User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the gospel & what is it's end goal or purpose for our lives?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,033 Times in 2,932 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So God/Christ was manifested in the flesh to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

And thats what Christ accomplished in dying for their sins, which are the sins of His People, or His Church, or His Sheep, not everyone without exception. These are facts that attend the truth of 1 Cor 15:3 in proclaiming the Gospel to be believed unto conversion salvation.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    So God/Christ was manifested in the flesh to save His People from their sins Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.

And thats what Christ accomplished in dying for their sins, which are the sins of His People, or His Church, or His Sheep, not everyone without exception. These are facts that attend the truth of 1 Cor 15:3 in proclaiming the Gospel to be believed unto conversion salvation.
    Right. Universalists believe that GOD does all the saving for all people.
    You don't have to do anything. Everyone will be saved in the end. They no doubt twist this verse to their own advantage and ignore verses like 1 John 1:7 that says that we have to walk in the light (GOD's commands) so that the blood of Jesus cleanses us from all sin.

"But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin" (1 John 1:7).

Hebrews 5:9 confirms this truth, as well.

"And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him" (Hebrews 5:9).
    If you have never received the love that comes from accepting Jesus Christ as your personal Savior, check out this thread here: http://theologyonline.com/showthread.php?132508-What-is-the-gospel-amp-what-is-it-s-end-goal-or-purpose-for-our-lives

Thanks
    Thanked 8,732 Times in 5,728 Posts

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jason0047 View Post
    And yet, you are not explaining the other verses I have presented. So who is putting up a wall?
    I will answer the verse which you think is the best one which you think denies OSAS but you tell us why the Lord will take back the "gift" of eternal life from anyone.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,033 Times in 2,932 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's Christ dying that justified those He died for Rom 8:33 and Rom 4:25 ! There is no Gospel without this fact made known.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

Charles Spurgeon !

Thread Information