User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Principles of Spiritual Growth

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 3,366 Posts

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    My understanding is that those in the Body of Christ will partake in the "reign" mentioned in the book of Revelation:

"And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth" (Rev.5:10).

From the time when living saints will meet the Lord Jesus in the air those in the Body of Christ will forever be with the Lord Jesus (1 Thess.4:17). So when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth to reign from the throne of David all those in the Body of Christ will be with Him and will reign with Him (Rev.3:21).

It will be at that time when those in the Body will judge the world (1 Cor.6:2).
    No. Kings and preists belong to the Kingdom dispensation, not the Body of Christ. Our calling is Heavenly and our citizenship is there. It is Israel who will inheret the Earth.

"The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

glorydaz (February 19th, 2019),Right Divider (February 19th, 2019)

Seated in the heavenly places at God's right hand, in Him!
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,367 Times in 3,366 Posts

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    You're reading a word (dispensation) as meaning that a time of NO SUCH THING AS GOD MOVING WITH ANY POWER, rather than as meaning that Paul was told to preach The Gospel to those who need God's Grace and Mercy.
    Aimiel,

Why Paul?

Where the Twelve not trained by the Lord Himself and then specifically told to go and preach the gospel?

The Twelve had barely gotten started and were extraordinarily enthusiastic and even indwelt by the Holy Spirit Himself, so where is the need for a thirteenth Apostle? And why would they have agreed with Paul to dispense with the great commission and remain in Jerusalem while he (Paul) went to the rest of the world? Also, what is the difference between the Gospel of The Circumcision and the Gospel of Uncircumcision? (Gal. 2:6-9).

Lastly, what does this passage mean...

Matthew 10:23 When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Why didn't Jesus' prophecy come to pass?

Clete

"The [open view] is an attempt to provide a more Biblically faithful, rationally coherent, and practically satisfying account of God and the divine-human relationship..." - Dr. John Sanders

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Clete For Your Post:

glorydaz (February 19th, 2019),Right Divider (February 19th, 2019),way 2 go (February 19th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,652 Times in 5,666 Posts

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Clete View Post
    Our calling is Heavenly and our citizenship is there.
    The calling of those who received the book of Hebrews was also heavenly:

"Wherefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our profession, Christ Jesus" (Heb.3:1).

And since the Jews who believed in the Lord Jesus were born of God (Jn.1:11-13) then their citizenship is also in heaven. Besides that, the Jews who lived under the law received this everlasting life in heaven by faith and faith alone, as witnessed by the following words of the Lord Jesus:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (Jn.6:47).

It is Israel who will inheret the Earth.
    From the time when living saints will meet the Lord Jesus in the air those in the Body of Christ will forever be with the Lord Jesus (1 Thess.4:17). So when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth to reign from the throne of David all those in the Body of Christ will be with Him and will reign with Him (Rev.3:21).

It will be at that time when those in the Body will judge the world (1 Cor.6:2).

Then when the Messianic kingdom comes to an end that kingdom will be delivered up to the Father (1 Cor.15:24) and all believers will be transferred to the heavenly kingdom, the kingdom where people in their flesh and blood bodies cannot enter (1 Cor.15:50).

According to your ideas when the Lord Jesus returns to the earth those in the body of Christ will not be with Him even though Paul says that they will be with Him forever after meeting Him in the air.

Thanks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Try reading Hebrews 11, and then tell me what you see.
    I see nothing there which contradict the following words of the Lord Jesus spoken to the Jews who lived under the law that only "faith" was required for their salvation:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
    (Jn.6:47).

If it took more than faith for the Jews who lived under the law to be saved then why would the Lord Jesus tell them that His words are spirit and they are life?:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life"
    (Jn.6:63).

I see nothing in Hebrews 11 which proves that it took more than His words to be saved. But according to your strange ideas the words of the Lord Jesus were not enough to bring life to those who believed because His words were insufficient by themselves to bring life to the Jews who lived under the law.

The Jews who lived under the law were born of God when they believed in the Lord Jesus:

"He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God"
    (Jn.1:11-13).

If we are to believe your misguided ideas we must throw our reason to the wind and somehow trick our mind into believing that even though they were born of God they were not yet saved.

You may not like it, but the Jews knew exactly what was expected of them.

James 2:21-22 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? 22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
    You overlook what James wrote in the first chapter because he made it plain that faith is sufficient for salvation:

"Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures" (Jas.1:18).

Of course the Jews who lived under the law knew exactly what was expected of them in order to be saved because the Savior Himself told them the following:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life"
    (Jn.6:47).

You think that you know more about salvation that the Savior Himself knows!

Thanks
    Thanked 39,307 Times in 19,575 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If more than faith was required from the Jews who lived under the law then why did the Lord Jesus mention only "believing" as the only requirement to receive everlasting life?:
    Because He was speaking to circumcised people who were offering sacrifices for their sins according to the Law. What they lacked was faith. Heb. 4:2

Thanks

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because He was speaking to circumcised people who were offering sacrifices for their sins according to the Law. What they lacked was faith. Heb. 4:2
    So you are saying that in order to be saved the Jews had to offer sacrifices as well as believe?

If that is true then why did the Lord Jesus say that it is His words which are spirit and are life?:

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).

According to your ideas the words of the Lord Jesus were not enough to bring spiritual life to those who believed because His words were insufficient by themselves to bring spiritual life to the Jews who lived under the law.

You also failed to address the fact that the Jews who lived under the law were "born of God" when they believed in His name:

"He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the children of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God"
    (Jn.1:11-13).

Do you deny that once a Jew was born of God he was saved?

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So according to you God gives all people faith but despite that not all people have faith.
    Actually, it's according to Scripture:

For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness; because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

God has shown everyone, but not everyone accepts knowledge of God or holds to faith in God. Many reject Him, whom God refers to as fools.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aimiel,

Why Paul?

Where the Twelve not trained by the Lord Himself and then specifically told to go and preach the gospel?
    I believe The Great Commission is for the whole Body of Christ.
    Matthew 10:23 When they persecute you in this city, flee to another. For assuredly, I say to you, you will not have gone through the cities of Israel before the Son of Man comes.

Why didn't Jesus' prophecy come to pass?

Clete
    I believe it did, for each of them. I don't believe that a single one of the apostles went to all the cities of Jerusalem before they were martyred.
    "Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." -- Amos 3:7

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? Were all those things done on the quiet, you think?
    I don't see any such miracles or any of the acts of the apostles reported in any history books, no. It's Christians who did such works and they're not for a show, it's God's Sovereign Will these things take place under.
    Paul did not say those things would continue, and we don't see them continuing.
    He didn't say that they wouldn't. Seeing isn't believing. Believing is seeing.
    We may call the saints together to pray for the sick...I'll grant you that.
    It's laying hands upon the sick believing that they'll recover that brings healing.
    But, no healers to get any glory.
    Amen.
    We have the Scripture for our knowledge and wisdom.
    God didn't write about every soul in His Word. He gave us the ability to move in His Gifts to bring to each individual what is needful as He wills. His Gifts and Ministries are for all.
    We have no need for some man to claim he has a word from the Lord.
    Okay. They're there, on the table in front of you, you don't have to have them; but they're there, nonetheless.
    We have a direct line through the Spirit via the Holy Bible.
    Getting a Word from God or moving in His Power or Authority has no comparison on this earth. If you haven't experienced it: you haven't lived.
    Teachers use the Scripture.
    So do Apostles, Prophets, Pastors and Evangelists.
    We have no prophets predicting the future.
    Prophets don't predict. They speak forth Words from The Lord. Sometimes they're taken at face-value, sometimes they're tossed aside.
    The only ones who cast out demons are the Catholics and they have enough demons on their own payroll.
    I've cast out demons, but I'm not Catholic. I've also given prophecies, words of knowledge and done many things you wouldn't believe, even if you saw them with your own eyes. Looking down on the moves of The Holy Spirit isn't how you come to The Lord or begin to grow your faith and begin to do His Works. You can stay behind and believe what little of His Word you've accepted and follow the doctrines you think hold Truth; I'll keep going where The Lord leads me and following His Spirit.

Thanks
    Thanked 39,307 Times in 19,575 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    I've cast out demons, but I'm not Catholic. I've also given prophecies, words of knowledge and done many things you wouldn't believe, even if you saw them with your own eyes.
    And RIGHT THERE, Aimiel, is the boasting that Paul says is EXCLUDED by the Law of Faith.

And it's exactly why signs and wonders are strictly for a particular period of time.

Thread Information