Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am here for a purpose

God’s Chosen People

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.
    In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.

I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help either by helping me or by correcting my misguided view of them.
    Any suggestions or comments is welcome whether pro or con.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jamesdyson For Your Post:

George Affleck (February 4th, 2019)

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just making a post to make a post-- the magic number is 25

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just making a post to make a post-- the magic number is 24

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Israel will never change the name of their country to: Philistine. They are Israeli's, not Philistines. They don't listen to outsiders' sermons, but you can try preaching to them. I don't think they'll listen. Good luck with your headache from beating your head against that wall.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

genuineoriginal (February 6th, 2019)

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just making a post to make a post-- the magic number is 23

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Israel will never change the name of their country to: Philistine.
    It is not required, just a welcoming suggestion

They are Israeli's, not Philistines.
    Not Philistines, Palestinians & my bet is; if DNA checks were made they would be found one and the same

They don't listen to outsiders' sermons,
    American and European Jews are brothers and sisters, that should listen to them

but you can try preaching to them.
    Not me, I am not a preacher and even if I was they would not listen to me; but fellow Jews would get their ear

Good luck with your headache from beating your head against that wall.
    It's worth the pain (:-

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just making a post to make a post-- the magic number is 22

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just making a post to make a post-- the magic number is 21

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just making a post to make a post-- the magic number is 20

Thanks
    Thanked 1,079 Times in 640 Posts

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdyson View Post
    Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.
    Palestinians are Arabs.

Arabs do not want to be 'embraced'; least of all by their archenemy.
    If they did, they would begin by seeking peace.
    Religion is man's attempt to make himself acceptable to God. Christianity is God making man acceptable to Himself.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George Affleck For Your Post:

glorydaz (February 16th, 2019),steko (February 22nd, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 47,429 Times in 29,249 Posts

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

God’s Chosen People

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein. This includes the verses where the Lord talked directly to the Israelite people. In this one-way discussion the Lord laid out directives (commandments) for them to follow and the blessing they would get if they followed His suggestions. Personally, I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own, just as the Lord instructed them to do. I truly believe this “example” would create a wave of peace across the middle east.
    In closing I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”.

I believe God is now judging them for the last time. If they do not ask God for forgiveness and repent for their past deeds; then all will be lost.

I need your help either by helping me or by correcting my misguided view of them.
    Any suggestions or comments is welcome whether pro or con.
    Or, you could preach to the Palestinians to embrace Israel and leave the area named as it is since it was GOD that set up the name for the land and promised to restore the nation of Israel in that land.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tambora For Your Post:

betsy123 (May 29th, 2019),genuineoriginal (February 6th, 2019),glorydaz (February 16th, 2019),JudgeRightly (February 5th, 2019),steko (February 22nd, 2019)

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,014 Times in 7,465 Posts

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ... I would like to see the Israeli people change their ways by embracing the stranger (Palestinian) and treat them as one of their own ...
    you mean welcome them as citizens of israel?

According to Israel's Central Bureau of Statistics, the Arab population in 2013 was estimated at 1,658,000, representing 21% of the country's population. The majority of these identify themselves as Arab or Palestinian by nationality and Israeli by citizenship.

or perhaps by welcoming them into the government?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...of_the_Knesset

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (February 5th, 2019),steko (February 22nd, 2019)

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,299 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a personal attachment to the Old Testament and the verses contained therein.
    Then you are aware that the land belongs to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as an everlasting possession.

Genesis 17:8
    8 And I will give unto thee, and to thy seed after thee, the land wherein thou art a stranger, all the land of Canaan, for an everlasting possession; and I will be their God.

Deuteronomy 1:8
    8 Behold, I have set the land before you: go in and possess the land which the Lord sware unto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to give unto them and to their seed after them.

I want the Israeli’s to embrace the Palestinians as one of their own, dismantle the illegal settlements and change the name of their country from “Israel” to “Palestine”
    Why would you want the country of "Israel" to turn over their land to the Philistines?

Israel: Origins of the Name “Palestine”

the word Palestine ... was used to describe the inhabitants of the land to the northeast of Egypt - the Philistines.

In the 2nd century CE, the Romans crushed the revolt of Shimon Bar Kokhba (132 CE), during which Jerusalem and Judea were regained and the area of Judea was renamed Palaestina in an attempt to minimize Jewish identification with the land of Israel.

Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

19. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

steko (February 22nd, 2019)

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambora View Post
    Or, you could preach to the Palestinians to embrace Israel and leave the area named as it is since it was GOD that set up the name for the land and promised to restore the nation of Israel in that land.
    It was a promise that came with conditions. The Lord said; if you do this, I will bless you but if you do that I will curse you.

If you fail to see the difference you have blinded yourself of the truth

Journeyman
    Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Then you are aware that the land belongs to the descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob as an everlasting possession.
    Genesis 25:9 His sons Isaac and Ishmael buried him in the cave of Machpelah near Mamre, in the field of Ephron son of Zohar the Hittite,

Genesis 47:30 but when I rest with my fathers, carry me out of Egypt and bury me [ Israel ] where they are buried." "I will do as you say," he said. ;

Genesis 49:31 There Abraham and his wife Sarah were buried, there Isaac and his wife Rebekah were buried, and there I buried Leah.

Genesis 50:10 And they came to the threshingfloor of Atad, which is beyond Jordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation:

Genesis 50:13 For his sons carried him [ Israel ] into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the cave of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a buryingplace of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

Genesis 50:14 After burying his father, Joseph returned to Egypt, together with his brothers and all the others who had gone with him to bury his father.

The Israeli's claim the land they now occupy the homeland of the Israelites while their great leaders were buried elsewhere; Israel, Isaac, Rebekah, Abraham, Leah and Sarah were not buried in the land we now call "Israel" but in a land called Canaan which was beyond the Jordan river.
    Why is there such a disconnect from biblical history and the occupied land of today?

You bury your great leaders in your own homeland
    Which Is Not the land falsely called “Israel” today
    The truth will set you free

Thread Information