Thread: Jesus is God vs. Jesus is YHVH

Thanks
    Thanked 1,220 Times in 825 Posts

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    They wrote it down, and read it. Some obeyed, most didn't. David LOVED The words of God .... and wrote a very long song about it (Psa 119).
    You missed it.

The Word of God...NOT the written words(plural) of God!

The OT prophets wrote about seeing, and talking with, THE WORD OF GOD.

Who is the Word of God in the NT?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Apple7 For Your Post:

7djengo7 (March 12th, 2019),Aimiel (March 11th, 2019),JudgeRightly (March 11th, 2019)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple7 View Post
    You missed it.

No, I didn't miss it. The word of God is NEVER a single word. The word is singular ... but the meaning is plural.
    Quote Originally Posted by A
    Nope, they didn't. They spoke with God ... the being that is the SOURCE of the words.

Quote Originally Posted by A
    Luke 3:2-3 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. 3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Luke 8:11-15 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. 14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. 15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Luke 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Acts 6:2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
    Last edited by Dartman; March 11th, 2019 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Would you say

Jesus is God

or

Jesus is YHVH?
    There is no separating the English GOD from the Hebrew YHWH.

The Sh'mah talks about YHVH : Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. One, `echad, is the word for UNITY as per Gen 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Therefore to say that the Christ is GOD, part of the Trinity, is to say that Christ is within the divine name, YHVH.
    I Champion GOD’s holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - All evil is creature-created.

I Champion Our Free will:
    - All spirits created in HIS image had an equal ability and opportunity to choose either heaven or hell by their free will.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ttruscott View Post
    There is no separating the English GOD from the Hebrew YHWH.

The Sh'mah talks about YHVH : Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. One, `echad, is the word for UNITY as per Gen 2:24 For this reason a man will leave his father and his mother and be united to his wife, and they will become one flesh. Therefore to say that the Christ is GOD, part of the Trinity, is to say that Christ is within the divine name, YHVH.
    What might that mean if you mean to maintain your statement?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How is it that people in the OT saw and interacted with The Word of God?
    For that matter, Who was that in the fiery furnace, with Shadrach, Mechack and Abeddnego?
    No Bueno.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

Apple7 (March 11th, 2019)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    For that matter, Who was that in the fiery furnace, with Shadrach, Mechack and Abeddnego?
    An angel. Which the Babylonian King thought looked like "a son of god".

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An angel. Which the Babylonian King thought looked like "a son of god".
    Sorry. The Son of God is different from an angel. Jesus is The ONLY Son of God.
    No Bueno.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

Apple7 (March 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I didn't miss it. The word of God is NEVER a single word. The word is singular ... but the meaning is plural.
    Singular, and yet plural?

Sounds like you just discovered The Trinity.

Nope, they didn't. They spoke with God ... the being that is the SOURCE of the words.
    Since Jesus is called The Word, then you just admitted that the OT prophets spoke with Jesus!

Not only that, but you unwittingly confessed that Jesus is God.

How else could Jesus have existed in the OT?

Think...McFly...

Luke 3:2-3 Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. 3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

Luke 8:11-15 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God. 12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved. 13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away. 14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection. 15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Luke 8:21 And he answered and said unto them, My mother and my brethren are these which hear the word of God, and do it.

Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

John 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Acts 4:31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.

Acts 6:2 Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables.
    All you did with your NT quotes(absolutely ZERO OT quotes, surprise!) is search the English term,'Word', and then run with it.

Little do you know (or care, apparently) that more than one Greek term is rendered 'Word' in your passages.

Regardless, you just proved my point.

One more for the road...

And having been clothed in a garment which had been dipped in blood. And His name is called The Word of God. Rev 19.13

According to you, God's WORDS are clothed in a garment, dipped in blood, and have a personal pronoun 'His' as a name!

Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Malek Yahweh, the Second Person of The Trinity.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You missed it.

In John 1:1 " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

and in Rev 1:8.."I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

Jesus Christ

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bladerunner For Your Post:

Apple7 (March 12th, 2019)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Singular, and yet plural?
    Of course.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings (logos plural): and the word (logos singular) which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Quote Originally Posted by A7
    Since Jesus is called The Word..
    He's not.

... then you just admitted that the OT prophets spoke with Jesus!
    You can claim anything .... if you don't care about truth.
    Your pretense is just wishful thinking.

How else could Jesus have existed in the OT?
    As a promise. That's why Abraham saw Christ's future "day".

All you did with your NT quotes(absolutely ZERO OT quotes, surprise!) is search the English term,'Word', and then run with it.
    Nope, I searched on the phrase "the word of God". And I sense you are a little embarrassed that I so easily proved that "the word of God" is ALWAYS talking about something spoken, or written.
    Yes, even And having been clothed in a garment which had been dipped in blood. And His name is called The Word of God. Rev 19.13
    This is a NAME Jesus WILL HAVE WHEN HE CONQUERS THE PLANET....

Specifically because he so PERFECTLY fulfilled his God's words.

Little do you know (or care, apparently) that more than one Greek term is rendered 'Word' in your passages.
    Are you just now figuring out that rhema and logos are interchangeable???

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words (reemata - plural), hath one that judgeth him: the word (logos singular) that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
    Regardless, you just proved my point.
    You can claim anything .... if you don't care about truth.
    Your pretense is just wishful thinking.

According to you, God's WORDS are clothed in a garment, dipped in blood, and have a personal pronoun 'His' as a name!
    Nope.

According to me a man, who is given the NAME "the word of God", is clothed in a bloody garment.
    The reason Jesus is called that name is, he fulfills his God's word perfectly.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
    In John 1:1 " In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

and in Rev 1:8.."I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

Jesus Christ
    Neither passage is discussing Christ.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,758 Times in 4,904 Posts

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither passage is discussing Christ.
    Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” - John 8:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...2&version=NKJV

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.He was in the beginning with God.All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. - John 1:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of lifethe life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us—that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.And these things we write to you that your joy may be full. - 1 John 1:1-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory. - 1 Timothy 3:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

They ARE discussing Christ, who is God with us.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

Bladerunner (March 12th, 2019)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” - John 8:12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...2&version=NKJV

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.He was in the beginning with God.All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. - John 1:1-5 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...5&version=NKJV

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of lifethe life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us—that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship is with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.And these things we write to you that your joy may be full. - 1 John 1:1-4 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...4&version=NKJV

And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifested in the flesh, Justified in the Spirit, Seen by angels, Preached among the Gentiles, Believed on in the world, Received up in glory. - 1 Timothy 3:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=NKJV

They ARE discussing Christ, who is God with us.
    LOL .... you quote a poor translation of 1 Tim 3:16, and you INSERT Jesus into a text about his God.

You are doing a wonderful job of showing just how desperately you wish for a text that actually STATED your theory.

I can save you a lot of searching .... there isn't any.

Jesus is "life", and Jesus is "light" ... because he obeyed his God perfectly, so his God GAVE him power over life, and his God shines THROUGH Jesus. The ULTIMATE source of life and light is Christ's God.

Thanks
    Thanked 7,758 Times in 4,904 Posts

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL .... you quote a poor translation of 1 Tim 3:16, and you INSERT Jesus into a text about his God.
    Considering that all I did was quote from the NKJV, you need to show where the translation is wrong, otherwise it's just poisoning the well.

I could post the Wescott-Hort, and it would say practically the same thing. Isn't the Wescott-Hort something you would recognize?

NKJV:

WH:
    και ομολογουμενως μεγα εστιν το της ευσεβειας μυστηριον ος εφανερωθη εν σαρκι εδικαιωθη εν πνευματι ωφθη αγγελοις εκηρυχθη εν εθνεσιν επιστευθη εν κοσμω ανελημφθη εν δοξη - ΠΡΟΣ ΤΙΜΟΘΕΟΝ Α΄ 3:16 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...6&version=WHNU

{Wescott-Hort} - first line
    {transliteration} - second line
    {EN translation} - third line

και ομολογουμενως μεγα εστιν το της
    kai homologoumenos mega estin to tes
    [and] [confessedly] [great] [is] [the] [-]

ευσεβειας μυστηριον ος εφανερωθη
    eusebeias musterion os ephanerothe
    [of godliness] [mystery] [(He) who] [was revealed]

εν σαρκι εδικαιωθη εν πνευματι
    en sarki edikaiothe en pneumati
    [in] [(the) flesh] [was justified] [in] [(the) Spirit]

ωφθη αγγελοις εκηρυχθη εν
    ophthe aggelois ekeruchthe en
    [was seen] [by angels] [was proclaimed] [among]

εθνεσιν επιστευθη εν κοσμω
    ethnesin episteuthe en kosmo
    [(the) nations] [was preached] [in] [(the) world]

ανελημφθη εν δοξη
    anelemphthe en doxe
    [was taken up] [in] [glory]

You are doing a wonderful job of showing just how desperately you wish for a text that actually STATED your theory.
    Address the verses I quoted, please, instead of throwing out ad hominems.

I'm providing you with verses that, when taken as a whole (by getting the big picture), show Christ to be God.

And all you're doing is squirming, trying to avoid addressing them.

I can save you a lot of searching .... there isn't any.

Jesus is "life", and Jesus is "light" ... because he obeyed his God perfectly, so his God GAVE him power over life, and his God shines THROUGH Jesus. The ULTIMATE source of life and light is Christ's God.
    This doesn't address the verses which I quoted above.

Thread Information