Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: The Word of God?

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    The issue of an afterlife has jack diddley squat to do with how you live your life right now. I mean jeez. Honestly. This life? The next? What does it matter? You think the master craftsman of the universe would waste?

It’s amazing what people can believe.

There may be an afterlife or there may not. In THIS life, we can only think that there may be or not be, we can’t know which.

Forget the afterlife. If it exists it good. If not, judge rightly about what to believe right now.

I believe God exists and angels themselves have saved me more than once. FWIW.
    Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That’s right. The things you fine folks call angels have revealed themselves to me. That proves to me God exists.

Now, can I prove that? Nope.

I could bring my wife up in here to corroborate my stories, but the world would laugh at me, as they should. So, I don’t care. I express God as I know him. Take it or leave it. I don’t care which.

Truth is as we know it to be so choose wisely.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you believe the Bible, you must understand that it is not Ok for you to beat you slaves until they become blind. You may beat them as much as you like as long as you don’t cause permanent damage, search it. Then come back here and say something.

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,771 Times in 8,422 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver View Post
    Thatís right. The things you fine folks call angels have revealed themselves to me. That proves to me God exists.

Now, can I prove that? Nope.

I could bring my wife up in here to corroborate my stories, but the world would laugh at me, as they should. So, I donít care. I express God as I know him. Take it or leave it. I donít care which.

Truth is as we know it to be so choose wisely.
    www.kgov.com/pot
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

csuguy (Today),JudgeRightly (Yesterday)

Over 3000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 788 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The issue of an afterlife has jack diddley squat to do with how you live your life right now. I mean jeez. Honestly. This life? The next? What does it matter? You think the master craftsman of the universe would waste?

It’s amazing what people can believe.

There may be an afterlife or there may not. In THIS life, we can only think that there may be or not be, we can’t know which.

Forget the afterlife. If it exists it good. If not, judge rightly about what to believe right now.

I believe God exists and angels themselves have saved me more than once. FWIW.
    As to the future
    state, the teachings of our tribe were not
    specific, that is, we had no definite idea of
    our relations and surroundings in after life.
    We believed that there is a life after this
    one, but no one ever told me as to what part
    of man lived after death. I have seen many
    men die; I have seen many human bodies
    decayed, but I have never seen that part
    which is called the spirit; I do not know
    what it is; nor have I yet been able to un-
    derstand that part of the Christian religion.
    We held that the discharge of one's duty
    would make his future life more pleasant,
    but whether that future life was worse than
    this life or better, we did not know, and no
    one was able to tell us. We hoped that in
    the future life family and tribal relations
    would be resumed. In a way we believed
    this, but we did not know it.

GERONIMO

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other words, what you're saying is that it's possible to love your enemies while killing them if it is in the prevention of a crime or in self-defense?
    How am I loving my neighbor if I just sit on my hands while a murderer tries to murder them?
    OK....but Jesus himself said this...."But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also."
    How does 'turn the other cheek' mean to "permit a murderer to attempt to murder your neighbor, without trying to stop them?"
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When you believe the Bible, you must understand that it is not Ok for you to beat you slaves until they become blind. You may beat them as much as you like as long as you donít cause permanent damage, search it. Then come back here and say something.
    Christ's Resurrection is the lens through which to understand all of this, Guyver. That's what I've told you from the start. If you don't believe in His Resurrection as nonfiction historical fact, then you're not going to really understand the Christian faith, because believing in the Resurrection Is the Christian faith.

You've every right to not believe that Jesus of Nazareth is risen from the dead, and you've every right to criticize and impugn the belief as well. And we have the right to our view, and to defend it. And to try to convince you to believe it too, but you still possess the right to reject it, and we will defend your right to not believe, if we are good Christians.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

@Nee_Nihilo

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    Christ's Resurrection is the lens through which to understand all of this, Guyver. That's what I've told you from the start. If you don't believe in His Resurrection as nonfiction historical fact, then you're not going to really understand the Christian faith, because believing in the Resurrection Is the Christian faith.

You've every right to not believe that Jesus of Nazareth is risen from the dead, and you've every right to criticize and impugn the belief as well. And we have the right to our view, and to defend it. And to try to convince you to believe it too, but you still possess the right to reject it, and we will defend your right to not believe, if we are good Christians.
    "Does our law condemn a man without first hearing him to find out what he has been doing?" (John 7:51)

Guys the OP clearly stated at the beginning that he start this thread to share and to learn about what other people beliefs about the word of God. He never said that he will accepted what you believe for himself. But to debate on the word of God.

I think even if his understanding is different we should listen to it. But you don't have to believe it if you don't want to.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings. I have recently returned to this site after a long time. As I have been reading your posts, I hear people often referring to the Bible as the Word of God. Iíd like to ask you to help me understand what you mean by that.

Does that mean you believe God wrote the Bible? If I read the Bible, am I reading the words that God himself has spoken?

Or is it just a religious platitude that people use because they some satisfaction in believing it or discussing it with other religious people?

I should say that I am very interested in hearing the words of God. I want to know what God says, because that will allow me to understand what God thinks. Will you please post some words of God that I can read so that I can know what God has said? Thank you in advance.
    OP is INTERESTED IN HEARING THE WORDS OF GOD.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all, thank you for answering the question in the manner you did. Good for you for not following what many people offer as the norm on this site, with their disgusting and misguided insults. That speaks to their fail and hypocrisy.

Anyway, no...I do not accept your explanation at all and find it the stuff of religious delusion. But I respect that you treated the question with respect, and answered to the best of your ability. I also appreciate that you asked me for my opinion, and thoughts on the matter, because that shows wisdom and understanding.
    Huh... First you thank me. Then you insult me. Saying that I'm religious delutional. Take no to my answer. And then you thank me again. That doesn't make any sense.

Anyhow. Before we move any further. You didn't explain why you don't accept my explanation. And no I'm not accepting your answer because of religious delution. Please explain more in detail....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to k0de For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (Today)

Thread Information