User Tag List

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 248

Thread: What is holding us back?

  1. #46
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Are you from Ephesus?

    You are Galatian? Colossian?

    Are you Roman?

    Not one of these epistles was addressed to you Glorydaz...or your fan base...

    The entire NT was not to you...FOR you yes...



    That passage in Ephesians continues BTW

    Read verse 13...

    Verse 19 confirms we are citizens now...no longer foreigners...members of His household

    And yet you don’t wish to follow the house rules...that is rude...”oh those arent for me...I am raptured from those chores...no burden or yoke for me thanks...”

    You think the branch grafted in changes the trunk its roots?
    I can see this discussion is too much for you to handle, clefty.

    Our Lord never once said He was sent to the Romans.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 6th, 2019),Tambora (March 6th, 2019)

  3. #47
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Why did you avoid answering the question?
    Because he's an attention seeker. He has no knowledge of Scripture, and doesn't want any.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 6th, 2019),Tambora (March 6th, 2019)

  5. #48
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Not getting the answer you expect is NOT avoiding the question...

    Pharisees learned that...

    Why did you reject my answer?
    No one plans on following your rabbit trail on the world wide web. We are here to discuss Scripture, and you can either participate or leave.

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 6th, 2019),Tambora (March 6th, 2019)

  7. #49
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
    Colossians 1:27 was just kidding, everyone knows Jesus was a Jew outwardly like Romans 2:28-29 explains one is, good thing he wasn't an inward Jew or a democrat.

    Plus Christ in Jesus said some new age woo woo stuff like the kingdom of God Was in man, also scolded the wrong dividers of that day, Matt 23:13, for kingdom illiteracy along with temple amnesia, but they hadn't read Paul's writings so how would know? They didn't hear Christ in Jesus telling them where it had always been in the same location of the temple he rented a Samaritan demolition crew to destroy in three days, or was that actually spiritually discerned, well that's more woo woo to right dividers.
    Have you come to the forum to mock God? If not, try to speak like an adult.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (March 6th, 2019)

  9. #50
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Funny that he quoted a scripture passage with the word GODHEAD in it,
    Maybe he's reading Romans 1 again.

    @oatmeal Please ask the mods to remove the thread pests like Clefty so we can continue our discussion.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (March 6th, 2019)

  11. #51
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,034
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 397 Times in 332 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68225
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    We not only accept Jesus Christ, but He is our Lord and God. You are the one who rejects Him.



    Signs and wonders are for the Jews. They require them. 1 Corinthians 1:22 For the Jews require a sign...




    Our Lord Jesus Christ cast out devils and performed many signs and wonders, and so did the Apostles. There is a reason for that, Oats. The Jews required a sign. After God cast off Israel, those signs and wonders ceased.

    Are you an unbeliever because you don't see men being raised from the dead? Or because you don't see miracles? That's simply a sign of a man who lacks faith.
    Have you not read that there were signs and wonders done among the Gentiles?

    With in the context of Matthew 15:24 Jesus Christ delivered the Gentile woman's daughter because she believed.

    The house of Cornelius in Acts 10 spoke in tongues, one of the signs that Jesus spoke of in Mark 16:17

    Acts 15:12

    Are you so unlearned? Who misguided you so terribly? Who lied to you that you would think that there were no signs and wonders and miracles done among the Gentiles?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  12. #52
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,034
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 397 Times in 332 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68225
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    I'm illustrating the point that your entire premise is so wrong that it's a waste of both your time and mine to address anything you've asked.

    An Acts 2 fundamental Baptist would probably give you the good time you're looking for (they share at least some of your presuppositions) but I'm not one of them anymore.

    PS

    The reason you don't do any of the things I listed, I'm sure you'll agree, is because God didn't tell YOU to do any of them. He told other people to do them. Which is the whole point.
    You still refuse to answer my questions?

    Why?

    You cannot tell me who your way to the Father is? For if your premise is right Jesus Christ is the way to the Father for the Judeans only.

    Why not be humble and meek and learn instead of stubbornly refusing to see what the scriptures teach?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  13. #53
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Have you not read that there were signs and wonders done among the Gentiles?

    With in the context of Matthew 15:24 Jesus Christ delivered the Gentile woman's daughter because she believed.

    The house of Cornelius in Acts 10 spoke in tongues, one of the signs that Jesus spoke of in Mark 16:17

    Acts 15:12

    Are you so unlearned? Who misguided you so terribly? Who lied to you that you would think that there were no signs and wonders and miracles done among the Gentiles?
    They were done FOR the Jews, Oats. Just as they were done in Egypt....for the Jews. You need to think about these things, and not just jump to the first conclusion you reach.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 6th, 2019),Tambora (March 6th, 2019)

  15. #54
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,034
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 397 Times in 332 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68225
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    It's sad you don't acknowledge the Godhead as shown in Romans 1.

    But for you to ignore what scripture makes clear about our Lord Jesus Christ is truly your undoing.

    Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God...

    Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power....
    Why don't you read what Colossians actually says?

    What does it say?

    a. Jesus is the invisible God, (funny Jesus was seen of many many people, but God is invisible, there fore Jesus cannot be God)

    b. Jesus is the image of the invisible God


    If you cannot see the difference..

    Does Hebrews 1:3 say?

    a. Jesus is God

    b. Jesus is the brightness of God's glory


    Is the light from the flashlight the flashlight?

    Just so you don't get confused, the light from the flashlight is not the flashlight, thought the flashlight is the source of the light emitted by the flashlight

    Do you the righteousness of God because you are God? II Corinthians 5:21 or is God the source of your righteousness that God gave of himself to you?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  16. #55
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    You still refuse to answer my questions?

    Why?

    You cannot tell me who your way to the Father is? For if your premise is right Jesus Christ is the way to the Father for the Judeans only.

    Why not be humble and meek and learn instead of stubbornly refusing to see what the scriptures teach?
    There you go....assuming a premise that doesn't exist, and was not even suggested.

  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 6th, 2019),Right Divider (March 6th, 2019),Tambora (March 6th, 2019)

  18. #56
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,034
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 397 Times in 332 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68225
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Oatmeal, ECT is for mainline Christian users. You deny the divinity of Christ. Please do not post there.
    Christianity by consensus?

    Truth by consensus?

    Wow, I am so impressed that you determine by popular vote what truth is.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  19. #57
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,034
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 397 Times in 332 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68225
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    There you go....assuming a premise that doesn't exist, and was not even suggested.

    Well, this post by Musterion should clear up what premise he brought up

    "Okay, here it is point blank.

    JESUS WAS NOT SPEAKING TO OR ABOUT YOU. OR ME. OR ANYONE ELSE ALIVE TODAY.

    THE WORDS OF JOHN DO NOT APPLY TO YOU. THEY WERE FOR REPENTANT ISRAELITES.

    JOHN WAS NOT YOUR CHRIST-CHOSEN APOSTLE. PAUL WAS.

    CHRIST SPOKE AGAIN THROUGH PAUL, AND THROUGH PAUL SPEAKS TO YOU.

    PAUL IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD PREEMINENTLY HEED.

    Now having heard all that before, here comes the part where you reject every word of it, proving how pointless this is."


    Since Jesus, according to musterion was not talking to me in the gospels,( which is true, he was talking to the Judeans, ) does that mean the Jesus is not the way to the Father for Christianity? John 14:6

    If Jesus is not the way to the Father for musterion and maybe you? Who is the way to the Father for Christians? or are you suggesting that there is no way to the Father for Christians?

    It is by Jesus Christ, the faith of Jesus Christ, that we can have boldness in our access to God, Ephesians 3:12

    Romans 5:1-2 likewise affirm that is by Jesus Christ that we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, without Jesus Christ we have no access by faith.

    Romans 12:3 God has dealt to the believers the measure of faith which is come by Jesus Christ, Galatians 3:21-26

    We have been given that faith of Jesus Christ by God so that we can do the works of Christ as John 14:12 states.

    Are you suggesting that we cannot do the works of Christ?

    Than whose works do you aspire to do? By Paul as musterion seems to imply?

    How did Paul live and do works? Galatians 2:20

    Our access to God hinges on the works of Jesus Christ, if you do not believe that, oh, well.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  20. #58
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Why don't you read what Colossians actually says?

    What does it say?

    a. Jesus is the invisible God, (funny Jesus was seen of many many people, but God is invisible, there fore Jesus cannot be God)

    b. Jesus is the image of the invisible God


    If you cannot see the difference..
    Let's just take this in baby steps.

    In order for God to be seen by man, He became flesh.
    That is how Jesus Christ is the image of the invisible God.

    What would be your explanation of the text?
    How is it that you explain away it's meaning?

    How about this one? Pay close attention to the bolded portions.

    In the form of God John 1:1
    Took upon the form of a servant John 1:14

    Philippians 2:6-8
    6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 6th, 2019),Right Divider (March 6th, 2019),Tambora (March 6th, 2019)

  22. #59
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,134 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Well, this post by Musterion should clear up what premise he brought up

    Spoiler
    "Okay, here it is point blank.

    JESUS WAS NOT SPEAKING TO OR ABOUT YOU. OR ME. OR ANYONE ELSE ALIVE TODAY.

    THE WORDS OF JOHN DO NOT APPLY TO YOU. THEY WERE FOR REPENTANT ISRAELITES.

    JOHN WAS NOT YOUR CHRIST-CHOSEN APOSTLE. PAUL WAS.

    CHRIST SPOKE AGAIN THROUGH PAUL, AND THROUGH PAUL SPEAKS TO YOU.

    PAUL IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD PREEMINENTLY HEED.

    Now having heard all that before, here comes the part where you reject every word of it, proving how pointless this is."



    Since Jesus, according to musterion was not talking to me in the gospels,( which is true, he was talking to the Judeans, ) does that mean the Jesus is not the way to the Father for Christianity? John 14:6

    If Jesus is not the way to the Father for musterion and maybe you? Who is the way to the Father for Christians? or are you suggesting that there is no way to the Father for Christians?
    Jesus Christ, when He walked among us, was talking to the Jews, as you agree.

    But....things changed when the nation rejected their Lord and Saviour.

    We see the change for ourselves as we read Acts. Mid Acts to be precise.
    Jesus Christ is still the way, but the way, itself has changed.
    Now it's through faith in His blood. That's a big change, wouldn't you say?

    Acts 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

    God turned to the Gentiles. When He did that, the RISEN LORD gave Paul the words to speak to the Gentiles. This is why Musty pointed you to Paul.

    The way to God was no longer working righteousness and accepting Jesus Christ as Messiah, but through God's Grace apart from Israel. The twelve continued to preach to the CIRCUMCISION (Jews), and Paul preached his Gospel of Grace to the Gentiles.

    Things that differ, Oats.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Tambora (March 6th, 2019)

  24. #60
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,034
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 397 Times in 332 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68225
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    They were done FOR the Jews, Oats. Just as they were done in Egypt....for the Jews. You need to think about these things, and not just jump to the first conclusion you reach.
    So the signs and wonders and miracles done to the Gentiles did not benefit the Gentiles?

    What Gentile wouldn't appreciate being healed of blindness or palsy or leprosy?

    The healings and miracles done to the believing Gentiles, (Christians formerly Gentiles) benefited those Gentiles.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us