great Commission to un-believers.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Your opinion is of no consequence;
    That was not an opinion. It was a fact.

He didn't give The Great Commission to un-believers.
    False accusations are a sin.

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was not an opinion. It was a fact.
    No, you're mistaken.
    False accusations are a sin.
    Yup. I haven't made any. I said that Jesus didn't give The Great Commission to un-believers. If you take that as an accusation, you must BE an un-believer.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

No, you're mistaken.
    No, I'm not.

You need to prove your case. The scripture says that Jesus gave that command to eleven people (to be restored to 12 later).

Yup. I haven't made any. I said that Jesus didn't give The Great Commission to un-believers. If you take that as an accusation, you must BE an un-believer.
    Nope... your distractions change nothing. That command was not given to you. You just want so badly to be a part of it that you claim that it is.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

steko (April 5th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DougE View Post
    Matthew 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.

28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.

28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus was commanding the eleven disciples. Jesus commanded them to teach all the nations to obey his commandments. This was preparation for the coming Davidic kingdom on earth. Israel was to be a light to the Gentile nations in the kingdom.They were commanded to baptize in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Ghost, where as before it was in the name of Jesus only because the Holy Ghost was not fallen on them. Isaiah 42:6 Isaiah 2:2-3 Acts 2:38 Acts 8:16

Mark 16:14 Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.

16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

The eleven disciples, were once again, the only ones who were given this commandment. They were to go and preach the gospel of the kingdom. The gospel of the coming kingdom on earth, in which Christ will reign along with the disciples. They were not preaching Paul's gospel. Matthew 24:14

16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

The gospel of the kingdom required baptism. The salvation spoken of here is a physical salvation that would deliver Israel from the tribulation and the Antichrist. This salvation is Israel being saved to enter the kingdom on earth.

16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

These were signs that would only follow the disciples at the time the gospel of the kingdom was being preached. This gospel is not being preached today, nor does the church, the body of Christ have any basis to warrant any expectation that these signs have any application today.

16:19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.

16:20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

The signs that would follow belief were only to confirm the authenticity of the word spoken of the coming kingdom.

Luke 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

The nations are Gentiles. Starting first at Jerusalem, the gospel of the kingdom would be preached. It is to the Jew first. Acts 15:7 Romans 1:16

The nations were to be given the same gospel of the kingdom the Apostles preached to Israel. Mark 13:10 Luke 9:6

The nations, as did Israel, were to repent and believe on the name of Jesus for remission of sins. This is the same remission of sins that John and Peter preached. Mark 1:4 Acts 2:38 Acts 10:43

24:48 And ye are witnesses of these things.

John and the eleven remaining disciples were witnesses. The church, the body of Christ can not be witnesses. Paul only was witness. John 1:7 John 15:27 Acts 1:22 Acts 22:15

24:49 And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

The disciples were to remain in Jerusalem and wait for the Holy Ghost. This was fulfilled at Pentecost. Acts 2:1

John 20:21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.

20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

20:23 Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Jesus gave the authority to remit sins. The body of Christ has no such authority.

The commissions were given to the disciples only. They were to go unto the nations, the Gentiles. The body of Christ are to go to all men, to exhort that all be reconciled to God, through The Lord Jesus Christ. The body of Christ, the church, in this dispensation, are ambasadors of Christ to all. 2 Corinthians 5:20 Colossians 1:18
    So you're saying that the then future Apostles were commanded by the Lord in Matthew 28:19-20 KJV to go baptize Gentiles?
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    So you're saying that the then future Apostles were commanded by the Lord in Matthew 28:19-20 KJV to go baptize Gentiles?
    Jesus was talking to eleven apostles, soon to be restored to twelve.

What are "the then future Apostles"?

All you have to do is read the text without bias:

Mat 28:16-20 KJV Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. (17) And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. (18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

steko (April 5th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus was talking to eleven apostles, soon to be restored to twelve.

What are "the then future Apostles"?
    You're right, they were right then made Apostles.
    All you have to do is read the text without bias:

Mat 28:16-20 KJV Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them. (17) And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted. (18) And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. (19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: (20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
    So then Yes, the Apostles were commanded by the Lord in Matthew 28:19-20 KJV to go baptize Gentiles?

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

You're right, they were right then made Apostles.
    The scripture doesn't actually say that. Where did you get that idea?

Luke seems to disagree with you:

Luk 6:13 KJV And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;

Apostles are messengers and Jesus sent them out with a message long before Matthew 28, like Matthew 10

So then Yes, the Apostles were commanded by the Lord in Matthew 28:19-20 KJV to go baptize Gentiles?
    It doesn't distinctly say that either. The "all nations" has some ambiguity to it.

Regardless, this commission was given to the twelve apostles that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The idea that this commission is "universal" for "all believers" is a just a myth of Churchianity.
    Last edited by Right Divider; April 5th, 2019 at 10:54 AM.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

steko (April 5th, 2019)

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

That is what this verse says

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Old Timer
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello

What do you mean the future Apostles?

The eleven Apostles named in the "gospels" were commissioned to go to the Gentiles

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello
    Hello.
    What do you mean the future Apostles?
    RD corrected me there. Matthew 28:19 KJV is their great commission, and so it is also their great commissioning, and thus the moment they became the Apostles in the sense in which they were the supreme pastors of the whole entire Church /Body of Christ.
    The eleven Apostles named in the "gospels" were commissioned to go to the Gentiles
    I know, right?

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scripture doesn't actually say that. Where did you get that idea?
    Why do you ask facetious questions?
    Luke seems to disagree with you:

Luk 6:13 KJV And when it was day, he called unto him his disciples: and of them he chose twelve, whom also he named apostles;
    Yes, when did He name them Apostles? That's what we're talking about, that's the question.
    Apostles are messengers and Jesus sent them out with a message long before Matthew 28, like Matthew 10
    So the 70 you would say are 'apostles' in the same sense as the 12 Apostles are 'apostles' then. We know who some of them were. And we know that the actual Apostles were treated like gods, including Paul.
    It doesn't distinctly say that either. The "all nations" has some ambiguity to it.

Regardless, this commission was given to the twelve apostles that will sit on twelve thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

The idea that this commission is "universal" for "all believers" is a just a myth of Churchianity.
    If Matthew 28:19 KJV means "Go baptize Gentiles," then Dispensationalism is DOA and I think you know that. So you cannot hold to the view that it's unclear what the Lord meant here, it must mean something along the lines of, "Gentiles who bless Israel, not only baptize them, but also circumcise them into the Kingdom of David," right? There isn't a possibility in your mind that Matthew 28:19 KJV means "Go baptize Gentiles," right? It can't even be conceivable for you, correct? Dispensationalism would be DOA if Matthew 28:19 KJV means "Go Baptize Gentiles." It must mean, "Go to all nations where the House of Israel are, and baptize them," right? If Matthew 28:19 KJV means "Baptize Gentiles" then Dispensationalism is dead on its feet.

I know that doesn't mean Dispensationalist pastors stop teaching Dispensationalism this Sunday, but it is definitely completely false if Matthew 28:19 KJV = "Baptize Gentiles."
    Hello

Hello

tyvm Doug E.

@Nee_Nihilo

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Idolater For Your Post:

csuguy (April 6th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The eleven disciples, were once again, the only ones who were given this commandment. They were to go and preach the gospel of the kingdom. The gospel of the coming kingdom on earth, in which Christ will reign along with the disciples. They were not preaching Paul's gospel.
    The commissions were given to the disciples only. They were to go unto the nations, the Gentiles. The body of Christ are to go to all men, to exhort that all be reconciled to God, through The Lord Jesus Christ. The body of Christ, the church, in this dispensation, are ambasadors of Christ to all.
    Incorrect.

Matthew 28:18-20 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

First problem with your analysis: it doesn't say make disciples of the nations, but ALL nations. ALL nations would include Israel & the Gentiles. But perhaps this is what you mean and I am misreading you?

Second problem with your analysis: the Great Commission is a command. While he is immediately speaking to the disciples, Jesus tells them to to teach the disciples of ALL nations to obey the his commands (which, in turn, fulfills the Law). Therefore they are to teach the disciples of ALL nations to obey the Great Commission as well.

Finally: the above conflicts with your Dispensationalism. Even if, for the sake of argument, we suppose the Great Commission is for the gentiles only, now you are saying that Jesus is telling the gentiles to obey the commandments. Not a problem for me - but a problem for you who rejects God's Law.
    If you have material wealth, but do not give to those in need, then the love of God is not in you. Whatever you have done for the least of these you have done for HIM. To give to the poor is to lend to the LORD.

Thread Information