Thread: What is holding us back?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,124 Times in 5,165 Posts

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Lol...ok how about just the old testaments?
    Nope. It's all or nothing. You have to throw out the whole Bible, or none of it at all.

Because the ENTIRE BIBLE is one story, one narrative.

Or what, do you regularly throw out the first half of every novel you read, and completely ignore it?

This is your and yours reasoning...

So throw it all out...I get told all the time the OT is destroyed anyway...

Now it’s parts of the NT aren’t dispensed specifically to us...

As if any of us are Romans or Colossians or Galatians or Ephesians etc

Did you personally receive a letter from Paul?

How old are you?

This latest MADness is only another rebellion against Him His Word His way...which has been around a long long time...old indeed...how long you been in that rebellion?
    Once again, you have to do pretzals to try to make your beliefs work.

Whereas I simply accept the Bible as is, and let it speak for itself. I don't try to make it say anything, I don't force any meaning on the text.

I simply read it, and listen to what it says.

And here is what it says:

But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter(for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. - Galatians 2:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

You need to start from scratch. Go, read the Bible, understand which part is written to whom, and then you'll understand why I quoted that passage.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 7th, 2019),Right Divider (March 7th, 2019)

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Nope. It's all or nothing. You have to throw out the whole Bible, or none of it at all.

Because the ENTIRE BIBLE is one story, one narrative.

Or what, do you regularly throw out the first half of every novel you read, and completely ignore it?

Once again, you have to do pretzals to try to make your beliefs work.

Whereas I simply accept the Bible as is, and let it speak for itself. I don't try to make it say anything, I don't force any meaning on the text.

I simply read it, and listen to what it says.

And here is what it says:

But on the contrary, when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter(for He who worked effectively in Peter for the apostleship to the circumcised also worked effectively in me toward the Gentiles),and when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the circumcised. - Galatians 2:7-9 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

You need to start from scratch. Go, read the Bible, understand which part is written to whom, and then you'll understand why I quoted that passage.
    None of it is written to you...despite following much Roman tradition you are not Roman or from Ephesus or galatian or colossal...certainly not that ha

Thanks
    Thanked 8,124 Times in 5,165 Posts

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

None of it is written to you...
    I never claimed it was.

On the contrary, I DO claim that it was written FOR all.

despite following much Roman tradition you are not Roman or from Ephesus or galatian or colossal...certainly not that ha

Never claimed to be.

Thanks
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    I hardly think that the Body of Christ can get the job done that's set before us without His Spirit giving us the power needed to arise in faith and become what is described in Scripture...

Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: from whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love.

The measure of every part making increase of the body (of Christ) unto the edifying of itself in love; that, to me, seems impossible, especially seeing how divided the Body of Christ is worldwide, without the guidance and intercession of The Holy Ghost. We haven't yet come to be a 'perfect man' befitting the fullness of Christ, but I do believe that He is coming for a victorious church, so we must.
    On the contrary. We are perfectly equiped to "get the job done".

Each member, individually....preaching the Gospel of Salvation to the lost.

That is our mission during this age. That and no other.

2 Corinthians 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

The scripture you quote has NOTHING to do with our performing any kinds of signs and wonders. Instead it speaks of our edifying one another through the Scripture. The mature members of the body instructing the babes to rightly divide the word of God. To speak up when someone claims we are to do mighty deeds like the Apostles did.

The only problem is with those who refuse to be taught....those who refuse to grow in the knowledge of the truth.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 7th, 2019),Right Divider (March 7th, 2019),Tambora (March 9th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no surprise from one who has raptured herself from works and fruit...doing what is easiest...rejecting all burdens and yokes no matter how light or easy...”wasn’t dispensed to me”

take your ball and go home...
    No, I think I'll take that FALSE ACCUSATION to the Woodshed.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Tambora (March 9th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No thank you for another opportunity to show ....
    You've already showed us you're a long-winded fool who has no idea how to discuss the Bible.

Your attempt to mix Law and Grace puts you in the heretic chunk of humanity. And, speaking of walls, you have a horrible wedgie from trying to straddle the wall between law and grace. Pick a side, any side, but get off that darn wall.

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

YOU, clefty, are so weak in the faith, I can't help but feel some sympathy. Some, I say.

Romans 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 7th, 2019),Tambora (March 9th, 2019)

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    No, I think I'll take that FALSE ACCUSATION to the Woodshed.
    False? If it is false how come you are so triggered? If I called you a two headed hippo is that true? No...you shouldnt be flustered at all about that...

But instead you red card my reputation with an additional message of “you swine”...LOL poor girl...settle down...no need for the histrionics...especially if it false...LOL

Instead we do have on record that you dont accept most of the NT as dispensed to you...certainly none of the house rules...yup you raptured yourselves of not only the times of trouble but responsibility to do His House chores...His easy yokes light burden stuff...not for you you claim...

No need to be so MAD ok?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,194 Times in 4,964 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

False? If it is false how come you are so triggered? If I called you a two headed hippo is that true? No...you shouldnt be flustered at all about that...

But instead you red card my reputation with an additional message of “you swine”...LOL poor girl...settle down...no need for the histrionics...especially if it false...LOL

Instead we do have on record that you dont accept most of the NT as dispensed to you...certainly none of the house rules...yup you raptured yourselves of not only the times of trouble but responsibility to do His House chores...His easy yokes light burden stuff...not for you you claim...

No need to be so MAD ok?
    I do not think it matters, or you can be sure she is mad. How do you know her mood? Maybe she is having a little laugh about it.
    So, what?

believe it!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 7th, 2019),Tambora (March 9th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

False? If it is false how come you are so triggered?
    Lies have that effect on anyone who is falsely accused.

Did you rape your daughter today or do you save that for your Sabbath service?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've already showed us you're a long-winded fool who has no idea how to discuss the Bible.

Your attempt to mix Law and Grace puts you in the heretic chunk of humanity. And, speaking of walls, you have a horrible wedgie from trying to straddle the wall between law and grace. Pick a side, any side, but get off that darn wall.

Romans 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

YOU, clefty, are so weak in the faith, I can't help but feel some sympathy. Some, I say.

Romans 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.
    Mix Law and grace? Hardly...its only by Grace I am saved...is why I wish to do the works...same ones the church did since their time in the wilderness...neat eh? When it was saved by faith back then...and then wished to do works to reveal that gratitude for being saved...

That text in Romans 14:5 is about fasting...not Sabbath...stop adding to the word and removing from it...as if the Sabbath wasn’t dispensed to the strangers within their gates...obviously the Sabbath is not a doubtful disputation...

Remember it is FALSE WITNESS that claims Yahushua changed the customs delivered by Moses Acts 6:13-14

Why you follow false witness? Mixing the Word with man’s traditions? You Roman?

Well good then the epistle to the Romans is for you...establish the Law then...it is good Paul insists...

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lies have that effect on anyone who is falsely accused.

Did you rape your daughter today or do you save that for your Sabbath service?
    Oh my...

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    I do not think it matters, or you can be sure she is mad. How do you know her mood? Maybe she is having a little laugh about it.
    He has a problem with dispensationalism, and insists on poking the bear.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    M-id A-cts D-ipsensationalist silly...

Thanks
    Thanked 7,194 Times in 4,964 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mix Law and grace? Hardly...its only by Grace I am saved...is why I wish to do the works...same ones the church did since their time in the wilderness...neat eh? When it was saved by faith back then...and then wished to do works to reveal that gratitude for being saved...
    Here is where you might have a problem, you want to do to prove you are good.
    So, what?

believe it!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my...
    What? Triggered are you? Shocked?

Why be shocked or bothered if it's untrue?

See how that works?

You give a tat, and I give a rat-a-tat-tat back.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thread Information