User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: The Timing of the Rapture and the Hebrew Epistles

  1. #1
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,350
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 8,652 Times in 5,666 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147829

    The Timing of the Rapture and the Hebrew Epistles

    The MADs on this forum quote the following verse in "bold" as evidence that those who received the Hebrew epistles must endure to the end of be saved so let us look at the events in chronological order which follow this verse:

    "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. ...When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place...For then shall be great tribulation...and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory"
    (Mt.24:13,15,21,30).

    First, these saints will see the abomination of desolation stand in the holy place then there will be great tribulation and then the Lord Jesus will appear in the sky. Now let is look at the following words of James:

    "You too, be patient and stand firm, because the Lord's coming is near" (James 5:8).

    The Greek word translated "is near" at James 5:8 is eggizo and in this verse that word means "to be imminent" (A Greek English Lexicon, Liddell & Scott [Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1940], 467).

    In an article found on the "Pre-Trib Research Center" web site Dr. Renald E. Showers writes:

    "In light of James' statements C. Leslie Mitton wrote, 'James clearly believed, as others of his time did, that the coming of Christ was imminent.' On the basis of James' statements we can conclude that Christ's coming was imminent in New Testament times and continues to be so today, and that this fact should make a difference in the way Christians live"
    (Showers, The Imminent Coming of Christ).

    Paul Sadler wrote the following about the meaning of "imminent":

    "According to Paul's gospel the Rapture is "imminent," that is, it could take place at any moment. There are no signs, times, or seasons that will precede this glorious event"
    (Sadler, "The Present Obsession With the Anti-Christ," The Berean Searchlight, June, 1999, 7).

    Now when we look back at the events in chronological order from the book of Matthew we see that the appearance of the Lord Jesus cannot be considered to be imminent because before He can appear at Matthew 24:30 the abomination of desolation must first stand in the holy place. So the only appearance of which James wrote is when the Lord Jesus will appear at the rapture.

    According to Paul Sadler only the members of the Body of Christ will be raptured:

    "The 'secret' resurrection that will take place at the Rapture should never be confused with the 'first' resurrection at the Second Coming of Christ. Those who rightly divide the Word of truth now see that only the members of the Body of Christ will be raised at the Rapture"
    (Sadler, Exploring the Unsearchable Riches of Christ [Stephens Point, WI: Worzalla Publishing Co., 1993], 167).

    All of these facts about the timing of the rapture provide overwhelming evidence that those who received the Hebrew epistles were taught to be expecting that the rapture could happen at any moment so there can be no doubt whatsoever that they are members of the Body of Christ.

  2. #2
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    523678
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post

    "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. ...When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place...For then shall be great tribulation...and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory"
    (Mt.24:13,15,21,30).

    First, these saints will see the abomination of desolation stand in the holy place then there will be great tribulation
    It is recorded in church history that the believers in Christ believed this prophecy from Jesus and fled to Pella from Jerusalem (this happened in 66 CE).
    The abomination of desolation was seen in 70 CE, right before the temple was destroyed by fire.
    This was the beginning of the great tribulation from this prophecy.


    NPNF2-01. Eusebius Pamphilius: Church History, Life of Constantine, Oration in Praise of Constantine

    Chapter V.—The Last Siege of the Jews after Christ.


    1. After Nero had held the power thirteen years, and Galba and Otho had ruled a year and six months, Vespasian, who had become distinguished in the campaigns against the Jews, was proclaimed sovereign in Judea and received the title of Emperor from the armies there. Setting out immediately, therefore, for Rome, he entrusted the conduct of the war against the Jews to his son Titus.
    2. For the Jews after the ascension of our Saviour, in addition to their crime against him, had been devising as many plots as they could against his apostles. First Stephen was stoned to death by them, and after him James, the son of Zebedee and the brother of John, was beheaded, and finally James, the first that had obtained the episcopal seat in Jerusalem after the ascension of our Saviour, died in the manner already described. But the rest of the apostles, who had been incessantly plotted against with a view to their destruction, and had been driven out of the land of Judea, went unto all nations to preach the Gospel, relying upon the power of Christ, who had said to them, “Go ye and make disciples of all the nations in my name.”
    3. But the people of the church in Jerusalem had been commanded by a revelation, vouchsafed to approved men there before the war, to leave the city and to dwell in a certain town of Perea called Pella. And when those that believed in Christ had come thither from Jerusalem, then, as if the royal city of the Jews and the whole land of Judea were entirely destitute of holy men, the judgment of God at length overtook those who had committed such outrages against Christ and his apostles, and totally destroyed that generation of impious men.
    4. But the number of calamities which everywhere fell upon the nation at that time; the extreme misfortunes to which the inhabitants of Judea were especially subjected, the thousands of men, as well as women and children, that perished by the sword, by famine, and by other forms of death innumerable,—all these things, as well as the many great sieges which were carried on against the cities of Judea, and the excessive. sufferings endured by those that fled to Jerusalem itself, as to a city of perfect safety, and finally the general course of the whole war, as well as its particular occurrences in detail, and how at last the abomination of desolation, proclaimed by the prophets, stood in the very temple of God, so celebrated of old, the temple which was now awaiting its total and final destruction by fire,—all these things any one that wishes may find accurately described in the history written by Josephus.
    5. But it is necessary to state that this writer records that the multitude of those who were assembled from all Judea at the time of the Passover, to the number of three million souls, were shut up in Jerusalem “as in a prison,” to use his own words.
    6. For it was right that in the very days in which they had inflicted suffering upon the Saviour and the Benefactor of all, the Christ of God, that in those days, shut up “as in a prison,” they should meet with destruction at the hands of divine justice.
    7. But passing by the particular calamities which they suffered from the attempts made upon them by the sword and by other means, I think it necessary to relate only the misfortunes which the famine caused, that those who read this work may have some means of knowing that God was not long in executing vengeance upon them for their wickedness against the Christ of God.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    there will be great tribulation and then the Lord Jesus will appear in the sky.
    Since the Lord Jesus has not appeared in the sky yet, the great tribulation has not ended yet.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  3. #3
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,350
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 8,652 Times in 5,666 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    It is recorded in church history that the believers in Christ believed this prophecy from Jesus and fled to Pella from Jerusalem (this happened in 66 CE).
    The abomination of desolation was seen in 70 CE, right before the temple was destroyed by fire.
    This was the beginning of the great tribulation from this prophecy.
    The Lord's words at Matthew 24 were in answer to what would happen at the "end of the age" (Mt.24:3).

    This end of the age has not yet happened because the Lord Jesus earlier spoke about what would happen at the end of the age and He said that then there will be a world harvest where all the unbelievers on the face of the earth (Mt.13:37-43).

  4. #4
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    523678
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The Lord's words at Matthew 24 were in answer to what would happen at the "end of the age" (Mt.24:3).

    This end of the age has not yet happened because the Lord Jesus earlier spoke about what would happen at the end of the age and He said that then there will be a world harvest where all the unbelievers on the face of the earth (Mt.13:37-43).
    When Jesus spoke in Matthew 13, there was still a chance for the Jews to repent and be saved by the end of the seventy week prophecy, but by Matthew 23-24, it was obvious that they would not repent, so the end of the age in the Matthew 13 prophecies was moved to the end of the prophecy in Matthew 24 in order to make room for the long period (1900+ years) of exile in the great tribulation.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  5. #5
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,350
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 8,652 Times in 5,666 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    When Jesus spoke in Matthew 13, there was still a chance for the Jews to repent and be saved by the end of the seventy week prophecy, but by Matthew 23-24, it was obvious that they would not repent, so the end of the age in the Matthew 13 prophecies was moved to the end of the prophecy in Matthew 24 in order to make room for the long period (1900+ years) of exile in the great tribulation.
    Where at the end of the prophecy in Matthew 24?

  6. #6
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    523678
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Where at the end of the prophecy in Matthew 24?
    We are currently in the age of the great tribulation.

    The fulfillment of the prophecies about the harvest at the end of the age happens here after the great tribulation:

    Matthew 24:29-31
    29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
    30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
    31 And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.



    Mark 13:24-27
    24 But in those days, after that tribulation, the sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light,
    25 And the stars of heaven shall fall, and the powers that are in heaven shall be shaken.
    26 And then shall they see the Son of man coming in the clouds with great power and glory.
    27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  7. #7
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,350
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 8,652 Times in 5,666 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147829
    According to the book of Daniel from the beginning of the 70th week until its end is just seven years.

    You have it lasting alomost 2,000 years.

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jerry Shugart For Your Post:

    steko (February 11th, 2019)

  9. #8
    Over 6000 post club Aimiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    6,003
    Thanks
    123
    Thanked 219 Times in 152 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    102511
    It will only last seven years. I believe that is the reason that the Statute of Limitations is seven years. We will be back before those left behind can process the paperwork to take our property, since you have to wait until seven years expire to legally count someone who is missing as dead. We'll begin the Millennial Reign with Christ from our previous homes, which will become centers of hospitality, healing and we'll share our home with whomever might travel our way, with no fear and won't need to have locks on our doors since there will be no crime upon the earth.

    I take Christ's Words regarding the end times very seriously and believe that that 'man of sin' or AntiChrist will be known since Jesus said:

    Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.

    We'll know him when we see him and he'll nearly be able to deceive even born-again Christians.

    For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

  10. #9
    LIFETIME MEMBER steko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    13,744
    Thanks
    29,062
    Thanked 22,150 Times in 12,101 Posts

    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147722
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    It will only last seven years. I believe that is the reason that the Statute of Limitations is seven years. We will be back before those left behind can process the paperwork to take our property, since you have to wait until seven years expire to legally count someone who is missing as dead. We'll begin the Millennial Reign with Christ from our previous homes, which will become centers of hospitality, healing and we'll share our home with whomever might travel our way, with no fear and won't need to have locks on our doors since there will be no crime upon the earth.

    I take Christ's Words regarding the end times very seriously and believe that that 'man of sin' or AntiChrist will be known since Jesus said:

    Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition.

    We'll know him when we see him and he'll nearly be able to deceive even born-again Christians.

    For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
    I believe that the 'elect/eklektos' of Mt 24:22,24 and 31 are the same 'elect/chosen/bachar/Lxx eklektos' of Deu 7:6,7.

    Rom 15:8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

    Last edited by steko; February 14th, 2019 at 10:34 PM.
    Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to steko For Your Post:

    Tambora (February 12th, 2019)

  12. #10
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    523678
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    According to the book of Daniel from the beginning of the 70th week until its end is just seven years.

    You have it lasting alomost 2,000 years.
    You are wrong about the great tribulation being the 70th week of the prophecy. The end of the 70th week happened around the time Stephen was stoned to death, and the first thing that happened after the end of the 70th week was Peter being sent to Cornelius.
    The great tribulation prophesied by Jesus was a consequence for the children of Israel failing to complete the 6 tasks that they were given 70 "weeks" to complete.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  13. #11
    Over 750 post club iamaberean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    934
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 81 Times in 74 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    52300
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    The MADs on this forum quote the following verse in "bold" as evidence that those who received the Hebrew epistles must endure to the end of be saved so let us look at the events in chronological order which follow this verse:

    "But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. ...When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place...For then shall be great tribulation...and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory"
    (Mt.24:13,15,21,30).

    First, these saints will see the abomination of desolation stand in the holy place then there will be great tribulation and then the Lord Jesus will appear in the sky. Now let is look at the following words of James:
    Flavius Josephus describes the destruction of Jerusalem.
    Introduction:
    1. Josephus is one of the most famous historians of the Judeo-Christian Bible.

    2. Writing in about 110 AD, Josephus recorded, in great detail, Jewish history, 1st century Judaism, the ministry of Jesus.

    3. In a book called, "Wars of the Jews", Josephus describes the destruction of Jerusalem as Jesus prophesied in Matthew 24.

    http://www.bible.ca/pre-flavius-josephus-70AD-Mt24-fulfilled.htm

    Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
    Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

    Last day? The last day of being under the Age of Law.

    When God led his people to the promise land the scouts went into Israel and came back afraid. He told them that they would roam in the wilderness until their generation had passed away. That was forty years.

    Jesus was put on the cross in his early thirties and then forty years later the temple and Jerusalem were destroyed. That was the day that the Age of Law ended. That was the "last day" and therefore the resurrection happened.

    Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
    Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
    Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

  14. #12
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    523678
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post
    Flavius Josephus describes the destruction of Jerusalem.
    Introduction:
    1. Josephus is one of the most famous historians of the Judeo-Christian Bible.

    2. Writing in about 110 AD, Josephus recorded, in great detail, Jewish history, 1st century Judaism, the ministry of Jesus.

    3. In a book called, "Wars of the Jews", Josephus describes the destruction of Jerusalem as Jesus prophesied in Matthew 24.

    http://www.bible.ca/pre-flavius-josephus-70AD-Mt24-fulfilled.htm
    Yes, Josephus provided us with the historical proof that some of the prophecy in the Olivet Discourse has already taken place.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post
    Joh 11:23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.
    Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

    Last day? The last day of being under the Age of Law.

    When God led his people to the promise land the scouts went into Israel and came back afraid. He told them that they would roam in the wilderness until their generation had passed away. That was forty years.

    Jesus was put on the cross in his early thirties and then forty years later the temple and Jerusalem were destroyed. That was the day that the Age of Law ended. That was the "last day" and therefore the resurrection happened.
    The resurrection at the last day was moved to shortly after the great tribulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by iamaberean View Post
    Luk 21:20 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.
    Luk 21:21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto.
    Luk 21:22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.[/COLOR]
    The days of vengenance, also known as the great tribulation, is the exile of the children of Israel from the land of Israel until the end of the times of the Gentiles.

    Luke 21:24
    24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.


    The establishment of the nation of Israel shows us that we are nearing the end of the great tribulation.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  15. #13
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,350
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 8,652 Times in 5,666 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    The end of the 70th week happened around the time Stephen was stoned to death, and the first thing that happened after the end of the 70th week was Peter being sent to Cornelius.
    You idea is completely unrealistic because the following verse spells out what will happen at the end of the 70th week:

    "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy"
    (Heb.9:24).

    That won't happen until the following prophecy is fulfilled:

    "For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Ez.14:2-4).

  16. #14
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    523678
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    You idea is completely unrealistic because the following verse spells out what will happen at the end of the 70th week:

    "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy"
    (Heb.9:24).
    That is obviously a list of the things that the children of Israel were given 490 years to complete.
    They did not complete the list, therefor they were exiled from the land again in the great tribulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    That won't happen until the following prophecy is fulfilled:

    "For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east" (Ez.14:2-4).
    You have your timing mixed up.
    The 490 years ended after Stephen was stoned and before Peter was sent to Cornelius.
    The events in Ezekiel did not happen during the 490 year prophecy and will not happen until after the end of the great tribulation.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  17. #15
    TOL Legend Jerry Shugart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    San Luis Potosi,Mexico
    Posts
    13,350
    Thanks
    1,268
    Thanked 8,652 Times in 5,666 Posts

    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147829
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    You have your timing mixed up.
    The 490 years ended after Stephen was stoned and before Peter was sent to Cornelius.
    The events in Ezekiel did not happen during the 490 year prophecy and will not happen until after the end of the great tribulation.
    At the end of the 490 years of Daniel's prophecy the following will happen:

    "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy" (Heb.9:24).

    The "seventy weeks"spoken of in this verse means "seventy sevens" as we see in the following translation:

    “Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the Most Holy Place"
    (Dan.9:24).

    Seventy sevens means 70 X 7 Years which comes to 490 years.

    You say that 490 years ended with the stoning of Stephen but the Scriptures declare that the following will happen when the 490 years are fulfilled:

    "Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy" (Heb.9:24).

    By your own words that prophecy hasn't yet been fulfilled.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us