User Tag List

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 172

Thread: Dangerously Cold Record Low Temps

  1. #61
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,299 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523682
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Does carbon dioxide absorb infrared radiation?

    NASA Debunks Global Warming Theory

    NASA has known since 1971 that a runaway greenhouse effect is impossible.

    And the US government has understood that global warming theory is nonsense, since the year Bernie Sanders was born.

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  2. #62
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,833
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 3,232 Times in 2,180 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415234
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post

    CO2 Forgetting To Trap Heat In The Arctic

    Last year, temperatures were not as cold as they usually are near the North Pole. This was blamed on CO2 trapping heat.

    This year, temperatures are very cold near the North Pole. Apparently CO2 is getting lazy with its heat trapping capabilities.

    CO2 appears to be a very fickle gas.

    Doesn't seem so. Last year was one of the top five hottest years on record.
    https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/t...LB.Ts+dSST.txt

    Someone's playing you again.
    This message is hidden because ...

  3. #63
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,833
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 3,232 Times in 2,180 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415234
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post

    NASA Debunks Global Warming Theory

    NASA has known since 1971 that a runaway greenhouse effect is impossible.

    And the US government has understood that global warming theory is nonsense, since the year Bernie Sanders was born.

    It doesn't say what you claim it does. You've been played yet again.
    This message is hidden because ...

  4. #64
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,833
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 3,232 Times in 2,180 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415234
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Local temperatures can be measured and the unaltered historical data can be used to determine whether the local temperatures are changing.
    There are no measurements for historical "global temperature" to use to determine whether the "global temperature" is changing.
    The averages are based on local temperature readings. They lied to you, again.
    This message is hidden because ...

  5. #65
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,299 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523682
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Someone's playing you again.
    You trying to play me doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    You've been played yet again.
    You trying to play me is still not working.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    They lied to you, again.
    You really should stop lying, because it is still not working.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    ok doser (February 1st, 2019)

  7. #66
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25,592
    Thanks
    4,171
    Thanked 9,747 Times in 7,258 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147786
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    You trying to play me doesn't work.

    You trying to play me is still not working.

    You really should stop lying, because it is still not working.


    i reported him for trolling


    wish he'd just go away

  8. #67
    Over 2000 post club User Name's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    2,286
    Thanks
    554
    Thanked 496 Times in 352 Posts

    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    234182
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    Don't forget that the historical temperature data is being tampered with to make it appear that the temperatures are increasing when they are actually decreasing.
    How does the claim that temperatures "are actually decreasing" comport with the fact that hardiness zones are moving north, hmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to User Name For Your Post:

    Rusha (February 3rd, 2019)

  10. #68
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,833
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 3,232 Times in 2,180 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415234
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    How does the claim that temperatures "are actually decreasing" comport with the fact that hardiness zones are moving north, hmm?
    It's those liberal democrat daisys, I tell you!!!
    This message is hidden because ...

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Rusha (February 3rd, 2019)

  12. #69
    Rookie DarkAsylum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    5658
    and i thought i was freezing here in scotland

  13. #70
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,833
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 3,232 Times in 2,180 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415234
    (genuineoriginal discovers that he was lied to about corrections to data)



    The red is the data before the last correction. The black is after the last correction. Notice that they are almost identical, and both of them show what you want to deny.

    No way to escape it.
    This message is hidden because ...

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Rusha (February 3rd, 2019),User Name (February 2nd, 2019)

  15. #71
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,803
    Thanks
    499
    Thanked 12,521 Times in 8,888 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147849
    Barbarian discovers that he can read minds.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    glorydaz (February 2nd, 2019),JudgeRightly (February 2nd, 2019),ok doser (February 2nd, 2019)

  17. #72
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,833
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 3,232 Times in 2,180 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415234
    I just realized that genuineoriginal switched a United States temperature record for the world temperature record.

    The man-made dust bowl led to higher temperatures in the United States, but it didn't affect the world temperatures very much.

    I suspect he never noticed the switch, and was just passing on someone else's dishonesty.
    This message is hidden because ...

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Rusha (February 3rd, 2019)

  19. #73
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,803
    Thanks
    499
    Thanked 12,521 Times in 8,888 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147849
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    I just realized that genuineoriginal switched a United States temperature record for the world temperature record.The man-made dust bowl led to higher temperatures in the United States, but it didn't affect the world temperatures very much.I suspect he never noticed the switch, and was just passing on someone else's dishonesty.
    Nobody else noticed. Must be just you making things up again. Unless you're going to explain yourself.

    ...



    ...

    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  20. #74
    TOL Legend The Barbarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    9,833
    Thanks
    231
    Thanked 3,232 Times in 2,180 Posts

    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    415234
    Barbarian observes:
    I just realized that genuineoriginal switched a United States temperature record for the world temperature record.

    The man-made dust bowl led to higher temperatures in the United States, but it didn't affect the world temperatures very much.

    I suspect he never noticed the switch, and was just passing on someone else's dishonesty.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Nobody else noticed. Must be just you making things up again. Unless you're going to explain yourself.
    Look here:

    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    The heating from the dust bowl didn't make much of an impact on global temperatures, however, which is why the guys who fed that graph to him presented it. He apparently never noticed the caption.
    This message is hidden because ...

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to The Barbarian For Your Post:

    Rusha (February 3rd, 2019)

  22. #75
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,803
    Thanks
    499
    Thanked 12,521 Times in 8,888 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147849
    Quote Originally Posted by The Barbarian View Post
    Barbarian observes:
    But nobody is allowed to know what you saw...

    I just realized that genuineoriginal switched a United States temperature record for the world temperature record.
    But you won't explain your discovery. I guess you'll just have to pretend everyone knows what you're talking about.

    I suspect he never noticed the switch, and was just passing on someone else's dishonesty.
    I suspect your inner troll is dancing again.

    Look here:
    Great. Great help.

    The heating from the dust bowl didn't make much of an impact on global temperatures, however, which is why the guys who fed that graph to him presented it. He apparently never noticed the caption.
    He never noticed, but he's dishonest.

    Nah. I think we'll stick with the "observation" that you are trolling again.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (February 3rd, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us