Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Jehovah's Witnesses" Think Jesus Is No Longer Human

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Jehovah's Witnesses" Think Jesus Is No Longer Human

The Watchtower Society's website has an article entitled Is Jesus the Archangel Michael? They answer that question:

Put simply, the answer is yes.

Then, they say:

The Bible contains five references to the mighty spirit creature Michael.

They say that Michael the Archangel is a "mighty spirit creature". Since they say that Jesus is Michael, they are saying that Jesus is a "mighty spirit creature".

They also say:

So Michael the archangel is Jesus in his prehuman existence. After his resurrection and return to heaven, Jesus resumed his service as Michael, the chief angel, “to the glory of God the Father.”​—Philippians 2:11.

Here, they say that Michael "is Jesus in his prehuman existence", and then they say that, at some point, Jesus "resumed his service as Michael". That is, that Jesus "resumed" "his prehuman existence". So, according to "Jehovah's Witnesses", Jesus was once a "mighty spirit creature", then became a human, and, later, left off being a human, and resumed being a "mighty spirit creature".

By claiming that Jesus ceased being a man when He went back to heaven, "Jehovah's Witnesses" deny what Paul says in 1 Timothy 2:5:

For there IS...one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus

The "Jehovah's Witnesses" are believing in, and preaching, another Jesus than the Jesus Whom Paul has preached, and in Whom ALL Christians believe.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 7djengo7 For Your Post:

Apple7 (March 12th, 2019),glorydaz (March 12th, 2019),steko (March 12th, 2019)

BANNED
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus was a man: statement of FACT
    Jesus was the Son of God: statement of FAITH
    Most Christians believe that Jesus is the Son of God: statement of FACT.

The "Jehovah's Witnesses" are believing in, and preaching, another Jesus than the Jesus Whom Paul has preached, and in Whom ALL Christians believe.

This is why most Christians are afraid of lettng Jesus speak for himself.

“Why do you call me good? Only God is good!”
    “The Father makes his sun to shine on the evil and the good and sends the rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous alike.”
    “Love your enemies.”
    “Do not judge.”
    “Give to everyone who begs from you.”

Some Christians will twist the Bible’s words into pretzels to avoid facing what exactly is IN the text.

They continue to erroneously think that the entire faith will come crashing down if there are any discrepancies in the Bible.

Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?

Thanks
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    The Watchtower Society's website has an article entitled Is Jesus the Archangel Michael? They answer that question:

Put simply, the answer is yes.

Then, they say:

The Bible contains five references to the mighty spirit creature Michael.

They say that Michael the Archangel is a "mighty spirit creature". Since they say that Jesus is Michael, they are saying that Jesus is a "mighty spirit creature".

They also say:

So Michael the archangel is Jesus in his prehuman existence. After his resurrection and return to heaven, Jesus resumed his service as Michael, the chief angel, “to the glory of God the Father.”​—Philippians 2:11.

Here, they say that Michael "is Jesus in his prehuman existence", and then they say that, at some point, Jesus "resumed his service as Michael". That is, that Jesus "resumed" "his prehuman existence". So, according to "Jehovah's Witnesses", Jesus was once a "mighty spirit creature", then became a human, and, later, left off being a human, and resumed being a "mighty spirit creature".

By claiming that Jesus ceased being a man when He went back to heaven, "Jehovah's Witnesses" deny what Paul says in 1 Timothy 2:5:

For there IS...one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus

We have a few here preaching the same thing.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

7djengo7 (March 14th, 2019),lifeisgood (March 27th, 2019),steko (March 26th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aikido7 View Post
    Jesus was a man: statement of FACT
    Jesus was the Son of God: statement of FAITH
    Most Christians believe that Jesus is the Son of God: statement of FACT.

This is why most Christians are afraid of lettng Jesus speak for himself.

“Why do you call me good? Only God is good!”
    “The Father makes his sun to shine on the evil and the good and sends the rain to fall on the righteous and the unrighteous alike.”
    “Love your enemies.”
    “Do not judge.”
    “Give to everyone who begs from you.”

Some Christians will twist the Bible’s words into pretzels to avoid facing what exactly is IN the text.

They continue to erroneously think that the entire faith will come crashing down if there are any discrepancies in the Bible.

Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith?
    The only thing we're afraid of is that folks like you will remain blind and never see.

When Jesus said, "Only God is good", He was inviting them to confess Him as Lord and God....just as Thomas did.

Of course it went right over their heads, just as it has yours.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

7djengo7 (March 14th, 2019),JudgeRightly (March 26th, 2019),lifeisgood (March 27th, 2019),steko (March 12th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,757 Times in 2,751 Posts

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    The only thing we're afraid of is that folks like you will remain blind and never see.

When Jesus said, "Only God is good", He was inviting them to confess Him as Lord and God....just as Thomas did.

Of course it went right over their heads, just as it has yours.
    Well, of course they are wrong!

Hebrews 1:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    6 And [a]when He again brings the firstborn into [b]the world, He says,

“And let all the angels of God worship Him.”

What don't they understand about simple plain english. All means all!
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.

Jim Elliot

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bright Raven For Your Post:

7djengo7 (March 14th, 2019),Apple7 (March 15th, 2019),glorydaz (March 12th, 2019),JudgeRightly (March 26th, 2019),k0de (March 14th, 2019),lifeisgood (March 27th, 2019),steko (March 26th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bright Raven View Post
    Well, of course they are wrong!

Hebrews 1:6 New American Standard Bible (NASB)
    6 And [a]when He again brings the firstborn into [b]the world, He says,

“And let all the angels of God worship Him.”

What don't they understand about simple plain english. All means all!
    Yes the Son is superior than all the Angels? ~ Hebrews 1:5-14.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
    Abraham did not do such things.... (John 8:40)

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aikido7 View Post

No Christian thinks there are discrepancies in the Bible.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 7djengo7 For Your Post:

Apple7 (March 15th, 2019),glorydaz (March 14th, 2019),k0de (March 15th, 2019),steko (March 26th, 2019)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings 7djengo7,

By claiming that Jesus ceased being a man when He went back to heaven, "Jehovah's Witnesses" deny what Paul says in 1 Timothy 2:5: ]For there IS...one mediator between God and men, the MAN Christ Jesus

I suggest that part of their thinking is based on the wrong idea that the body of Jesus did not rise from the dead and they do not understand the following:
    Acts 2:25–36 (KJV): 25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: 26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: 27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. 28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. 29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
    The soul or body of Jesus was not to be left in the grave and his flesh would not be allowed to disintegrate into corruption but God raised Jesus from the dead. Also those who believe in the immortality of the soul and the Trinity do not understand the above passage, and this passage is an important foundation of the Apostolic Faith.

Kind regards
    Trevor

14. The Following User Says Thank You to TrevorL For Your Post:

k0de (March 15th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your grouping in darkness, Bibles are full of errors. Only the originals were perfect. Man has distorted them in the translations. There is no more perfect Bible, and that is a shame. Translators inserted their own ideas into their work. The RCC did a great job to hide YHWH's truth.
    Psalm 1[/COLOR] and Job 28:28

Rev 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

I love the God of my Lord Jesus Christ

Thanks
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 855 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pops View Post
    Joh 4:23 "But an hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for such people the Father seeks to be His worshipers.

Jesus changed the location of worshipping The Father, to Himself and The Holy Spirit, in John 4.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    Your grouping in darkness, Bibles are full of errors. Only the originals were perfect. Man has distorted them in the translations. There is no more perfect Bible, and that is a shame. Translators inserted their own ideas into their work. The RCC did a great job to hide YHWH's truth.
    Hogwash.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

Thanks
    Thanked 8,124 Times in 5,165 Posts

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a few discrepancies in the Bible, but none that alter the overarching story in any significant way.

It's simply due to human nature's tendency to error which allowed such discrepancies to creep in, through no fault of the transcribers' own.

Am I not a Christian simply because I know that there are such discrepancies?

Being a Christian isn't dependant on such, and you should be careful of making such claims.

Christians are far more forgiving than those who reject God's word, who might use that against you in defence of their own rejection of God, whereas Christians are generally willing to look the other way.

Thanks

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by keypurr View Post
    Your grouping in darkness, Bibles are full of errors. Only the originals were perfect. Man has distorted them in the translations.
    There is no doubt, as I said in my previous post, that there are discrepancies in minor facts throughout the Bible.

However, as I also said, the overarching story of the Bible is, for the most part, internally consistent with itself, in that the few errors that do exist don't alter it in any significant enough way.

There is no more perfect Bible, and that is a shame.
    Agreed, and yet it's because of the errors that we can see how brilliantly written a book by God can be, to withstand the test of time as well as it has without falling into meaninglessness.

Translators inserted their own ideas into their work. The RCC did a great job to hide YHWH's truth.
    This is simply your opinion. As it stands now, the Bible is too consistent with itself and too well written for any such error to have been inserted by someone with malicious intent, and for it to have gone unnoticed all this time.

I'm not saying it's not possible. Only that the likelihood of such is so close to zero, that trying to prove it would lead to conspiracy theories.

And conspiracy theories are a symptom of mental illness.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    There are a few discrepancies in the Bible, but none that alter the overarching story in any significant way.

It's simply due to human nature's tendency to error which allowed such discrepancies to creep in, through no fault of the transcribers' own.

Am I not a Christian simply because I know that there are such discrepancies?

Being a Christian isn't dependant on such, and you should be careful of making such claims.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "discrepancies" when you say "there are a few discrepancies in the Bible".

Are you saying that God, in one place, contradicts what He says in another place? Every contradiction necessarily involves a pair of propositions, one of which propositions is true, and the other of which is false. In order for God to, in one place, contradict what He says in another place, He must needs, in the one place, affirm truth, and, in the other place, affirm falsehood. I, for one, refuse to believe that God has ever affirmed, or ever will affirm, falsehood; thus, I cannot charge God with having contradicted one or more things that He has affirmed.

I'm not familiar with any sense of the term "discrepancy" that is not inseparably bound up with the idea of a contradiction, or a contrariety, between truth and falsehood.

As far as I'm concerned, no Christian (at least, insofar as he/she is a Christian), will ever charge God's Word, the Bible, with consisting of one or more discrepancies in the sense of God affirming falsehood against the truth which He affirms. Being a Christian in the doctrine of Bibliology is, indeed, dependent upon the denial that there are discrepancies in the Bible.

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Christians are far more forgiving than those who reject God's word, who might use that against you in defence of their own rejection of God, whereas Christians are generally willing to look the other way.
    They are, without exception, irrationalists who reject God and His word; they do not defend, because they cannot defend, their rejection of God and His word. It is impossible to defend falsehood and error. As a Christian, of course, it is not even my place to forgive those who reject God's word for their rejection of God's word; in their rejection of God and His word, they are not sinning against me, but, rather, they are sinning against God. Such forgiveness, then, would seem to be God's prerogative, rather than mine.

Thanks

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure what you mean by "discrepancies" when you say "there are a few discrepancies in the Bible".

Are you saying that God, in one place, contradicts what He says in another place? Every contradiction necessarily involves a pair of propositions, one of which propositions is true, and the other of which is false. In order for God to, in one place, contradict what He says in another place, He must needs, in the one place, affirm truth, and, in the other place, affirm falsehood. I, for one, refuse to believe that God has ever affirmed, or ever will affirm, falsehood; thus, I cannot charge God with having contradicted one or more things that He has affirmed.

I'm not familiar with any sense of the term "discrepancy" that is not inseparably bound up with the idea of a contradiction, or a contrariety, between truth and falsehood.

As far as I'm concerned, no Christian (at least, insofar as he/she is a Christian), will ever charge God's Word, the Bible, with consisting of one or more discrepancies in the sense of God affirming falsehood against the truth which He affirms. Being a Christian in the doctrine of Bibliology is, indeed, dependent upon the denial that there are discrepancies in the Bible.

They are, without exception, irrationalists who reject God and His word; they do not defend, because they cannot defend, their rejection of God and His word. It is impossible to defend falsehood and error. As a Christian, of course, it is not even my place to forgive those who reject God's word for their rejection of God's word; in their rejection of God and His word, they are not sinning against me, but, rather, they are sinning against God. Such forgiveness, then, would seem to be God's prerogative, rather than mine.
    No, nothing so major as God contradicting himself.

Simply minor discrepancies in records of numbers of items, people, etc., different spellings of the same names, stuff like that.

Thread Information