User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28

Thread: Does God count ones Faith as righteousness ?

  1. #1
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,301
    Thanks
    738
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47791

    Does God count ones Faith as righteousness ?

    Rom 4:5,9

    But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

    Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

    Folks many deceivers and spiritually unlearned have taken scriptures like these and stated that they are teaching that a mans faith is counted to God as their righteousness. However thats not true, those scriptures teach that the object of ones Faith [ Christ] is their righteous. God given Faith reveals Christ as their righteousness. Paul wrote 1 Cor 1:30

    .30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

    Now how does one come to know if Christ has been made their righteousness of God ?

    God sends a Gospel message to them, wherein the righteousness of God [Christ] is revealed to their God given Faith Rom 1:16-17

    16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

    17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

    Now Faith cant be the believers righteousness when righteousness is being revealed to Faith, go figure !
    Last edited by beloved57; February 6th, 2019 at 12:40 PM.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  2. #2
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523681
    When believers in God live out their faith, this provides evidence of things that cannot be seen.

    Hebrews 11:1
    1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


    We cannot see the righteousness of God, but the righteousness of God is revealed by the righteous living by their faith.

    Romans 1:17
    17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.


    Abraham was given the sign of circumcision as evidence of Abraham living by his faith.

    Romans 4:11-12
    11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
    12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.


    Abraham lived by his faith and that was counted as Abraham's righteousness by God.

    Romans 4:3
    3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.


    So, yes, God does count our living by our faith as righteousness.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  3. #3
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,301
    Thanks
    738
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47791
    Those who continue to believe and teach that a mans faith is counted righteousness, then they fall into the snare of teaching that men are made righteous by a work of the law, or obedience to the law which contradicts the scripture Gal 2:21

    I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness ​come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  4. #4
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,301
    Thanks
    738
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47791
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    When believers in God live out their faith, this provides evidence of things that cannot be seen.

    Hebrews 11:1
    1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.


    We cannot see the righteousness of God, but the righteousness of God is revealed by the righteous living by their faith.

    Romans 1:17
    17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.


    Abraham was given the sign of circumcision as evidence of Abraham living by his faith.

    Romans 4:11-12
    11 And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:
    12 And the father of circumcision to them who are not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.


    Abraham lived by his faith and that was counted as Abraham's righteousness by God.

    Romans 4:3
    3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.


    So, yes, God does count our living by our faith as righteousness.
    This is a rabbit trail. Did you read my points carefully ?
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  5. #5
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523681
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Did you read my points carefully ?
    Your points do not match what the Bible teaches.
    I read the Bible carefully to make sure that I understand what it teaches.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  6. #6
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,301
    Thanks
    738
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47791
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Your points do not match what the Bible teaches.
    I read the Bible carefully to make sure that I understand what it teaches.
    We have nothing to discuss then

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  7. #7
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523681
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    We have nothing to discuss then
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  8. #8
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,301
    Thanks
    738
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47791
    Faith is Given to all whom God has imputed righteousness without works. In other words, all who have been accounted righteous for Christs sake will come to believe Rom 3:20-22

    20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

    21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

    22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

    Rom 4:24

    But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  9. #9
    Maranatha Nanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Motown
    Posts
    4,536
    Thanks
    2,555
    Thanked 888 Times in 855 Posts

    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    26543
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Faith is Given to all whom God has imputed righteousness without works. In other words, all who have been accounted righteous for Christs sake will come to believe Rom 3:20-22

    20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

    21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

    22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

    Rom 4:24

    But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

    Amen to #1, #3 and #8 !

    False religious teachers maintain that a person's own act of faith is his righteousness before God, which is totally contrary to the scriptures.

    Now the Justified ones that Christ Lived and Died for Rom. 5:19, because His Righteousness is their Righteousness 1 Cor 1:30, they shall come to know of it personally when it's revealed to God-given Faith Gal. 5:22 in New Birth [Born of the Spirit] and Hear the Gospel of their Salvation Eph. 1:13; Rom. 1:16-17: The Good News that Christ's Righteousness was imputed to them as a Free Gift Is. 53:6; Rom. 4:8, 24.
    My soul thirsts for God, the God Who Lives Forever:
    when shall I be brought in to see His Face? -Psalm 42:2

  10. #10
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,301
    Thanks
    738
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47791
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    Amen to #1, #3 and #8 !

    False religious teachers maintain that a person's own act of faith is his righteousness before God, which is totally contrary to the scriptures.

    Now the Justified ones that Christ Lived and Died for Rom. 5:19, because His Righteousness is their Righteousness 1 Cor 1:30, they shall come to know of it personally when it's revealed to God-given Faith Gal. 5:22 in New Birth [Born of the Spirit] and Hear the Gospel of their Salvation Eph. 1:13; Rom. 1:16-17: The Good News that Christ's Righteousness was imputed to them as a Free Gift Is. 53:6; Rom. 4:8, 24.
    Amen Sister !
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to beloved57 For Your Post:

    Nanja (February 8th, 2019)

  12. #11
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523681
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanja View Post
    False religious teachers maintain that a person's own act of faith is his righteousness before God, which is totally contrary to the scriptures.
    Some false religious teachers teach that a person's own act of faith is his righteousness before God, but that teaching will not damn anyone.

    Other false religious teachers teach that God predestined some people to be saved and predestined everyone else to go to hell, so there is no reason to believe in God or try to do what is right, and that teaching will damn everyone that believes it.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  13. #12
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,724
    Thanks
    1,086
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 621 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    531913
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Rom 4:5,9

    But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

    Cometh this blessedness then upon the circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness.

    Folks many deceivers and spiritually unlearned have taken scriptures like these and stated that they are teaching that a mans faith is counted to God as their righteousness. However thats not true, those scriptures teach that the object of ones Faith [ Christ] is their righteous. God given Faith reveals Christ as their righteousness. Paul wrote 1 Cor 1:30

    .30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

    Now how does one come to know if Christ has been made their righteousness of God ?

    God sends a Gospel message to them, wherein the righteousness of God [Christ] is revealed to their God given Faith Rom 1:16-17

    16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

    17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

    Now Faith cant be the believers righteousness when righteousness is being revealed to Faith, go figure !
    Yes, God does count a believer's faith righteousness. Faith is not produced by the believer. God gives it to him so he can believe.
    Because it is a gift, it is not a work.

    Faith is a commodity to possess which produces good works through belief.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

  14. #13
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,301
    Thanks
    738
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47791
    Quote Originally Posted by George Affleck View Post
    Yes, God does count a believer's faith righteousness. Faith is not produced by the believer. God gives it to him so he can believe.
    Because it is a gift, it is not a work.

    Faith is a commodity to possess which produces good works through belief.
    Error!

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  15. #14
    TOL Legend beloved57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    19,301
    Thanks
    738
    Thanked 2,849 Times in 2,751 Posts

    Blog Entries
    17
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    47791
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Some false religious teachers teach that a person's own act of faith is his righteousness before God, but that teaching will not damn anyone.

    Other false religious teachers teach that God predestined some people to be saved and predestined everyone else to go to hell, so there is no reason to believe in God or try to do what is right, and that teaching will damn everyone that believes it.
    Rabbit trail


    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
    preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
    called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
    a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

    Charles Spurgeon !

  16. #15
    TOL Subscriber George Affleck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Markham, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,724
    Thanks
    1,086
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 621 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    531913
    Quote Originally Posted by beloved57 View Post
    Error!

    Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
    Rom 3:28KJV
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us