Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oatmeal View Post
    Ah, another excuse for not believing John 14:12

Did Jesus Christ say it or not?

Evidently, you don't believe what Jesus Christ said.

Too tough a question for you "Christian believers"?????

Shame on you
    Oats, are you a Jew? I didn't know that.

The Bible will never make sense to you until you can figure out what was written to the Jews...

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And what was written to the rest of us.

Eph. 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

TO THE JEW FIRST. Keep that in mind, and you'll have no reason to be ashamed.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 5th, 2019),musterion (March 5th, 2019),Right Divider (March 5th, 2019),Tambora (March 5th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 39,885 Times in 19,911 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    It's something that God will have to do, obviously, by His Spirit. It will be sudden and it will cause The Body of Christ to arise together, world-wide in a last-ditch effort to bring as many as possible with us into The Kingdom of Heaven. We'll unite under His Banner of Love for one another, as never before and it will be soon.
    We'll be raptured before we see more signs and wonders like were present during the time of the Apostles.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 5th, 2019),Right Divider (March 5th, 2019),Tambora (March 5th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherman View Post
    Oatmeal, ECT is for mainline Christian users. You deny the divinity of Christ. Please do not post there.
    So mainline Christians do not believe the words of Jesus Christ.

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    See, this is pointless. We may as well be speaking Swahili against Eskimo. Tried explaining it the other day, you didn't get it. Just tried again, you still don't get it.
    So you as a Christian do not believe what Jesus Christ said.

If he is God as you believe he is you are making excuses not to believe your God.

No wonder you fall for such nonsense as the trinity.

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    Okay, here it is point blank.

JESUS WAS NOT SPEAKING TO OR ABOUT YOU. OR ME. OR ANYONE ELSE ALIVE TODAY.

THE WORDS OF JOHN DO NOT APPLY TO YOU. THEY WERE FOR REPENTANT ISRAELITES.

JOHN WAS NOT YOUR CHRIST-CHOSEN APOSTLE. PAUL WAS.

CHRIST SPOKE AGAIN THROUGH PAUL, AND THROUGH PAUL SPEAKS TO YOU.

PAUL IS THE ONE YOU SHOULD PREEMINENTLY HEED.

Now having heard all that before, here comes the part where you reject every word of it, proving how pointless this is.
    John 14:12 states

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

I believe on him, therefore Jesus Christ is talking to me.

So John 3:16 does not apply to you? It applies to me.

So John 14:6 does not apply to you? It applies to me.

Since John 14:6 is not true for you, then who is your way to the Father? The pope? Buddha? Islam? Who is your way to the Father?

Are you suggesting that everything recorded in the gospels has nothing to do with you? You don't need to know anything in those books? Who then is your lord and savior? who then is the Christ if not Jesus the son of God?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Pro scripture = Protestant

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Oats, are you a Jew? I didn't know that.

The Bible will never make sense to you until you can figure out what was written to the Jews...

Matthew 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

And what was written to the rest of us.

Eph. 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

TO THE JEW FIRST. Keep that in mind, and you'll have no reason to be ashamed.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Romans 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:
    I am well aware of those verses, but that not not negate what Jesus said, we simply must see to what extent they apply to us.

Jesus is declared the Christ in the gospels, do you reject that he is the Christ, the son of God?

Do you reject that Jesus is the son of God because the gospels say so?

Do you reject that "it is finished" because Jesus said it in the gospels?

So I repeat the same to you.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

Why don't you believe on him?

Since John 14:6 is not true for you, then who is your way to the Father? The pope? Buddha? Islam? Who is your way to the Father?

Are you suggesting that everything recorded in the gospels has nothing to do with you? You don't need to know anything in those books? Who then is your lord and savior? who then is the Christ if not Jesus the son of God?

So you reject everything recorded in the gospels that Jesus Christ said as well?

Wow.

Do reject the OT as well?

What is left in your Bible?
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

"Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you Christ rejecters, musterion and glorydaz....

How is it that the apostles Paul and Peter and Philip did the same works as Jesus Christ but according to you John 14:12 does not apply to their lives and ministries?

Jesus Christ cast out devils, healed the sick spoke the truth, lived by God's word, so how dare the Christians do that as well?

Thanks
    Thanked 7,758 Times in 4,904 Posts

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

such nonsense as the trinity.
    Oatmeal, this is borderline blasphemy, if not outright.

Keep in mind that you are on a trinitarian run forum, and that we do believe the Bible to be perfect in it's original manuscripts.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 5th, 2019),musterion (March 5th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 7,758 Times in 4,904 Posts

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does Matthew 15:24 also apply to you?

Because it doesn't apply to me.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 5th, 2019),musterion (March 5th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Oatmeal, this is borderline blasphemy, if not outright.

Keep in mind that you are on a trinitarian run forum, and that we do believe the Bible to be perfect in it's original manuscripts.
    Actually, the trinity is at best wrongly dividing the word of truth, at worst, it is willful idolatry

Romans 1:20-23

For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

You have taken the image of God, (who is spirit, according the man Christ Jesus in John 4:24) and made him a man, not spirit.

You deny the lamb of God, to you, the lamb of God is God, what a jumble of nonsense and confusion

You might note the context, it is speaking of how men and women left heterosexuality and chose homosexuality instead of God's order of things

Romans 1 does not paint a pretty future for trinitarians

Thanks

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Does Matthew 15:24 also apply to you?

Because it doesn't apply to me.
    So evidently, neither does John 14:6

Who then is your way to the Father? Buddha? Mohammed?

Who?

Thanks
    Thanked 20,969 Times in 11,986 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Bad logic.

I do believe 100% all that He said is true.

I do not believe He was speaking to or about me, but to a specific group at a specific time.

If you can't see the difference there, nobody can help you.

If he is God as you believe he is you are making excuses not to believe your God.
    When is the last time you sold all that you own and gave the proceeds to the poor?

When is the last time you ate Levitically unclean food? Or wore clothes of mixed fabrics?

When is the last time you built an ark?

Trolling your own thread now?
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to musterion For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 5th, 2019)

✈The Flying Ban Hammer✈ Sherman's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,717 Times in 8,703 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

^
    l

This is why you are not allowed in the ECT. Thanks for making my point for me.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sherman For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 5th, 2019),JudgeRightly (March 5th, 2019),Right Divider (March 5th, 2019)

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So evidently, neither does John 14:6

Who then is your way to the Father? Buddha? Mohammed?

Who?
    Oh no it’s still through Him...

but He gives them a pass...they don’t actually have to do what He says or do what He did...

they raptured themselves from obligations His yoke His burden...in His house they don’t have to clean or do His house chores...they are squatters...

They divide the kingdom between those that do and those that don’t live His Way...it’s an apartheid state
    Last edited by clefty; March 5th, 2019 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 39,885 Times in 19,911 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am well aware of those verses, but that not not negate what Jesus said, we simply must see to what extent they apply to us.
    Are you a Jew? What our Lord said when He walked among us, He said to the Jews - except when he relented a couple of times to address the "dogs" who were not God's chosen people.

Jesus is declared the Christ in the gospels, do you reject that he is the Christ, the son of God?

Do you reject that Jesus is the son of God because the gospels say so?

Do you reject that "it is finished" because Jesus said it in the gospels?
    Things spoken directly to the Jews are different than things spoken about Jesus Christ. He came to speak to the Jews, but we learn from the Gospels that He is God come in the flesh. Why don't you believe that, Oats?

So I repeat the same to you.

Why don't you believe on him?

So you reject everything recorded in the gospels that Jesus Christ said as well?

Wow.

Do reject the OT as well?

What is left in your Bible?
    I have the entire Bible, and best of all, I read it. From the OT, I learned that God chose a special people as His own. They are the Jews. It wasn't until the Jews rejected their Messiah that God turned to the Gentiles (to make the Jews jealous, I might add). It's quite presumptuous of you to think that you are among those who God chose as His special people...above every other nation.

You have much to learn, grasshopper. Stick around and you may see that Truth that eludes you.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Right Divider (March 5th, 2019)

Thread Information