User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 149

Thread: The Wall WILL Be Built

  1. #46
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,458
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,043 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    401810
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    Real Clear Politics is a joke just like your posts are. I use real border agents.

    Border Patrol Chief: 'We Certainly Need a Wall, Any Agent Will Tell You That'
    Well, let's go take a look at what real border patrol agents say, then...

    What Border Agents Say They Want (It’s Not a Wall)
    WASHINGTON — President Trump has called for a wall along the border with Mexico to stop undocumented immigrants and drugs from entering the United States. But Border Patrol agents on the front lines say they need more technology and additional personnel to curb the illegal traffic, according to a report released on Thursday by Democrats on the Senate Homeland Security Committee.

    The report was based on internal Customs and Border Protection documents from the 2017 fiscal year. It concluded that less than one half of 1 percent of the agents’ suggestions to secure the Southwest border mentioned the need for a wall.
    ...
    The documents show that the Border Patrol identified what it called 902 “capability gaps,” or vulnerabilities, on the Southwest border. The word “wall” was suggested as a possible solution for just three of those gaps.

    Agents mentioned a “fence” or “fencing” as a possible solution 34 times — less than 4 percent of the 902 vulnerabilities identified, the report found.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/u...democrats.html

    Looks like the men and women who actually patrol the border don't agree with the boss. Isn't that an important clue for you?

    Border Patrol Officer Shows Trump Why a Wall Won't Work


    Is it any wonder that a large majority if Americans don't want the wall built?
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  2. #47
    Over 5000 post club CatholicCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,676
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 762 Times in 626 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    189273
    More gobbledygook

    "God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." - Pope Francis

  3. #48
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,458
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,043 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    401810
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    Border Patrol Chief: 'We Certainly Need a Wall, Any Agent Will Tell You That'
    Apparently, they won't. At least, as you learned, they didn't.

    Only a tiny percentage of them indicated a fence or a wall would be useful.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  4. #49
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,886
    Thanks
    3,811
    Thanked 9,323 Times in 6,920 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147777
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    .... a wall won't do anything.

    so, you won't mind if i come over to your house and take your walls?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    glorydaz (February 6th, 2019)

  6. #50
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,458
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,043 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    401810
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    so, you won't mind if i come over to your house and take your walls?
    I don't have walls around my property. I have a fence.

    But as you learned, experienced border patrol officers who actually spend time patrolling our border, realize walls and fences aren't effective and said so:

    What Border Agents Say They Want (It’s Not a Wall)
    WASHINGTON — President Trump has called for a wall along the border with Mexico to stop undocumented immigrants and drugs from entering the United States. But Border Patrol agents on the front lines say they need more technology and additional personnel to curb the illegal traffic, according to a report released on Thursday by Democrats on the Senate Homeland Security Committee.

    The report was based on internal Customs and Border Protection documents from the 2017 fiscal year. It concluded that less than one half of 1 percent of the agents’ suggestions to secure the Southwest border mentioned the need for a wall.
    ...
    The documents show that the Border Patrol identified what it called 902 “capability gaps,” or vulnerabilities, on the Southwest border. The word “wall” was suggested as a possible solution for just three of those gaps.

    Agents mentioned a “fence” or “fencing” as a possible solution 34 times — less than 4 percent of the 902 vulnerabilities identified, the report found.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/22/u...democrats.html


    Do you suppose they have houses with walls? Maybe so. Could it be that they realize wall won't do anything for border security, but are a good idea for houses?

    I bet that's why only three percent mentioned walls as a good idea to keep out illegal aliens. Do you suppose that's why?
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  7. #51
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,886
    Thanks
    3,811
    Thanked 9,323 Times in 6,920 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147777
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    .... a wall won't do anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    so, you won't mind if i come over to your house and take your walls?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I don't have walls ...
    oh, i'll bet you do - i'll bet you have walls in your house, walls in your garage, walls in your garden shed and doghouse...

  8. #52
    Over 5000 post club CatholicCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,676
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 762 Times in 626 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    189273
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I don't have walls around my property. I have a fence. .......
    Its the same thing you awesome genius. LOL. What a Maroon!

    (The Barbarian says) Duhhh, fences work but walls don't work. Duhhhh. I read the New York Times. Duhhhhh.

    Walls are immoral but killing babies is okay. Duhhhhhh. Mommy can I have a juice? Duhhhhhhh

    Last edited by CatholicCrusader; February 8th, 2019 at 03:23 PM.

    "God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." - Pope Francis

  9. #53
    Over 5000 post club CatholicCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,676
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 762 Times in 626 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    189273
    Walls Work
    https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work

    How effective is this new border wall? On Sunday, when a violent mob of 1,000 people stormed our Southern border, we found the newly constructed portions of the wall to be very effective. In the area of the breach, a group of people tore a hole in the old landing mat fence constructed decades ago and pushed across the border. U.S. Border Patrol agents who responded to the area ultimately dispersed the crowd, which had become assaultive, and apprehended several individuals. All of the individuals were either apprehended or retreated into Mexico. That evening, the fence was repaired. There were no breaches along the newly constructed border wall areas

    "God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." - Pope Francis

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to CatholicCrusader For Your Post:

    ok doser (February 7th, 2019)

  11. #54
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,458
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,043 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    401810
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    Walls are immoral but killing babies is okay.
    If you want to kill babies, why do you claim to be a Catholic? And why would you think wall are immoral?

    It's like saying guns are evil. Evil people use them, sometimes for evil purposes, but neither walls nor guns are immoral.

    If you're a Catholic, you're not a very good one.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  12. #55
    Over 5000 post club CatholicCrusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    5,676
    Thanks
    512
    Thanked 762 Times in 626 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    189273
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    If you want to kill babies, why do you claim to be a Catholic? And why would you think wall are immoral?.....
    Wow. You really are that ignorant aren't you. That was YOU saying that killing babies is okay, not me. Take a remedial reading class you genius.

    "God never gives someone a gift they are not capable of receiving. If he gives us the gift of Christmas, it is because we all have the ability to understand and receive it." - Pope Francis

  13. #56
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,886
    Thanks
    3,811
    Thanked 9,323 Times in 6,920 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147777
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    Wow. You really are that ignorant aren't you. That was YOU saying that killing babies is okay, not me. Take a remedial reading class you genius.
    he's trolling you

    and you took the bait

  14. #57
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,458
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,043 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    401810
    Quote Originally Posted by CatholicCrusader View Post
    Wow. You really are that ignorant aren't you. That was YOU saying that killing babies is okay, not me.
    Nope. Never said that at all. I'm pro-life. You've obviously gotten me confused with someone else.

    Take a remedial reading class you genius.
    Calm yourself, and go take a look. You messed up. If you're not in favor of abortion, then neither of us is. And that's O.K.
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

  15. #58
    Over 5000 post club WizardofOz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,318
    Thanks
    2,113
    Thanked 2,530 Times in 1,418 Posts

    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1363017
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    he's trolling you

    and you took the bait
    He gets set off waaaaay too easy. A while back he PM'd me his address so I'd come have a thumb war with him or something

    I should send him a care package
    Cause I care
    “To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”

    ― Theodore Roosevelt

    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

  16. #59
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    964
    Thanks
    79
    Thanked 68 Times in 59 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    oh, puhlease. It takes a lot of effort to dig under a wall. Next will be food stamps and welfare for illegals getting cut.

  17. #60
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,458
    Thanks
    195
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,043 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    401810
    Chairman Michael McCaul (R-Texas) concluded in 2013 that “it would be an inefficient use of taxpayer money to complete the fence,” but he gave no indication of how he evaluated the costs and benefits. A 2016 Migration Policy Institute review of the impact of walls and fences around the world turned up no academic literature specifically on the deterrent effect of physical barriers relative to other technologies or strategies, and concluded somewhat vaguely that walls appear to be “relatively ineffective.”
    https://www.cato.org/publications/co...wall-wont-work
    Let's say that I suffer from a delusion. I will call this delusion "Fact-check Syndrome." I respond by citing facts.

    Most people online don't want to be corrected. They do not care about anything that does not agree with them.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us