User Tag List

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 136

Thread: Jesus is God vs. Jesus is YHVH

  1. #76
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4802
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    On the contrary...

    If you have an overview of what the Bible says about Jesus, it unequivocally shows Him to be both man AND God.
    This is simply not true.... and you have offered ZERO evidence to support your claim.
    Quote Originally Posted by JR
    In the Old Testament, Whenever God uses men to speak for Him, they say, "Thus says the LORD," about 420 times.
    Sure.
    So that's about 4 times per year, from Moses (1500BC) ... to the minor prophets (400BC .. ish).
    But Jesus said that he was "SENT BY" his God, Jehovah/YHVH, the God of the Jews, about 39 times, which is more than 10 times per year of his ministry.
    he NEVER said "remember, I already told you 1,500 years ago".

    Jesus DID proclaim many times "it is written" in reference to those things that Jehovah had said.

    Quote Originally Posted by JR
    Jesus Himself, with all the red ink devoted to His words, never once used "Thus says the Lord." Instead, He says, "I say unto you," 135 times.
    Sure, Jesus most certainly DID speak his Gospel, and his commandments. Nobody is denying that Jesus was speaking!

    But JESUS HIMSELF makes it UNMISTAKABLY CLEAR.... Jesus is NOT the source of the "logos", the commandments, the gospel .... his GOD is!!

    John 12:49-50 For I have not spoken of myself; but the Father which sent me, he gave me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that his commandment is life everlasting: whatsoever I speak therefore, even as the Father said unto me, so I speak.


    John 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak
    not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.


    John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is
    not mine, but the Father's which sent me.


    Quote Originally Posted by JR
    [The rest of this post is directly from http://kgov.com/deity. I strongly recommend that you read through all of it, as long as it is. I will break it up so you don't have to scroll so much.]
    Nope. I have no intention of wasting time reading someone's opinion, that I have ZERO reason to respect, I will instead spend the time looking into God's logos, those writings are credible ... your source is WAY not.

  2. #77
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,272
    Thanks
    32,004
    Thanked 8,109 Times in 5,155 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    This is simply not true.... and you have offered ZERO evidence to support your claim.
    My entire post was me offering you evidence. But won't even consider it because you...

    ...have no intention of wasting time reading someone's opinion
    So why are you even on this forum where opinions are shared? Are you just here to troll? to proselytize, all without budging an inch off of your own position?

    We call those people trolls.

    that I have ZERO reason to respect,
    And why is that, I wonder? Is it because he doesn't hold the same views you do?

    Is it because he, unlike you, has spent the past 40 or so years studying God's word?

    Is it because he, unlike you, is the pastor of a church?

    Is it because he, unlike you, is a talk show host?

    Why not simply respect him because he is a human being, made in God's image.

    Go on, I dare you to read what he wrote. You might just find it illuminating.

    But you won't, because you're not interested in reading someone else's opinion.

    Don't respond to me again unless you can tell me honestly that you've read through kgov.com/deity, or even just through the portion I quoted.

  3. #78
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Spoiler
    My entire post was me offering you evidence. But won't even consider it because you...



    So why are you even on this forum where opinions are shared? Are you just here to troll? to proselytize, all without budging an inch off of your own position?

    We call those people trolls.



    And why is that, I wonder? Is it because he doesn't hold the same views you do?

    Is it because he, unlike you, has spent the past 40 or so years studying God's word?

    Is it because he, unlike you, is the pastor of a church?

    Is it because he, unlike you, is a talk show host?

    Why not simply respect him because he is a human being, made in God's image.


    Go on, I dare you to read what he wrote. You might just find it illuminating.

    But you won't, because you're not interested in reading someone else's opinion.

    Don't respond to me again unless you can tell me honestly that you've read through kgov.com/deity, or even just through the portion I quoted.
    Gotta bookmark that one.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 9th, 2019)

  5. #79
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4802
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    My entire post was me offering you evidence.
    I responded to your post, and provided my explanation where you are confused.

    I have no problem responding to YOUR points, but I am not interested in looking at linked information ...... ESPECIALLY lengthy ones!!

    Quote Originally Posted by JR
    So why are you even on this forum where opinions are shared?
    There are actually several reasons. I will list the ones I can think of, and not in any particular order;
    * To try and verify the TRUTH by engaging other perspectives.
    * To keep my knowledge of the Scriptures rehearsed, and as sharp as I can.
    * To help others to find the TRUTHS I have been taught.
    Quote Originally Posted by JR
    And why is that, I wonder? Is it because he doesn't hold the same views you do?
    I read your posts, regardless of the differences in doctrine. So, obviously that isn't the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by JR
    Is it because he, unlike you, has spent the past 40 or so years studying God's word?

    Is it because he, unlike you, is the pastor of a church?

    Is it because he, unlike you, is a talk show host?
    LOL ..... you are wrong about 2 out of three ..... but it's irrelevant. Truth isn't guaranteed based on how many years one has studied. Truth isn't limited to pastors .... and I as a pastor am no better than the lady doing the janitorial service for our congregation. You need o read more of the Scriptures! Your perspective is very worldly.

  6. #80
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    I responded to your post, and provided my explanation where you are confused.

    I have no problem responding to YOUR points, but I am not interested in looking at linked information ...... ESPECIALLY lengthy ones!!

    There are actually several reasons. I will list the ones I can think of, and not in any particular order;
    * To try and verify the TRUTH by engaging other perspectives.
    * To keep my knowledge of the Scriptures rehearsed, and as sharp as I can.
    * To help others to find the TRUTHS I have been taught.
    I read your posts, regardless of the differences in doctrine. So, obviously that isn't the issue.
    LOL ..... you are wrong about 2 out of three ..... but it's irrelevant. Truth isn't guaranteed based on how many years one has studied. Truth isn't limited to pastors .... and I as a pastor am no better than the lady doing the janitorial service for our congregation. You need o read more of the Scriptures! Your perspective is very worldly.
    You should know you're never to old to learn. Did you know that Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel? Do you have any idea why Paul was even necessary...what with the Twelve and all?

    I'm thinking you're a lot like I was before I learned what changed in Mid Acts. Things that are not the same are different. You just have to learn to recognize WHY things changed with Paul.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 10th, 2019),Tambora (March 9th, 2019)

  8. #81
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4802
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You should know you're never to old to learn.
    Agreed!

    Quote Originally Posted by G
    Did you know that Jesus was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel?
    Jesus WAS sent to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

    But Jesus was not ONLY sent to them.

    It is also true that Jesus interacted with some Gentiles even before his death..... he spent about two days with the Samaritans!

    Quote Originally Posted by G
    Do you have any idea why Paul was even necessary...what with the Twelve and all?
    Necessary?? For what??

    Do you think that God couldn't have accomplished His will without Paul??

    It is true, Paul was a marvelous apostle;

    Acts 9:15 ... he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:


    And, as Peter pointed out;
    2 Peter 3:15-16 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; 16 As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.


    Quote Originally Posted by G
    I'm thinking you're a lot like I was before I learned what changed in Mid Acts. Things that are not the same are different. You just have to learn to recognize WHY things changed with Paul.
    What do you think changed with Paul?

  9. #82
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,586
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125423
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    I say this because the three times KJV translates the Greek into "Godhead", are each a unique variation of the word "Theos"... indicating is is God's attributes we are discussing.
    The Scriptures are exquisitely clear, there is "ONLY one true God".... and that is Jesus' Father.

    On another note, it is not in the least remarkable that God is full of Godly attributes.
    It is UNIQUE when a MAN is full of Godly attributes.
    That is just not what the verse says?

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 10th, 2019)

  11. #83
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4802
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    That is just not what the verse says?
    The verse doesn't say Jesus IS God, it says Jesus is FULL of his God.
    And, so does the rest of Scripture.

  12. #84
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,586
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125423
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    The verse doesn't say Jesus IS God, it says Jesus is FULL of his God.
    And, so does the rest of Scripture.
    That is not what the words mean.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 10th, 2019)

  14. #85
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4802
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    That is not what the words mean.
    Of course it is.

    Every believer is supposed to be filled with God in bodily form also!

    Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.


  15. #86
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,586
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125423
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    Of course it is.

    Every believer is supposed to be filled with God in bodily form also!

    Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

    You are getting better with what you are saying.

  16. #87
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4802
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    You are getting better with what you are saying.
    I'm not sure what you mean, but it seems like you are beginning to agree with me?
    Is that true?

  17. #88
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    18,586
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 931 Times in 857 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    125423
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    I'm not sure what you mean, but it seems like you are beginning to agree with me?
    Is that true?
    I do not have a problem agreeing with you if you are correct, but that did not appear to be the case.

    Some say that Jesus is fully man and fully God. But that is also not what is being said here.

  18. #89
    Over 3000 post club Apple7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,490
    Thanks
    430
    Thanked 1,260 Times in 855 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    158698
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    Nope. I have no intention of wasting time reading someone's opinion, that I have ZERO reason to respect, I will instead spend the time looking into God's logos, those writings are credible ... your source is WAY not.
    How is it that people in the OT saw and interacted with The Word of God?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple7 For Your Post:

    Aimiel (March 11th, 2019)

  20. #90
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4802
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple7 View Post
    How is it that people in the OT saw and interacted with The Word of God?
    They wrote it down, and read it. Some obeyed, most didn't. David LOVED The words of God .... and wrote a very long song about it (Psa 119).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us