Thanked 7,217 Times in 4,979 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    The meltdown continues.
    dinosaurs are real horror show! I like King Kong beating up tyrannosaurus.
    So, what?

believe it!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ktoyou For Your Post:

ok doser (July 16th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,347 Times in 2,267 Posts

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktoyou View Post
    dinosaurs are real horror show! I like King Kong beating up tyrannosaurus.
    I always liked Godzilla whipping up on Rodan and Ghidora. I like eating at Teriyaki Madness, because they play Japanese monster films all day.

I discovered that the guy who played Godzilla was a well-regarded actor, who took his career seriously. He often visited zoos, observing large reptiles to improve his performance as Godzilla. Haruo Nakajima has an asteroid named after him.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haruo_Nakajima
    This message is hidden because ...

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is The Barbarian lying:
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    (Barbarian points out that he doesn't say birds are dinosaurs)
    Here is The Barbarian saying that birds are dinosaurs:

In the same sense that you are a therapsid reptile, birds are dinosaurs.
    Here is The Barbarian saying, again, that birds are dinosaurs:

Remember, "Birds are dinosaurs in the same sense that humans are reptiles."
    Now, you wrote:
    So you're telling me that you're a therapsid reptile?
    To whom (if anyone) are you talking, here? To whom (if anyone) are you referring by the pronoun, 'you'? As anyone can see, your post, #494, was not a Reply to any TOL poster, in particular. Maybe you're talking to yourself. (After all, you're obviously fond of often talking about yourself in the third person, like a weirdo. Perhaps you also enjoy talking to yourself in the second person.)

So you're telling me that you're a therapsid reptile?
    If you are talking to me, the answer to your question is, obviously, No. I'm a human being. Only an abject idiot could call a human being a reptile. What keeps me from calling myself a reptile? Easy answer: I'm not an abject idiot. Notice how I've never, once, called myself a reptile; that is why you have, obviously, not been able to quote me as having done so. And yet, I can, and do, quote you as having affirmed that "birds are dinosaurs". Why am I able to do that? Simple: Because you have affirmed, repeatedly, on TOL, that "birds are dinosaurs".

You, though--you are calling me a reptile:

You are a therapsid reptile in exactly the sense that birds are dinosaurs.
    When you say to a human, "You are a therapsid reptile", do you mean "You are a therapsid reptile", or, instead, do you mean, "You are NOT a therapsid reptile"?

I expressly denied that I am a reptile:

Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    In no sense, whatsoever, am I a reptile of any sort, seeing as I'm a human being.
    To my denial of your claim, you (instead of agreeing with me, and saying something such as, "You're correct, 7djengo7: you are, in no sense, whatsoever, a reptile, since you are a human being") reacted by merely reiterating your idiotic claim:

You are a therapsid reptile in exactly the sense that birds are dinosaurs.
    Note, also: Since, curiously, you have not once, called yourself, personally, a reptile, but have, repeatedly, singled me out, calling me a reptile, you have, thereby, made yourself out to be a hypocrite when you, earlier, accused me of name-calling. That's what you're doing, and you know it: name-calling. Henceforth, I request that you stop calling me a reptile. Believe you me, I'll have no qualm, whatsoever, pointing out your very specific, malicious name-calling to the TOL moderators.

Only an abject idiot could say that humans are reptiles! Wouldn't you agree?

Now, do you, The Barbarian, say that humans are reptiles?

Remember, "Birds are dinosaurs in the same sense that humans are reptiles."
    Yeah, you do say that. Thanks.

That would be extraordinary,
    Bravo! You just called your claim that humans are reptiles "extraordinary"! You hit the nail on the head with that judgment! For, not only are you claiming a falsehood when you claim that humans are reptiles, but you are, in so claiming, claiming something that is extraordinarily idiotic to claim.

since they ["therapsid reptiles"] are thought to have died out over a hundred million years ago, and they are generally regarded to have been illiterate.
    Since you say that humans are "therapsid reptiles", here, you are saying that humans "are thought to have died out over a hundred million years ago, and they are generally regarded to have been illiterate". What an extraordinarily idiotic thing for you to claim.

You have some evidence for your claim?
    By "you", here, are you referring to yourself--The Barbarian--in the second person? If, instead, you're addressing me, here, then tell me what claim you're referring to by your phrase, "your claim". You, of course, are going to need to directly quote my exact words, wherein you pretend I have claimed whatever it is you are calling "your claim". See, I can, and do, quote your own words, wherein you have claimed idiotic things such as that "birds are dinosaurs" and that "humans are reptiles". You're the claim-maker, here, by calling me a reptile.

For the non-trolls,
    So noble and magnanimous of you, to be honest enough to distinguish yourself from us non-trolls, and to condescend to try to lay out your "science" in a cloud of vacuous jargon that, perhaps, us non-trolls could one day hope to be able to meaninglessly parrot as prolifically as you, yourself, as a Darwin cheerleader, meaninglessly parrot it.

taxonomy recognizes ancestry,
    To whom are you referring by the word "taxonomy"? See, I, for one, never thought that taxonomy is a person; that being the case, I, for one, never thought that taxonomy recognizes, or can recognize, anything. People--persons--recognize things; non-persons do not have cognitive capabilities; non-persons do not recognize anything. So, would you say that taxonomy is a person?

but considers birds to be a separate taxon from dinosaurs.
    So, when you, and Disney's Nat Geo, claim that (and I quote) "birds are dinosaurs", you do not mean to say that birds are dinosaurs, but, instead, you mean to say "birds [are] a separate taxon from dinosaurs"??

Also, as is the case for every, last Darwin cheerleader, unfortunately for you, when you say (for instance) "taxon", you are meaninglessly parroting a word which you have absolutely zero hope of coherently explaining. (Perhaps we'll have the opportunity to flesh out this fact in further posts.) Just as is the case when you pompously flap on, and on, and on, with words like "species", "evolution" and others: you are merely meaninglessly parroting such words.

I remain skeptical of 7djengo7's claim that he is a therapsid reptile
    Again, try to directly quote my exact words, wherein you pretend I claimed that. Why can't you? That's right: because you're lying about me, as I've never--not even once--claimed that, nor anything that even remotely resembles it. Yet, you, on the other hand, have claimed that, and I've already quoted your exact words, wherein you've claimed that. So, here, you're admitting that you "remain skeptical" of your own claim! And, of course, that's an idiotic thing to do. Since you, yourself, admit that you "remain skeptical" of your own claim, I have a hunch that nobody else is bound to take your claim--your abjectly idiotic claim--seriously, either.

Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I wrote that birds are dinosaurs in the same sense that you are a therapsid reptile. You then affirmed that meant that birds are dinosaurs. Which is your claim that you are a therapsid reptile.

You aren't smart enough to pull off what you're trying to do here. But since you're now reduced to trolling, you go into the troll file. Bye-bye.

Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wrote that birds are dinosaurs in the same sense that you are a therapsid reptile. You then affirmed that meant that birds are dinosaurs.
    When you say that I "affirmed that meant that birds are dinosaurs", what is the referent of your pronoun "that"?

I never even once affirmed that what you wrote ("birds are dinosaurs in the same sense that you are a therapsid reptile") means that birds are dinosaurs. Not at all.

What I have been affirming, rather, is the fact that your claiming that "birds are dinosaurs" means that you are claiming that birds are dinosaurs. The fact that you also wrote the words, "in the same sense that you are a therapsid reptile", doesn't, somehow, magically cancel out the fact that you are claiming that birds are dinosaurs.

I've invited you, numerous times, to come out and affirm, flat out, which of these two mutually contradictory propositions is the true one, and which is the false one:

1. birds are dinosaurs
    2. birds are not dinosaurs

So far, you have persistently stonewalled against this question, because to answer it must needs embarrass you. But, you embarrass yourself equally by stonewalling against it, too. I would actually give you a bit of credit, and probably actually "Thank" a post of yours, were you to write a post in which you clearly, without equivocation, came out and confessed the truth that BIRDS ARE NOT DINOSAURS.

You could simply write, "Birds are not dinosaurs!" Or, "Birds are not dinosaurs in any sense, whatsoever!"

However, were you to confess the TRUTH, that BIRDS ARE NOT DINOSAURS, you know as well as I know, that you will be directly contradicting what Disney's Nat Geo (one of the big-name organs of "science") has affirmed. And, of course, who are you? You, of course, don't want to be seen as out of step with your masters from mainstream "science".

Which is your claim that you are a therapsid reptile.
    Again, I've never made any such claim: that's why you can't quote me as having made such a claim.

Your phrase, "your claim that you are a therapsid reptile" is without a referent--meaningless--since I have never claimed to be a reptile.

You aren't smart enough to pull off what you're trying to do here.
    Already pulled it off with my first post. I forced you to have to lie, stonewall, and dodge, to try (and fail) to save face for the stupidities you are proud, as a Darwin cheerleader, to parrot.

But since you're now reduced to trolling, you go into the troll file. Bye-bye.
    Feel free to cower and run away! I, for my part, have no plan to go anywhere. By all means, put me on ignore; I can continue to read your posts, and I can continue to pit your ravings as a Darwin cheerleader against your ravings as a Darwin cheerleader.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to 7djengo7 For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (July 16th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Gee, that improved things things hereabouts.

Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,005 Times in 9,142 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gee, that improved things things hereabouts.
    You're doing ignore wrong.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

7djengo7 (July 17th, 2019),JudgeRightly (July 16th, 2019),ok doser (July 16th, 2019)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,036 Times in 7,482 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I like the version of ignore where barbie turns red for a year and we all forget he ever posted here

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

7djengo7 (July 17th, 2019),Stripe (July 17th, 2019)

Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,005 Times in 9,142 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    I like the version of ignore where barbie turns red for a year and we all forget he ever posted here
    It's your fault he keeps coming back. You make him so enraged that he has an eternal drive to prove you wrong just once.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

7djengo7 (July 17th, 2019),ok doser (July 17th, 2019)

Thread Information