User Tag List

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Was Paul Baptized With Water?

Thanks
    Thanked 8,757 Times in 5,750 Posts

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    Paul's shows baptism was unnecessary by only baptizing 2 people & also the household of Stephanas
    You still ignore the fact that Paul was saved prior to the time when he received the gospel of grace, the same gospel which he preached to the Gentiles.

He was saved on the road to Damascus when he believed that the Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. That is the heart and soul of the gospel of the kingdom. And under that program a person must first believe and then after that that same person was baptized with water (Acts 8:36-37).

Again, Paul didn't receive the gospel of grace on the road to Damascus. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ"
    (Acts 9:20,22).

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
    (Gal.1:15-17).

When Paul believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia.

That can only mean that Paul didn't preach the new program of God at the beginning of his ministry but instead at the beginning of his ministry he was preaching the gospel of the kingdom and a part of that program was submitting to the rite of water baptism.

That explains why Paul was baptized with water and why he baptized believers with water.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,489 Times in 837 Posts

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    You still ignore the fact that Paul was saved prior to the time when he received the gospel of grace, the same gospel which he preached to the Gentiles.

He was saved on the road to Damascus when he believed that the Lord Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God. That is the heart and soul of the gospel of the kingdom. And under that program a person must first believe and then after that that same person was baptized with water (Acts 8:36-37).

Again, Paul didn't receive the gospel of grace on the road to Damascus. Not long after Paul was converted on the Damascus road he preached the following message to the Jews:

"And straightway he preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God.....proving that this is the very Christ"
    (Acts 9:20,22).

At that time Paul had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus"
    (Gal.1:15-17).

When Paul believed that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, on the Damascus road he immediately went to Damascus (Acts 9:6-8). But when he received the gospel which he preached among the Gentiles he went immediately into Arabia.

That can only mean that Paul didn't preach the new program of God at the beginning of his ministry but instead at the beginning of his ministry he was preaching the gospel of the kingdom and a part of that program was submitting to the rite of water baptism.

That explains why Paul was baptized with water and why he baptized believers with water.
    Paul was baptized with water because they were doing what they always had done.

Ananias was sent to lay his hands on him, the baptism was from doing what they had always done.

Act 9:11 And the Lord said to him, "Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying,
    Act 9:12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight."

Act 9:17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."

Thanks

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't even attempt to answer my point about when Paul received the gospel which he preached to the Gentiles.

All you continue to say is that every instance of water baptism associated with Paul was unneccesary.

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You didn't even attempt to answer my point about when Paul received the gospel which he preached to the Gentiles.

All you continue to say is that every instance of water baptism associated with Paul was unneccesary.

Ananias was sent to lay his hands on him, the baptism was from doing what they had always done.

Act 9:11 And the Lord said to him, "Rise and go to the street called Straight, and at the house of Judas look for a man of Tarsus named Saul, for behold, he is praying,
    Act 9:12 and he has seen in a vision a man named Ananias come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight."

Act 9:17 So Ananias departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came has sent me so that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."

Paul's shows baptism was unnecessary by only baptizing 2 people & also the household of Stephanas

5. The Following User Says Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

Right Divider (March 4th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was unnecessary he wouldn't have baptized anyone with water. At the time when he first began baptizing with water he had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:

"But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was unnecessary he wouldn't have baptized anyone with water. At the time when he first began baptizing with water he had not yet received the gospel which he was to preach among the Gentiles. He wrote the following:
    "But when God, who set me apart from birth and called me by his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, I did not consult any man, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went immediately into Arabia and later returned to Damascus" (Gal.1:15-17).

nice story , just conjecture , Paul went to Arabia therefore baptism ?

fact is

Paul shows baptism was unnecessary by only baptizing 2 people & also the household of Stephanas

fact is

Ananias was not sent to baptize Paul

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 4th, 2019),Right Divider (March 5th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice story , just conjecture , Paul went to Arabia therefore baptism ?
    I quoted Paul's own words and you call it conjecture! Paul did baptize people but according to you those baptisms were unnecessary.

Too bad you were not living back then so you could have told Paul not to waste his time baptizing anyone because those baptisms were not necessary.

I have nothing more to say on this subject. Have a nice day1

Thanks
    Thanked 7,241 Times in 4,990 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I quoted Paul's own words and you call it conjecture! Paul did baptize people but according to you those baptisms were unnecessary.

Too bad you were not living back then so you could have told Paul not to waste his time baptizing anyone because those baptisms were not necessary.

So, what?

believe it!

Thanks

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your conclusion of Paul went to Arabia therefore baptism is conjecture .

Correct the baptisms Paul did were unnecessary .

Paul didn't spend even .00001 % of his life baptizing 2 people & also the household of Stephanas

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 4th, 2019),Right Divider (March 5th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct the baptisms Paul did were unnecessary .
    Those who preached the following gospel which Paul also preached baptized those who believed:

"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead"
    (Ro.1:1-4).

That is the gospel Paul preached in the synagogues to the Jews. That gospel was based on what the OT prophets foretold but the gospel Paul preached to the Gentiles was kept secret and wasn't revealed in the OT:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began" (Ro.16:25).

Things that differ are not the same.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,115 Times in 12,552 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

And by declaring that there is ONE baptism for the body of Christ and we KNOW that that baptism is NOT water.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (March 5th, 2019),way 2 go (March 5th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

Those who preached the following gospel which Paul also preached baptized those who believed:

"Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, (Which he had promised afore by his prophets in the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the resurrection from the dead"
    (Ro.1:1-4).

That is the gospel Paul preached in the synagogues to the Jews. That gospel was based on what the OT prophets foretold but the gospel Paul preached to the Gentiles was kept secret and wasn't revealed in the OT:

"Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began" (Ro.16:25).

Things that differ are not the same.
    Bad boy Jerry, going back on your word.

Why did those of Israel need to repent AND be baptized with water? Why is there only ONE non-water baptism for the body of Christ?

Things that differ are not the same!

(4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 5th, 2019),JudgeRightly (March 5th, 2019),way 2 go (March 5th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    Bad boy Jerry, going back on your word.
    I didn't go back on my word. As usual you cannot understand spiritual things and that explains why you can't see the difference between a gospel which was foretold by the OT prophets and one which was kept secret since the beginning of the world.

Why did those of Israel need to repent AND be baptized with water?
    So that the Israelites could serve the Lord Jesus in holiness and righteousness. They were to have a change of mind (repent) in regard to the sinful lifestyles they had been living. That is why Paul was baptized and that is why he baptized some believers.

Why do you think that Paul was baptized and why do you think that he baptized some believers?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Exclamation

I didn't go back on my word. As usual you cannot understand spiritual things and that explains why you can't see the difference between a gospel which was foretold by the OT prophets and one which was kept secret since the beginning of the world.
    You're lying about both what you said (and then did) and what I believe.

So that the Israelites could serve the Lord Jesus in holiness and righteousness. They were to have a change of mind (repent) in regard to the sinful lifestyles they had been living. That is why Paul was baptized and that is why he baptized some believers.

Why do you think that Paul was baptized and why do you think that he baptized some believers?
    It's been explained already by me and others. You must not even read our posts.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

glorydaz (March 5th, 2019),JudgeRightly (March 5th, 2019),way 2 go (March 5th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're lying about both what you said (and then did) and what I believe.
    Prove that I lied! All you do is make false accusations against me in the hope that no one will notice that you really have no answer to the Scriptures which contradict your ideas.

It's been explained already by me and others. You must not even read our posts.
    So you must agree with the idea that when Paul was baptized with water that baptism was unnecessary?

You must also agree with the idea put forth on this thread that when Paul baptized believers that baptism was unnecessary!

I am sure that you think that the gospel which was promised in the OT is the same gospel which was kept secret since the world began.

Thread Information