User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 66

Thread: Political Thoughts

  1. #16
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2868
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    All transgender people are living a lie.
    That's right. They simply need to accept the gender of their bodies.

    It's curious that psychiatry used to be about the "adjustment" of people's minds to outer realities.

    Now it's supporting the opposite.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    A transconversionist is easily recognisable by their denial of truth and their complete lack of understanding when confronted with truth.
    If by transconversionist you mean a false Christian, that's right.

    For in order to be a true Christian, one must accept all of the truth of God's Word the Holy Bible.

    As Jesus said:

    John 8:31 . . . If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed . . .

    2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
    2 Timothy 4:1 ¶I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
    2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
    3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

  2. #17
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 859 Times in 749 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183821
    Quote Originally Posted by bibleverse2 View Post
    That's right. They simply need to accept the gender of their bodies.

    It's curious that psychiatry used to be about the "adjustment" of people's minds to outer realities.

    Now it's supporting the opposite.



    If by transconversionist you mean a false Christian, that's right.

    For in order to be a true Christian, one must accept all of the truth of God's Word the Holy Bible.

    As Jesus said:

    John 8:31 . . . If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed . . .

    2 Timothy 3:15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
    16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
    2 Timothy 4:1 ¶I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
    2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
    3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
    4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
    It's not a command it's a statement of fact. Those that have been converted will find themselves trusting.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2868
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Those that have been converted will find themselves trusting.
    Amen.

    And not in themselves. For:

    Proverbs 28:26 ¶He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

    Luke 18:9 ¶And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others . . .

    Instead, the converted trust in Jesus:

    Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

    Nonetheless, Jesus Christ does not take away the free will of the converted, turning them into robots, or into macabre flesh puppets, mere marionettes whom He forces to dance across the stage as He pulls on their strings. Instead, He leaves them as His real children with free will. And so they have to choose each and every day to deny themselves, to take up their crosses, and to follow Jesus Christ to the end (Luke 9:23, Matthew 24:13). And there is no assurance that they will choose to do that (Matthew 25:26,30, Luke 12:45-46, Luke 8:13), because of free will.

  4. #19
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 859 Times in 749 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183821
    Quote Originally Posted by bibleverse2 View Post
    Amen.

    And not in themselves. For:

    Proverbs 28:26 ¶He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool: but whoso walketh wisely, he shall be delivered.

    Luke 18:9 ¶And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others . . .

    Instead, the converted trust in Jesus:

    Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

    Nonetheless, Jesus Christ does not take away the free will of the converted, turning them into robots, or into macabre flesh puppets, mere marionettes whom He forces to dance across the stage as He pulls on their strings. Instead, He leaves them as His real children with free will. And so they have to choose each and every day to deny themselves, to take up their crosses, and to follow Jesus Christ to the end (Luke 9:23, Matthew 24:13). And there is no assurance that they will choose to do that (Matthew 25:26,30, Luke 12:45-46, Luke 8:13), because of free will.
    No man has ever possessed free-will. Only the Almighty has free-will because only He has the power to bring His will into being.

    "let there be Light and Light became" and so on.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  5. #20
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Carmarthenshire
    Posts
    8,747
    Thanks
    176
    Thanked 859 Times in 749 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    183821
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    No man has ever possessed free-will. Only the Almighty has free-will because only He has the power to bring His will into being.

    "let there be Light and Light became" and so on.
    As of April 2019 there are 7.7 billion souls on earth. If each and every one of those souls were making and bringing about free-will choices the ensuing confusion would be akin to madness.
    One Eternal and Almighty will determining each and every step of man ensures His will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
    I know Him, correctly, as Messiah whom you call Christ. Yah Shua whom you call Jesus. Messianists who you call Christians.

    "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

    I refuse, point blank, to speak peace to the unregenerate, hypocrites, religious dogma lovers and those that oppose the following statement:
    A regenerate man trusts in the evangelism of salvation conditioned on the atoning blood and imputed justness of Messiah alone.
    If you are fully persuaded, by experience, of this delightful, beautiful and life giving doctrine then I love you as a brother.

    Anyone who thinks that salvation is conditioned on anything a man thinks, does or says is atheist. I cannot and will not speak peace to him or her.

    I don't make statements online that I wouldn't repeat in front of my Maker, my grandmother or a judge.

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2868
    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    No man has ever possessed free-will.
    With regard to humans, what is meant by free will is that YHWH God of the Bible lets people choose what they are going to do (Joshua 24:15, Deuteronomy 30:19, Isaiah 1:19-20; 1 Chronicles 28:9; 1 Peter 5:2, Philemon 1:14, Genesis 24:8).

    Quote Originally Posted by Truster View Post
    Only the Almighty has free-will because only He has the power to bring His will into being.
    With regard to humans, free will does not mean that we can choose to do anything at all. For example, someone who is 5-feet-2-inches tall cannot choose to become an NBA player, just as someone who was born in India cannot choose to become the U.S. President (due to restrictions in the U.S. Constitution that the President must be U.S.-born). So someone's biology and history can constrict his choices in life.

    But his will is still free in the sense that no one can make him do anything that he does not want to do, or make him not do anything that he does want to do and is able to do based on his biology and history.

    The point of free will is that God had no interest in making humans like robots who could do nothing but what He had programmed them to do, whether they liked it or not. Instead, God created real human children who have the ability to choose to do or not do the right thing, and the ability to choose to do or not do the wrong thing.

    If people did not have this ability, then God could not logically reward people for choosing to do the right thing (Matthew 25:21), or punish them for choosing to do the wrong thing (2 Corinthians 5:10-11) or choosing not to do the right thing (Luke 12:47, Matthew 25:26-30).

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2868
    Some thoughts re: newspapers.

    Newspapers are the best invention ever (after printing itself). For they compile huge amounts of information in a limited space. Unlike books, they cover a wide range of topics every day, and relate information relevant to today, what is going on right now, and so point toward what is coming in the future. Many non-fiction books repeat the same idea over and over, and may not be true information, but only hoped-for theories of what is true or will be true in the future. And fiction books are not informative, but fantasy.

    Also, because newspapers are printed, unlike (non-DVR) TV and radio news, you can read newspapers at your leisure, anytime you want, and re-read parts that are especially fact-filled. (Non-DVR) TV and radio newscasts take you as their prisoner. You must watch or listen to them at a particular time, and you cannot skip parts that you are not interested in, and you cannot skip their endless commercials. Newspapers allow you to browse conveniently through them, and skip over any articles or ads that you may not be interested in.

    Also, because newspapers are printed, they are extremely more efficient in relaying information than TV and radio news. For you can read much faster than newscasters talk. Also, newscasts are usually limited to a short period of time, and so cannot relay very much information compared to, say, the 40 large pages of a newspaper.

    Newspapers are now dying, being replaced by the "Twitterfication" of the human mind. More information than ever is available online, but it is relatively rarely sought out, in exchange for titillating tidbits, which leave the mind bereft of any deep and lasting knowledge, but nonetheless entrain the mind, entertain it, entrap it in an endless stream of that which is ultimately meaningless.

    Knowledge is power. As the People become more and more bereft of knowledge, they become more and more helpless before the increasing predations of ruthless corporations, unions, and governments.

    May God help us.

    Also, newspapers can be read in private, whereas anything you read (or watch or listen to) online or on cable (including on DVR) is tracked and can be used against you by corporations, bad actors (in the sense of criminals), and governments across the globe. They can bombard you with targeted ads, set you up as their mark, and surveil you. Also, if everything you read is read online, then they can know the exact extent of your knowledge, and so they can exploit key gaps in your knowledge, in ways which are not in your best interest.

    So long live privacy, and long live being-informed: Long live newspapers! They are crucial for the maintenance of a true democracy, and for keeping tyrants at bay. The Founders knew this, and so in the very First Amendment they protected newspapers from government interference. Newspapers now need to be protected from economic and technological interference: they need to be publicly supported no less than public schools are publicly supported. For newspapers are the public's lifelong, daily schools for adults.

    Also, just as NPR (radio news) and PBS (TV news) are publicly supported, so should newspapers be publicly supported. Our democracy depends on this. The Founders would want nothing less.

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2868
    Some thoughts re: Israel.

    It seems strange that Israel would invite Chinese economic investment into Israel's strategic ports and technological companies. But perhaps Israel is thinking that this will not harm its position, in at least two ways.

    First, Israel has enough nuclear weapons that it need not fear (in its mind) any all-out, overwhelming, conventional military invasion by its enemies, in their fear of Israeli nuclear counterstrikes.

    Second, when it needs to in order to assure its national security, Israeli intelligence may be second-to-none in being able to secretly infiltrate foreign companies on its soil through humint, compromise their employees, hack their computer systems, and access their codes. So inviting Chinese companies to invest and set up operations in Israel only gives it a (potential, if needed) advantage in penetrating any Chinese intelligence activities employing agents on Israeli soil, and computers communicating back to China through Israeli-controlled internet links.

    So Israel can actually gain a strategic advantage by inviting the Chinese into its web, like a spider inviting a bee into its lair.

    But Israel will never do China any harm, so long as China does it no harm. So both China and Israel can benefit handsomely from Chinese economic investment in Israel, so long as China poses no spying, political, or military threat to Israel, or to its close allies on which it depends.

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2868
    Some thoughts re: college.

    The whole point of the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) is to indicate whether a student is able to handle college-level studies. So it would in no way help students with low SAT scores to get them into college, whether by bribes or by a "disadvantaged upbringing" score. For these students would most likely not be able to handle the college work, and so they would drop out, never graduating.

    Also, if even more college loans are made available, or if college (which is already, needlessly, many times more expensive per year than K-12 schools) is made "free" by the government (actually, taxpayers) paying for it, then college tuition will rise, inflate, even further than it already has (because of loans), to match all of the new money available to pay for it.

    So all we would be doing is raising college costs to even more astronomical levels, whether for individuals or the government, while reducing graduation rates (when there is no grade inflation, or dumbing-down of courses).

    How sad.

    Leftist policies are so misguided.

  10. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2868
    Some thoughts re: Russia and China.

    Russia and China both now have strong leaders, who have decided to become allies. But these leaders have gotten rid of all their domestic political competitors, leaving no strong leaders to succeed them when they die (such as from natural causes). In this way, they have set up their countries for possible disaster in the future.

    For example, imagine if the Russian leader dies and is replaced by a popularly-elected "peacenik" who renounces any use of Russia's nukes, even in self-defense. This could embolden China to begin making military moves across its northern border, into eastern Siberia. For China wants to get to the Arctic, and it doesn't want to be dependent upon foreign energy supplies forever. China could even claim that it is China's "Manifest Destiny" to extend its territory northward to the Arctic, just as in the nineteenth century the U.S. claimed that it was its "Manifest Destiny" to extend its territory westward to the Pacific. By taking eastern Siberia and the adjacent Arctic region, China would obtain huge oil and gas resources.

    For a different example, imagine if the Chinese leader dies and is replaced by a weak technocrat, while Russia continues to have a strong leader. This could embolden Russia to increase its encirclement of China's northeastern neck by annexing the northeastern part of North Korea, a country which Russia already controls, after North Korea "goes rogue" with its nukes (built by Russian technicians). Russia could also threaten China's southeastern coast by fomenting tragic naval battles between the U.S. and China in the South China Sea, while Russia builds a huge naval base in the Borneo part of Malaysia, giving Russia a catbird seat on the melee, and a powerful base of operations from which to dominate the South China Sea after the U.S. and Chinese navies have destroyed each other there.

    So Russia and China are not natural allies geopolitically. Their present alliance is based on their present leaders, who have no assurance that their successors will not be weaklings.

  11. #26
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    10,282
    Thanks
    253
    Thanked 3,404 Times in 2,308 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    417219
    Quote Originally Posted by bibleverse2 View Post
    Some thoughts re: geopolitics.

    Russia is now on the move, and the U.S. is doing nothing.

    Russia is sending troops to Venezuela, and soon will be given permission to build a huge naval base there.

    Also, Russia is spurring on the general-ruler of eastern Libya to take over western Libya. He will then give Russia permission to build a huge naval base there.

    Also, look for Russia to move next upon Malaysia, buying key politicians there with huge bribes so that Russia will be given permission to build a huge naval base in the Borneo part of Malaysia.

    Look on a world map.

    Russia will then have established power bases in three strategic locations across the globe.
    Putin no doubt figures that the money spent attempting to rig the U.S. presidential election was money well spent. With a weak U.S. president, apparently on his side, he has nothing to stop him.

    Reagan is turning in his grave.
    Yep.
    This message is hidden because ...

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Rusha (July 16th, 2019)

  13. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2868
    Could the remarkable visage of Matthew Perry (19th century) have had anything to do with his unprecedented ability to "open" Japan to the West? For Matthew Perry had the face of an elite Japanese: Long, and open, and with a severe demeanor, like Abe's today. Except for the eyes, of course, which were outweighed by Perry's advanced ships.

    The Japanese were, and still are, intelligent enough to not to pass on what Perry offered: Western technology, while retaining the sui generis Japanese style. By their intelligence, their toughness, and their ability to adapt very quickly to changing circumstances, the Japanese are like the British of the East. But the Japanese equivalent of the British Empire was snuffed out early by the U.S. in World War II.

    Apart from the U.S., which set Japan on its very course of imperialism, the Japanese Empire may have dominated the entire Eastern Hemisphere east of Iran for a century or longer, like how the British Empire was able to dominate most of the world for a century. But, again, the U.S. and World War II brought an end to the British Empire, just as to Japanese ambitions.

    So the U.S. brought an end to the empires of both its tutor and its student.

    But what about China, which the U.S. saved from Japanese domination? Will the huge and powerful China of today be able to be restrained militarily by the U.S., or will China begin to build an empire in the East? Or will the massive Chinese debt, like the massive U.S. debt, ultimately hobble both nations geopolitically?

  14. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2868
    Some thoughts re: homelessness.

    The best answer to homelessness is to fulfill the desires of both the homed and the homeless at the same time.

    The homed want the homeless out of sight. They don't want to have to step in the homeless' feces and urine on the sidewalk, or see their tents there, or be asked for money (to buy drugs). The homeless want to be free not to work, and free to smoke, drink, and take drugs all they want, day and night. They are okay with living in tents if they can freely do these things. (When was the last time you saw a homeless riot to be homed?)

    Regarding homeless children, they can be put into government boarding schools until their parents are able to get their lives in order. For there are some homeless -- not many -- who do want to work, and they can be put into jobs where the government incentivizes the employer, and where the workers have a place to shower and wash their clothes for work. These working homeless can then save up enough money to rent an apartment.

    The thing that you don't want to do is to force the homeless into mental institutions or prisons. As this takes away their freedom, the whole reason that they are willing to live in a tent on the sidewalk. The answer, to address the desire of the homed, is to simply relocate the homeless out of cities and into beautiful campsites out in the countryside, where the homeless can set up their tents, and where they have access to large numbers of porta-potties, and as many water bottles as they want, and three meals per day in a mess hall, and all the cigs, beers and drugs that they can consume in a day without killing themselves (i.e. what they are already doing).

    Think of a homeless Woodstock, but without the music. (Unless some homeless-loving bands want to go out there and perform for them on a stage.)

    These countryside campsites will be much cheaper than trying to build housing for the homeless, which is almost impossible in NIMBY-land, or trying to incarcerate or institutionalize them. And the homeless living in Woodstocks (or "Freedom Camps") can seek mental or drug/alcohol-abuse counseling at such camps when (if) they finally tire of their lifestyle.

    They will not be forced to remain in the camps, but can leave anytime that they want, such as to go home to live with their elderly parents, or any of their siblings willing to take them in. But if they go back to setting up their tent on the sidewalk in the city (which they would have no incentive to do, because the countryside camp already supplies them with anything that they would want in the city), then they will be given the choice of moving back to the camp (or Woodstock), or moving to another city, or going to prison, a mental institution, or a drug/alcohol-abuse rehab center.

    This way, they can maintain their freedom as much as they want, without impinging on the freedoms of the homed in the city.

    So think of Woodstocks for the homeless. The time has come.

  15. #29
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    10,277
    Thanks
    34,663
    Thanked 8,751 Times in 5,619 Posts

    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147641
    Quote Originally Posted by bibleverse2 View Post
    Some thoughts re: homelessness.

    The best answer to homelessness is to fulfill the desires of both the homed and the homeless at the same time.

    The homed want the homeless out of sight. They don't want to have to step in the homeless' feces and urine on the sidewalk, or see their tents there, or be asked for money (to buy drugs). The homeless want to be free not to work, and free to smoke, drink, and take drugs all they want, day and night. They are okay with living in tents if they can freely do these things. (When was the last time you saw a homeless riot to be homed?)

    Regarding homeless children, they can be put into government boarding schools until their parents are able to get their lives in order. For there are some homeless -- not many -- who do want to work, and they can be put into jobs where the government incentivizes the employer, and where the workers have a place to shower and wash their clothes for work. These working homeless can then save up enough money to rent an apartment.

    The thing that you don't want to do is to force the homeless into mental institutions or prisons. As this takes away their freedom, the whole reason that they are willing to live in a tent on the sidewalk. The answer, to address the desire of the homed, is to simply relocate the homeless out of cities and into beautiful campsites out in the countryside, where the homeless can set up their tents, and where they have access to large numbers of porta-potties, and as many water bottles as they want, and three meals per day in a mess hall, and all the cigs, beers and drugs that they can consume in a day without killing themselves (i.e. what they are already doing).

    Think of a homeless Woodstock, but without the music. (Unless some homeless-loving bands want to go out there and perform for them on a stage.)

    These countryside campsites will be much cheaper than trying to build housing for the homeless, which is almost impossible in NIMBY-land, or trying to incarcerate or institutionalize them. And the homeless living in Woodstocks (or "Freedom Camps") can seek mental or drug/alcohol-abuse counseling at such camps when (if) they finally tire of their lifestyle.

    They will not be forced to remain in the camps, but can leave anytime that they want, such as to go home to live with their elderly parents, or any of their siblings willing to take them in. But if they go back to setting up their tent on the sidewalk in the city (which they would have no incentive to do, because the countryside camp already supplies them with anything that they would want in the city), then they will be given the choice of moving back to the camp (or Woodstock), or moving to another city, or going to prison, a mental institution, or a drug/alcohol-abuse rehab center.

    This way, they can maintain their freedom as much as they want, without impinging on the freedoms of the homed in the city.

    So think of Woodstocks for the homeless. The time has come.
    Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’: “Cursed is the ground for your sake; In toil you shall eat of it All the days of your life.Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you, And you shall eat the herb of the field.In the sweat of your face you shall eat bread Till you return to the ground, For out of it you were taken; For dust you are, And to dust you shall return.” - Genesis 3:17-19 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...9&version=NKJV

    For even when we were with you, we commanded you this: If anyone will not work, neither shall he eat.For we hear that there are some who walk among you in a disorderly manner, not working at all, but are busybodies.Now those who are such we command and exhort through our Lord Jesus Christ that they work in quietness and eat their own bread. - 2 Thessalonians 3:10-12 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...2&version=NKJV

  16. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    296
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 62 Times in 55 Posts

    Blog Entries
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2868
    Some thoughts re: the Chinese Communist Party (CCP).

    It is basically illegitimate, by modern standards. For it cares not for the People, but for itself. It also pretends to be communist while it leads a capitalist life, driving around in black Mercedes, for example, while drinking champagne behind tinted windows. Also, it pretends to be atheist while no doubt some of its leaders (just as some other world leaders) secretly worship Satan (the dragon) -- just as the whole world will eventually (Revelation 13:4, Revelation 12:9) -- obtaining from him all of the power and wealth that they can stand (Luke 4:7).

    The People of Hong Kong are awake to the threat of the CCP, for they know that the extradition law would allow them to be abducted into mainland China and sent to the CCP's torture chambers.

    Where is China's Gorbachev? Just as his wise policies led to the ultimate collapse of the decrepit soviet communist system, so China's leadership can become willing to bring in policies which will lead to the ultimate end of the tyrannous Chinese communist system.

    Taiwan proves that the Chinese People are more than capable of being strong and democratic at the same time. And they are able to peacefully overcome dictatorship.

    But only when their leaders are willing to do what is best for the People, instead of themselves.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us