Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    All transgender people are living a lie.
    That's right. They simply need to accept the gender of their bodies.

It's curious that psychiatry used to be about the "adjustment" of people's minds to outer realities.

Now it's supporting the opposite.

A transconversionist is easily recognisable by their denial of truth and their complete lack of understanding when confronted with truth.
    If by transconversionist you mean a false Christian, that's right.

For in order to be a true Christian, one must accept all of the truth of God's Word the Holy Bible.

As Jesus said:

John 8:31 . . . If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed . . .

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
    2 Timothy 4:1 ¶I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
    2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
    3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bibleverse2 View Post
    That's right. They simply need to accept the gender of their bodies.

It's curious that psychiatry used to be about the "adjustment" of people's minds to outer realities.

Now it's supporting the opposite.

If by transconversionist you mean a false Christian, that's right.

For in order to be a true Christian, one must accept all of the truth of God's Word the Holy Bible.

As Jesus said:

John 8:31 . . . If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed . . .

2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
    2 Timothy 4:1 ¶I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
    2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
    3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    It's not a command it's a statement of fact. Those that have been converted will find themselves trusting.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

"Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those that have been converted will find themselves trusting.
    Amen.

And not in themselves. For:

Proverbs 28:26 ¶He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

Luke 18:9 ¶And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others . . .

Instead, the converted trust in Jesus:

Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Nonetheless, Jesus Christ does not take away the free will of the converted, turning them into robots, or into macabre flesh puppets, mere marionettes whom He forces to dance across the stage as He pulls on their strings. Instead, He leaves them as His real children with free will. And so they have to choose each and every day to deny themselves, to take up their crosses, and to follow Jesus Christ to the end (Luke 9:23, Matthew 24:13). And there is no assurance that they will choose to do that (Matthew 25:26,30, Luke 12:45-46, Luke 8:13), because of free will.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amen.

And not in themselves. For:

Proverbs 28:26 ¶He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

Luke 18:9 ¶And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others . . .

Instead, the converted trust in Jesus:

Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Nonetheless, Jesus Christ does not take away the free will of the converted, turning them into robots, or into macabre flesh puppets, mere marionettes whom He forces to dance across the stage as He pulls on their strings. Instead, He leaves them as His real children with free will. And so they have to choose each and every day to deny themselves, to take up their crosses, and to follow Jesus Christ to the end (Luke 9:23, Matthew 24:13). And there is no assurance that they will choose to do that (Matthew 25:26,30, Luke 12:45-46, Luke 8:13), because of free will.
    No man has ever possessed free-will. Only the Almighty has free-will because only He has the power to bring His will into being.

"let there be Light and Light became" and so on.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

TOL Subscriber
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No man has ever possessed free-will. Only the Almighty has free-will because only He has the power to bring His will into being.

"let there be Light and Light became" and so on.
    As of April 2019 there are 7.7 billion souls on earth. If each and every one of those souls were making and bringing about free-will choices the ensuing confusion would be akin to madness.
    One Eternal and Almighty will determining each and every step of man ensures His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No man has ever possessed free-will.
    With regard to humans, what is meant by free will is that YHWH God of the Bible lets people choose what they are going to do (Joshua 24:15, Deuteronomy 30:19, Isaiah 1:19-20; 1 Chronicles 28:9; 1 Peter 5:2, Philemon 1:14, Genesis 24:8).

Only the Almighty has free-will because only He has the power to bring His will into being.
    With regard to humans, free will does not mean that we can choose to do anything at all. For example, someone who is 5-feet-2-inches tall cannot choose to become an NBA player, just as someone who was born in India cannot choose to become the U.S. President (due to restrictions in the U.S. Constitution that the President must be U.S.-born). So someone's biology and history can constrict his choices in life.

But his will is still free in the sense that no one can make him do anything that he does not want to do, or make him not do anything that he does want to do and is able to do based on his biology and history.

The point of free will is that God had no interest in making humans like robots who could do nothing but what He had programmed them to do, whether they liked it or not. Instead, God created real human children who have the ability to choose to do or not do the right thing, and the ability to choose to do or not do the wrong thing.

If people did not have this ability, then God could not logically reward people for choosing to do the right thing (Matthew 25:21), or punish them for choosing to do the wrong thing (2 Corinthians 5:10-11) or choosing not to do the right thing (Luke 12:47, Matthew 25:26-30).

Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some thoughts re: newspapers.

Newspapers are the best invention ever (after printing itself). For they compile huge amounts of information in a limited space. Unlike books, they cover a wide range of topics every day, and relate information relevant to today, what is going on right now, and so point toward what is coming in the future. Many non-fiction books repeat the same idea over and over, and may not be true information, but only hoped-for theories of what is true or will be true in the future. And fiction books are not informative, but fantasy.

Also, because newspapers are printed, unlike (non-DVR) TV and radio news, you can read newspapers at your leisure, anytime you want, and re-read parts that are especially fact-filled. (Non-DVR) TV and radio newscasts take you as their prisoner. You must watch or listen to them at a particular time, and you cannot skip parts that you are not interested in, and you cannot skip their endless commercials. Newspapers allow you to browse conveniently through them, and skip over any articles or ads that you may not be interested in.

Also, because newspapers are printed, they are extremely more efficient in relaying information than TV and radio news. For you can read much faster than newscasters talk. Also, newscasts are usually limited to a short period of time, and so cannot relay very much information compared to, say, the 40 large pages of a newspaper.

Newspapers are now dying, being replaced by the "Twitterfication" of the human mind. More information than ever is available online, but it is relatively rarely sought out, in exchange for titillating tidbits, which leave the mind bereft of any deep and lasting knowledge, but nonetheless entrain the mind, entertain it, entrap it in an endless stream of that which is ultimately meaningless.

Knowledge is power. As the People become more and more bereft of knowledge, they become more and more helpless before the increasing predations of ruthless corporations, unions, and governments.

May God help us.

Also, newspapers can be read in private, whereas anything you read (or watch or listen to) online or on cable (including on DVR) is tracked and can be used against you by corporations, bad actors (in the sense of criminals), and governments across the globe. They can bombard you with targeted ads, set you up as their mark, and surveil you. Also, if everything you read is read online, then they can know the exact extent of your knowledge, and so they can exploit key gaps in your knowledge, in ways which are not in your best interest.

So long live privacy, and long live being-informed: Long live newspapers! They are crucial for the maintenance of a true democracy, and for keeping tyrants at bay. The Founders knew this, and so in the very First Amendment they protected newspapers from government interference. Newspapers now need to be protected from economic and technological interference: they need to be publicly supported no less than public schools are publicly supported. For newspapers are the public's lifelong, daily schools for adults.

Also, just as NPR (radio news) and PBS (TV news) are publicly supported, so should newspapers be publicly supported. Our democracy depends on this. The Founders would want nothing less.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some thoughts re: Israel.

It seems strange that Israel would invite Chinese economic investment into Israel's strategic ports and technological companies. But perhaps Israel is thinking that this will not harm its position, in at least two ways.

First, Israel has enough nuclear weapons that it need not fear (in its mind) any all-out, overwhelming, conventional military invasion by its enemies, in their fear of Israeli nuclear counterstrikes.

Second, when it needs to in order to assure its national security, Israeli intelligence may be second-to-none in being able to secretly infiltrate foreign companies on its soil through humint, compromise their employees, hack their computer systems, and access their codes. So inviting Chinese companies to invest and set up operations in Israel only gives it a (potential, if needed) advantage in penetrating any Chinese intelligence activities employing agents on Israeli soil, and computers communicating back to China through Israeli-controlled internet links.

So Israel can actually gain a strategic advantage by inviting the Chinese into its web, like a spider inviting a bee into its lair.

But Israel will never do China any harm, so long as China does it no harm. So both China and Israel can benefit handsomely from Chinese economic investment in Israel, so long as China poses no spying, political, or military threat to Israel, or to its close allies on which it depends.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some thoughts re: college.

The whole point of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) is to indicate whether a student is able to handle college-level studies. So it would in no way help students with low SAT scores to get them into college, whether by bribes or by a "disadvantaged upbringing" score. For these students would most likely not be able to handle the college work, and so they would drop out, never graduating.

Also, if even more college loans are made available, or if college (which is already, needlessly, many times more expensive per year than K-12 schools) is made "free" by the government (actually, taxpayers) paying for it, then college tuition will rise, inflate, even further than it already has (because of loans), to match all of the new money available to pay for it.

So all we would be doing is raising college costs to even more astronomical levels, whether for individuals or the government, while reducing graduation rates (when there is no grade inflation, or dumbing-down of courses).

How sad.

Leftist policies are so misguided.

Journeyman
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some thoughts re: Russia and China.

Russia and China both now have strong leaders, who have decided to become allies. But these leaders have gotten rid of all their domestic political competitors, leaving no strong leaders to succeed them when they die (such as from natural causes). In this way, they have set up their countries for possible disaster in the future.

For example, imagine if the Russian leader dies and is replaced by a popularly-elected "peacenik" who renounces any use of Russia's nukes, even in self-defense. This could embolden China to begin making military moves across its northern border, into eastern Siberia. For China wants to get to the Arctic, and it doesn't want to be dependent upon foreign energy supplies forever. China could even claim that it is China's "Manifest Destiny" to extend its territory northward to the Arctic, just as in the nineteenth century the U.S. claimed that it was its "Manifest Destiny" to extend its territory westward to the Pacific. By taking eastern Siberia and the adjacent Arctic region, China would obtain huge oil and gas resources.

For a different example, imagine if the Chinese leader dies and is replaced by a weak technocrat, while Russia continues to have a strong leader. This could embolden Russia to increase its encirclement of China's northeastern neck by annexing the northeastern part of North Korea, a country which Russia already controls, after North Korea "goes rogue" with its nukes (built by Russian technicians). Russia could also threaten China's southeastern coast by fomenting tragic naval battles between the U.S. and China in the South China Sea, while Russia builds a huge naval base in the Borneo part of Malaysia, giving Russia a catbird seat on the melee, and a powerful base of operations from which to dominate the South China Sea after the U.S. and Chinese navies have destroyed each other there.

So Russia and China are not natural allies geopolitically. Their present alliance is based on their present leaders, who have no assurance that their successors will not be weaklings.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,084 Times in 2,071 Posts

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Some thoughts re: geopolitics.

Russia is now on the move, and the U.S. is doing nothing.

Russia is sending troops to Venezuela, and soon will be given permission to build a huge naval base there.

Also, Russia is spurring on the general-ruler of eastern Libya to take over western Libya. He will then give Russia permission to build a huge naval base there.

Also, look for Russia to move next upon Malaysia, buying key politicians there with huge bribes so that Russia will be given permission to build a huge naval base in the Borneo part of Malaysia.

Look on a world map.

Russia will then have established power bases in three strategic locations across the globe.
    Putin no doubt figures that the money spent attempting to rig the U.S. presidential election was money well spent. With a weak U.S. president, apparently on his side, he has nothing to stop him.

Reagan is turning in his grave.
    Yep.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thread Information