Real Science Friday: Frozen Mammoths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And if you used some moments of your life to listen how about you enlighten the rest of us if it has anything to do with what I posted.
:confused:

So, let me get this straight. You jump into a thread about a radio show armed with no insight into what was said, post an idea that has nothing to do with what was said and have no intention of putting any actual effort into the discussion .. and now it's my job to enlighten you?

I don't think so, sonny. :nono:

I disagree with Walt Brown on this one. Although it doesn't help the evolutionists much because it still means a flood occurred.

What do you disagree with?

Alate_One

So, let me get this straight. You jump into a thread about a radio show armed with no insight into what was said, post an idea that has nothing to do with what was said and have no intention of putting any actual effort into the discussion .. and now it's my job to enlighten you?
I read the summary from the show stating that:

Pastor Kevin Lea of Calvary Church, Port Orchard Washington, describes the roll of the Earth which explains why we find remains of millions of mammoths (and horses, rhinos, etc.) in the arctic circle where they could not live because while each animal requires more than a hundred pounds of vegetation per day, the arctic gets almost no sunlight through it's long winter, when its scant vegetation is then completely dormant.

Which anyone that does a minimal amount of research into the subject knows is an absolute falsehood, that Mammoths and the other creatures had plenty of adaptations for living in the arctic (hemoglobin being only the most recent one discovered) and the arctic today is not the same as it was during the ice age.

So if you have information that contradicts what Jefferson posted as the show's summary, and reflects ACCURATE science, please feel free to let us know, otherwise we are dealing with "wrong science", as usual.

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So if you have information that contradicts what Jefferson posted as the show's summary, and reflects ACCURATE science, please feel free to let us know, otherwise we are dealing with "wrong science", as usual.

Sure. There's a radio show that you could listen to..... :think:

Or if you're really interested in correcting the errors you could ring up and tell them what's what. :up:

Yorzhik

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And we know a flood occurred because of frozen mammoths exactly how?
Because the kind of weather that would encase a mammoth like that is consistent with a post global flood world.

Alate_One

Sure. There's a radio show that you could listen to..... :think:

Or if you're really interested in correcting the errors you could ring up and tell them what's what. :up:
I'm not interested in wasting my life listening to a show when the summary clearly indicates it promotes long ago debunked science. And I know most of the rest of the posters here are not going to bother either. So you could, save them the trouble. How many times have you had things explained to you because you refused to even read them? Its rather hypocritical of you to turn around and demand work from others when you won't do any yourself.

Again, anyone that does a 10 second search can find out how wrong it is. (This is in addition to the hemoglobin article I linked)

Alate_One

But finding frozen mammoths standing up is evidence of a global flood of water. OK, works for me.

It all makes sense . . .if you don't think about it too much. I've read enough creationist literature that I'm familiar with at least a couple of the "mechanisms", which don't make sense from scriptural or scientific perspective.

Flipper

Looks like a few of us are commenting without having listened to the show. :plain:

I always listen to RSF. Jefferson summarized some quotes from the show quite fairly, although I'm not going to claim they were verbatim (they might be, I wasn't reading the thread at the same time I listened to the show).

This was one of the sillier RSFs. Conversely, I quite enjoyed the conversation Bob recently had with the theistic evolutionist author, which I thought was an interesting discussion (even if it wasn't a RSF).

Flipper

But finding frozen mammoths standing up is evidence of a global flood of water. OK, works for me.

Don't forget finding shells on the tops of mountains!

And comets are important evidence because they're made of water or something.

Jukia

Don't forget finding shells on the tops of mountains!

And comets are important evidence because they're made of water or something.

Oh, yeah, the shells on mountain tops. Are they just lying around like shells on the beach?

Flipper

No, they're embedded in flood deposited rock.

Then the continents flew around the globe and made the mountains, or made them higher or something (details to be filled in later).

Jukia

No, they're embedded in flood deposited rock.

Then the continents flew around the globe and made the mountains, or made them higher or something (details to be filled in later).

OK, let me get part of this straight. There were these sea shells, with living animals inside (snails, clams, oysters, scallops etc), living in the pre flood H2O. Then the flood came, about 4000 +/- years ago, took those shells, covered them with sediment, then the sediment changed to rock and voila, they are embedded in flood deposited rock. Is that about right.?
Please dont confuse me flying continents and growing mountains yet.

Flipper

OK, let me get part of this straight. There were these sea shells, with living animals inside (snails, clams, oysters, scallops etc), living in the pre flood H2O. Then the flood came, about 4000 +/- years ago, took those shells, covered them with sediment, then the sediment changed to rock and voila, they are embedded in flood deposited rock. Is that about right.?
Please dont confuse me flying continents and growing mountains yet.

You should probably ask Yorzhik or Stripe, or one of those guys who is actually prepared to try and defend the ill-defined creationist model(s). Although yes, I think that's pretty much it.

After all "Wouldn’t we expect to find billions of dead plants and animals buried and fossilized in sand, mud, and lime that were deposited rapidly by water in rock layers all over the earth?"

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're easily convinced. :)

You should probably ask Yorzhik or Stripe, or one of those guys who is actually prepared to try and defend the ill-defined creationist model(s). Although yes, I think that's pretty much it.

Ill defined? I think you can do better than that!

After all "Wouldn’t we expect to find billions of dead plants and animals buried and fossilized in sand, mud, and lime that were deposited rapidly by water in rock layers all over the earth?"

Yes. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.