User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Religions. World Religions. Various Religions. The Truth.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Religions. World Religions. Various Religions. The Truth.

I do not know what the different Christian Religions are. But I can think of some World Religions.

There is Judaism, Christianity, Islam. These are also called the Abrahamic Religions. There is Sikhism, Hinduism, Jainism, Buddhism, Confucianism.

Is there one right or true religion?

I think of Judaism and Christianity. Judaism is mentioned in the Bible. Christians are also mentioned. If any religion is true it would be Christianity, though I am not Trinitarian (however I do believe that Jesus is God). Jesus is the only begotten Son of God; He is the unique Son of God. He is the Messiah (Mashiach) the Christ (God's Anointed). I am Jewish and Christian. Jesus, Yeshua, is my Lord and Savior.

Currently I am not obeying all of God's Commandments given to us, Israel, though I was born a Gentile and grew up a Christian. It is interesting to think about. Some of this is a lack of money. Also, we are in the new covenant now. God's law is written on minds and hearts.

One of the distinctive things about Christianity is worship of the one true God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth. The different ways that people live do exist, and if they are in line with what God wants of us then we are doing the right thing. This is why it is important to see out if there is one true religion, even as our action or activity, what we do, our deeds and works, our obedience, needs to be in line with What God wants and separate from the ways and pattern of the world meaning without false religion. True religion in the sight of our God and Father is to visit widows and orphans in their distress and to keep oneself unstained by the world. To be doing what God wants us to be doing. It is about the importance of people and living the way that God wants us to live. That is where sin comes in, which is disobedience, and transgression. We are not to live the way of the world that goes against God. We should live in obedience to God and to His Commandments.

What commandments should I be keeping, and am I of Israel having grown up a Gentile? Is this new covenant only for those who are of Israel?
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Is there one right or true religion?
    Yes, orthodox Christianity.

Having said that, all religions have some truth, to one extent or another.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TrumpTrainCA View Post
    Orthodox here as you use it likely means correct or true.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It is difficult to count something that is false as true.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Lord is the one who judges. We can see sawdust error in others but should use that ability to see our own planks. If you DO find a perfect church, don't join it: you'll ruin it. No one on this earth is perfect.
    No Bueno.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is difficult to count something that is false as true.
    Well, lets take Islam. The Koran talks about Abraham and Jesus and Mary, all real people, so there is SOME truth in there. While overall it is a false religion, it is fair to say that it has more truth than, say, Hinduism.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, lets take Islam. The Koran talks about Abraham and Jesus and Mary, all real people, so there is SOME truth in there. While overall it is a false religion, it is fair to say that it has more truth than, say, Hinduism.
    There is only one God, and He reveals His name to us in the Torah.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    The Lord is the one who judges. We can see sawdust error in others but should use that ability to see our own planks. If you DO find a perfect church, don't join it: you'll ruin it. No one on this earth is perfect.
    I would rather be an exclusivist than an inclusivist. At least I can think about what the truth is.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why? Monkeys are real. Elephants are real. Just kidding, their 2,000 or 3,000 false gods are pure fiction.
    No Bueno.

Rookie
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Jesus was a man who went out and taught sinners and ate with Publicans. He was actively trying to build the church and wanted people to join it. Jesus will judge us in the end, but if you do find truth cling to it. He wants us to build our houses on rock not sand. Yes, we are all imperfect. Jesus healed the sick. He made people with imperfect eyes able to see. Saying Jesus isn't powerful enough to stop us from ruining the church does not jive with me. He set an example. We try and live by that example. I could care less, which church someone joins as long as they follow his example. I, of course, believe my church is true and living and has the only priesthood authority. I think Jesus wants us to be more hopeful. Heavenly Father loves you. That's why he atoned for everyone's sins. He wants us to grow strong and if finding the true church is how you grow the Lord will push you and give grace for grace until you have gone from grace to grace as Jesus did. At least that is what I believe.

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would rather be an exclusivist than an inclusivist. At least I can think about what the truth is.
    Matthew 13:24-30 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”
    If you have material wealth, but do not give to those in need, then the love of God is not in you. Whatever you have done for the least of these you have done for HIM. To give to the poor is to lend to the LORD.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csuguy View Post
    Matthew 13:24-30 Jesus told them another parable: “The kingdom of heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. 25 But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away. 26 When the wheat sprouted and formed heads, then the weeds also appeared.

27 “The owner’s servants came to him and said, ‘Sir, didn’t you sow good seed in your field? Where then did the weeds come from?’

28 “‘An enemy did this,’ he replied.

“The servants asked him, ‘Do you want us to go and pull them up?’

29 “‘No,’ he answered, ‘because while you are pulling the weeds, you may uproot the wheat with them. 30 Let both grow together until the harvest. At that time I will tell the harvesters: First collect the weeds and tie them in bundles to be burned; then gather the wheat and bring it into my barn.’”
    Shalom csuguy. Can you state why you have posted what you have?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shalom csuguy. Can you state why you have posted what you have?
    Because you stated you would rather be exclusive rather than an inclusive - ie, you want to separate and exclude others based upon some evaluation of their beliefs. This isn't in the spirit of Christ, who welcomed everyone - and denounced the practice of getting rid of "bad" believers, the weeds. That isn't our role - and such thinking led to atrocities like the Inquisitions. Not that I think you are going that far by any means - but it's far better to be inclusive in so far as you yourself aren't compromising on what is good and right.
    If you have material wealth, but do not give to those in need, then the love of God is not in you. Whatever you have done for the least of these you have done for HIM. To give to the poor is to lend to the LORD.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having 'some truth' isn't the same as Truth. The first lie had SOME truth in it. SOME truth is designed to hide the real Truth.
    No Bueno.

Thanks

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by csuguy View Post
    Because you stated you would rather be exclusive rather than an inclusive - ie, you want to separate and exclude others based upon some evaluation of their beliefs. This isn't in the spirit of Christ, who welcomed everyone - and denounced the practice of getting rid of "bad" believers, the weeds. That isn't our role - and such thinking led to atrocities like the Inquisitions. Not that I think you are going that far by any means - but it's far better to be inclusive in so far as you yourself aren't compromising on what is good and right.
    I think that you have misunderstood. The exclusive exclusavist believes that he has the truth and doesn't care if others do not agree with him; he will maintain that he has the truth. The exclusavist believes that he has the truth. There may be a social aspect, but it is truth based. The truth, whether fact or statement of belief or opinion, divides... not the person. In other words, one can say that he has or believes that he has the truth and that he knows what it is. That a religion or Christianity or the religion of Christianity is true and or that no other belief or opinion is (true). In other words he believes that there is such a thing as truth and that he knows what it is.

Thread Information