User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BAPTISM IN THE OT , BAPTISM IN THE GOSPELS AND BAPTISM TODAY ??

Thanks
    Thanked 8,677 Times in 5,685 Posts

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DAN P View Post
    Hi and you AVOIDED what Acts 19:1-6 really is saying and you call that EXEGESIS , are you KIDDING !!
    Get yourself a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "antecedent."

Then maybe you can understand what i said about those verses.

In the meantime, I say that the baptism spoken of by Paul in the following passage is water baptism:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other" (1 Cor.1:14-16).

You say that you KNOW that it wasn't water baptism but you refuse to tell us what kind of baptism it was.

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 772 Posts

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Get yourself a dictionary and look up the meaning of the word "antecedent."

Then maybe you can understand what i said about those verses.

In the meantime, I say that the baptism spoken of by Paul in the following passage is water baptism:

"I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius; Lest any should say that I had baptized in mine own name. And I baptized also the household of Stephanas: besides, I know not whether I baptized any other" (1 Cor.1:14-16).

You say that you KNOW that it wasn't water baptism but you refuse to tell us what kind of baptism it was.
    Hi , Jerry and I have told you what it means BUT first you are DISHONEST when you said I have answered what Acts 19:1-6 means !!

I have told you many times mto read Acts 18:8 where CRISPUS is BEING BAPTIZED , so after you read Acts 18:6-8 How was CRISPUS BAPTIZED ??

If you read verse 8 , Paul was not even in the same room as Paul was NEXT DOOR in Justus house and the CRISPUS in verse 7 was in the synagogue , THEY WERE NOT TOGETHER IN THE SAME ROOM !!

I could make a case for WATER or a DRY BAPTISM but the context no where demands WATER / HUDOR , and their is no formula , as baptizing in the name of the FATHER , SON OR HOLY SPIRIT or to BAPTIZE IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST oF to BAPTIZE IN THE NAME OF THE LORD !!

So tell us Jerry , how CRISPUS BAPTIZED ??

The HOLY SPIRIT BAPTIZED them just in Acts 10:44-45 !!

I expect no answer on Acts 19:1-6 as you have AVOIDED IT MANY TIMES !!

dan p

Thanks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi , Jerry and I have told you what it means BUT first you are DISHONEST when you said I have answered what Acts 19:1-6 means !!
    I said that you have not answered the kind of baptism Paul performed at 1 Corinthians 1:14-16, not at Acts 19:1-6:

Are you saying that Paul baptized these people with holy spirit or with the Holy Spirit?

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I said that you have not answered the kind of baptism Paul performed at 1 Corinthians 1:14-16, not at Acts 19:1-6:

Are you saying that Paul baptized these people with holy spirit or with the Holy Spirit?

Hi and DODGER JERRY , and Acts 10: As Peter is speaking these words , the HOLY SPIRIT FELL upon all the ONES hearing the WORD !!

This is what happened in Acts 18:8 , CRISPUS is the same CRISPUS of 1 Cor 1:14 !!

In the following chapter , 19:6 BAPTIZED HERE , by Laying his HANDS and the HOLY SPIRIT came upon them , SEE THAT JERRY ??

Tell me was that WATER BAPTISM ??

Or was it a DRY BAPTISM , Jerry ??

dan p
    Last edited by DAN P; March 14th, 2019 at 05:02 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to DAN P For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 14th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the following chapter , 19:6 BAPTIZED HERE , by Laying his HANDS and the HOLY SPIRIT came upon them , SEE THAT JERRY ??
    So you are saying that when Paul spoke of baptizing people that baptism was in reality the same thing as his laying his hands on them?

Thanks
    Thanked 39,893 Times in 19,915 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and DODGER JERRY , and Acts 10: As Peter is speaking these words , the HOLY SPIRIT FELL upon all the OPNES hearing the WORD !!

This is what happened in Acts 18:8 , CRISPUS is the same CRISPUS of 1 Cor 1:14 !!

Tell me was that WATER BAPTISM ??

Or was it a DRY BAPTISM , Jerry ??

dan p
    Aha....I finally see the point you're making, Dan.

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Aha....I finally see the point you're making, Dan.
    Hi and at least you were open , saw , and excepted , and if Paul is speaking or that he is in any verse , be careful !!

Just , do not learn to fast and catch up to me and then I will be out of a job !!

dan p

9. The Following User Says Thank You to DAN P For Your Post:

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you are saying that when Paul spoke of baptizing people that baptism was in reality the same thing as his laying his hands on them?
    Hi Jerry and read Acts 19:6 and you decide !!

The verse is clear to me , why not you ??

dan p

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Acts 19:6 the KJV has translated it " THE HOLY SPIRIT " BUT the Greek text does not have the Greek ARTICLE ( THE ) and should read Holy Spirit , which signifies the POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT a different BAPTISM , like written in Acts 1:5 !!

dan p

12. The Following User Says Thank You to DAN P For Your Post:

Thanks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Jerry and read Acts 19:6 and you decide !!

The verse is clear to me , why not you ??
    So you are saying that when Paul spoke of baptizing people that baptism was in reality the same thing as his laying his hands on them. Where in the Scriptures do we find the laying on of hands deascribed as being a "baptism"?

Over 6000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you are saying that when Paul spoke of baptizing people that baptism was in reality the same thing as his laying his hands on them. Where in the Scriptures do we find the laying on of hands deascribed as being a "baptism"?

Hi and HERE WE GO AGAIN ??

In Acts 19:4 says And Paul said , John indeed BAPTIZED ( WITH WATER ) and John was a BAPTISMA / BAPTIZER OF REPENTANCE ETC, ETC !

In verse 4 and having heard this and to JERRY , THEY WERE BAPTIZED in the name of Jesus . DID YOU SEE THE WORD BAPTIZED in the JESUS , did you see that Jerry !!

Then in verse 5 and having heard thsi , they were BAPTIZED ( SEE THE WORD BAPTIZED , HERE JERRY ) in the name of the LORD JESUS !!

Then in verse 6 Paul LAID HIS HANDS upon them , and HOLY SPIRIT came upon them , DO YOU SEE THAT JERRY ??and they spoke in Tongues and were Prophesying like at Pentecost , GOT IT JERRY !!

They spoken in Tongues , like at Pentecost !!

dan

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DAN P For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and at least you were open , saw , and excepted , and if Paul is speaking or that he is in any verse , be careful !!

Just , do not learn to fast and catch up to me and then I will be out of a job !!

dan p
    Good advice, Dan. I'll take it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi and HERE WE GO AGAIN ??

In Acts 19:4 says And Paul said , John indeed BAPTIZED ( WITH WATER ) and John was a BAPTISMA / BAPTIZER OF REPENTANCE ETC, ETC !

In verse 4 and having heard this and to JERRY , THEY WERE BAPTIZED in the name of Jesus . DID YOU SEE THE WORD BAPTIZED in the JESUS , did you see that Jerry !!

Then in verse 5 and having heard thsi , they were BAPTIZED ( SEE THE WORD BAPTIZED , HERE JERRY ) in the name of the LORD JESUS !!

Then in verse 6 Paul LAID HIS HANDS upon them , and HOLY SPIRIT came upon them , DO YOU SEE THAT JERRY ??and they spoke in Tongues and were Prophesying like at Pentecost , GOT IT JERRY !!

They spoken in Tongues , like at Pentecost !!

dan
    Which is different than being baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ, right?

Thanks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, I got that Dan. But I do not think that Paul would call the act of laying on of hands a baptism.

Could you please give evidence from the Scriptures which would lead anyone to believe that the laying on of hands is described as a baptism?

Thanks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Which is different than being baptized by the Spirit into the body of Christ, right?
    In regard to the receiving of holy spirit which is spoken of at Acts 19:6 it is the Lord Jesus who is doing the baptizing. John the Baptist said the following about Him:

"And John testifies, saying that "I have gazed upon the spirit, descending as a dove out of heaven, and it remains on Him." And I was not aware of Him, but He Who sends me to be baptizing in water, That One said to me, 'On Whomever you may be perceiving the spirit descending and remaining on Him, This is He Who is baptizing in holy spirit" (Jn.1:32-33; CLV).

You are right that this baptism is not the one performed by the Holy Spirit of believers into the Body of Christ.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

Thread Information