User Tag List

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 447

Thread: Scientists Question Darwinism

  1. #91
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks
    32,022
    Thanked 8,118 Times in 5,162 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    ..."Woods Hole believes they have the right to insist on a belief in evolution," said David C. Gibbs III, one of Abraham's two attorneys and general counsel of the Christian Law Association in Seminole, Fla.

    "It is inconceivable that someone working in developmental biology at a major research institution would not be expected to deal intimately with evolution," she said. "A flight school hiring instructors wouldn't ask whether they accepted that the earth was spherical; they would assume it. Similarly, Woods Hole would have assumed that someone hired to work in developmental biology would accept that evolution occurred. It's part and parcel of the science these days."]
    Note the deception, how they assert that a belief in creationism is the same or similar to believing in the flat earth, and that believing the earth is round (a fact) is the same or similar to believing the lie of evolution.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Right Divider (February 21st, 2019)

  3. #92
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks
    32,022
    Thanked 8,118 Times in 5,162 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden View Post
    Its no longer "creationist" after the decision by the Supreme Court, its now been changed to "intelligent design" - when the Courts rule against that conservative Christians will have to invent another synonym!


    The Christian Church went down this same road 500 years ago with Galileo
    Are you trying to assert that Galileo did not believe in God? I'm not sure what your point is here...

    - when are conservatives going to learn that debates over the mechanics (creationism vs evolution) and timelines (6 days vs 4 billion years) do not disprove the existence of God!
    Creationism and evolution are mutually exclusive.

    Are we to believe that God is incapable of employing evolution over a 4 billion year period as part of His plan?
    "Theistic evolution," as it's called, is an oxymoron, self-contradictory.

    You can't have a guided unguided process.

    Plus, God Himself says He created man AT THE BEGINNING of creation, not at the end.

    It's not a question of whether God is capable of such, but a question of DID He, and since He did not (no such thing as a "guided unguided process"), then it would be irrational to try to argue against what He DID do, which is create man at the beginning of the creation.

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Derf (February 21st, 2019),Right Divider (February 21st, 2019)

  5. #93
    Over 2000 post club Derf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,084
    Thanks
    523
    Thanked 912 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    244788
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Creationism and evolution are mutually exclusive.
    Personally, I think it's more accurate to say that creationism and evolutionism are mutually exclusive. Evolutionism is what teaches an unguided process. Evolution CAN be guided, but evolutionism insists that the creature is the creator of himself.

    Ps 100:3 ...It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves...
    Last edited by Derf; February 21st, 2019 at 11:32 AM.

  6. #94
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks
    32,022
    Thanked 8,118 Times in 5,162 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    guilty of what?
    Don't feed the troll who's trying to derail the thread, the topic of which is "Scientists Question Darwin".

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    Right Divider (February 21st, 2019),Stripe (February 21st, 2019)

  8. #95
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,888
    Thanks
    3,812
    Thanked 9,326 Times in 6,922 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147777
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Don't feed the troll who's trying to derail the thread, the topic of which is "Scientists Question Darwin".
    my bad - he does that so often i didn't even notice what thread we're in


    i reported the post where jg took it off the rails

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (February 21st, 2019),Right Divider (February 21st, 2019)

  10. #96
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks
    32,022
    Thanked 8,118 Times in 5,162 Posts

    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147627
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    my bad - he does that so often i didn't even notice what thread we're in


    i reported the post where jg took it off the rails
    Way ahead of you, haha

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

    ok doser (February 21st, 2019),Right Divider (February 21st, 2019)

  12. #97
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523681
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonahdog View Post
    Because it does not fit with the evidence. And dont bother to ask "What evidence?" You know the evidence.
    You mean this evidence?

    No Slow and Gradual Erosion

    The fossil-bearing portion of the geologic record consists of tens of thousands of feet of sedimentary layers, of which about 4,500 feet (1,372 m) are exposed in the walls of Grand Canyon. If this enormous thickness of sediments was deposited over 500 or more million years, as conventionally believed, then some boundaries between layers should show evidence of millions of years of slow erosion, when deposition was not occurring, just as erosion is occurring on some land surfaces today.

    On the other hand, if this enormous thickness of sediments was all deposited in just over a year during the Genesis Flood, then the boundaries between the layers should show evidence of continuous rapid deposition, with only occasional rapid erosion or no erosion at all. And that’s exactly what we find, as illustrated by strata boundaries in the Grand Canyon.

    The biblical account of the Flood describes the waters sweeping over the continents to cover the whole earth. The waters flowing right around the earth would have catastrophically eroded sediments from some locations, transported them long distances, and then rapidly deposited them. Because the waters flowed “continually” (the word used in the Scriptures), erosion, transport, and deposition of sediments would have been continually rapid.

    Thus billions of dead plants and animals were rapidly buried and fossilized in sediment layers that rapidly accumulated, with only rapid or no erosion at their boundaries because they were deposited just hours, days, or weeks apart. So the evidence declares that the Genesis Flood actually happened, being a major event in the earth’s history, just as God has told us in His eyewitness account.

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  13. #98
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,278
    Thanks
    13,650
    Thanked 21,201 Times in 11,934 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147704

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Personally, I think it's more accurate to say that creationism and evolutionism are mutually exclusive. Evolutionism is what teaches an unguided process. Evolution CAN be guided, but evolutionism insists that the creature is the creator of himself.

    Ps 100:3 ...It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves...
    I appreciate the sentiment of your post, but that verse is NOT about the creation of humankind, but about the creation of Israel.

    Psa 100:3 KJV Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Right Divider For Your Post:

    Derf (February 21st, 2019),JudgeRightly (February 21st, 2019)

  15. #99
    Over 2000 post club Derf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    2,084
    Thanks
    523
    Thanked 912 Times in 625 Posts

    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    244788
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    It's true that there are many good and worthy Christians who are YE creationists, and while Biologos is in concert with the great majority of the world's Christians, they don't reflect the views of all of them.



    They merely accept His word as they understand it. Just like you.
    They merely accept the current scientific theories, too, of which I am skeptical of some. To put current scientific theories on the level of the bible is not a Christian position, however many Christians may hold it.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Derf For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (February 21st, 2019),Right Divider (February 21st, 2019)

  17. #100
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,458
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 3,040 Times in 2,044 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    401810
    Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    They merely accept the current scientific theories, too, of which I am skeptical of some.
    To put current scientific theories on the level of the bible is not a Christian position, however many Christians may hold it.[/QUOTE]

    Yep. You won't go to hell for being a creationist or for accepting evolution. It's just not a salvation issue. Unless you make one of them an idol and demand that all Christians must believe it your way. That could put your salvation in danger.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Kit the Coyote (February 21st, 2019)

  19. #101
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523681
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Yep. You won't go to hell for being a creationist or for accepting evolution. It's just not a salvation issue. Unless you make one of them an idol and demand that all Christians must believe it your way. That could put your salvation in danger.
    Your argument is that you can believe that Jesus is a liar without it affecting your salvation?

    Mark 10:6
    6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  20. #102
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523681
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    “I think more scientists are realizing the limitations to Darwinism, specifically in regard to the origin of life and the complexity of the cell. So much of how cells actually work reveal how impossible it is that life arose from mutation and natural selection. As we have learned more and more about molecular and cellular biology, more scientists doubt Darwinism although they may not admit it for fear of repercussions.”

    The theory of Charles Darwin severely damaged the idea that the Bible should be understood in a literal manner in the eyes of many people but now more and more scientists are questioning Darwin's theory:

    https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...nism-statement
    This TOL thread has a lot more information about the scientists that question Darwinism.
    Real Science Radio's List of Scientists Doubting Darwin
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (February 21st, 2019)

  22. #103
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,458
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 3,040 Times in 2,044 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    401810
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Your argument is that you can believe that Jesus is a liar without it affecting your salvation?

    Mark 10:6
    6 But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
    Well, let's see what God says was there in the beginning of creation...

    Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created heaven, and earth. 2 And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters.

    Your argument is that you think you can call God a liar without affecting your salvation?

    You've deluded yourself here. Neither God the father nor Jesus are lying. If you think about it a while, you can probably figure out how. Give it some time and let me know.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  23. #104
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523681
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Well, let's see what God says was there in the beginning of creation...

    Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created heaven, and earth. 2 And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters.

    Your argument is that you think you can call God a liar without affecting your salvation?
    I believe Genesis 1:1.
    What makes you think God lied in Genesis 1:1?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Neither God the father nor Jesus are lying.
    I know that, which is why I am a Young Earth Creationist.

    If you are not a Young Earth Creationists, you have to reject what God the Father and Jesus said about creation.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (February 21st, 2019)

  25. #105
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,691
    Thanks
    1,280
    Thanked 8,724 Times in 5,722 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147835
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    St. Paul says it's conditional on continuing in the faith. I think he's right. What do you think?
    Paul was employing a first class condition:

    "The first class condition indicates the assumption of truth for the sake of argument. The normal idea, then, is if--and let us assume that this is true for the sake of argument--then...."
    (Daniel Wallace, Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics, p. 690).

    The believer can never lose his salvation and perish:

    "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"
    (Jn.3:16).

    Do you really think that those have received the truth in power and in the Holy Spirit can ever stop believeing?:

    "The elder unto the elect lady and her children, whom I love in the truth; and not I only, but also all they that have known the truth; For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever"
    (2 Jn.1-2).

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us