User Tag List

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 71415161718192027 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 480

Thread: Why Stop At Birth?

  1. #241
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,792
    Thanks
    33,339
    Thanked 8,420 Times in 5,385 Posts

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147634
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Not a "substantive comment". JFYI
    Neither is this, so what's your point?

  2. #242
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147831
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Ectopic pregnancies are survivable, and have been for some time now.

    http://www.personhoodinitiative.com/...pregnancy.html
    I have to question the veracity of that article, but will certainly check into it further.

  3. #243
    Super Moderator JudgeRightly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    On the road
    Posts
    9,792
    Thanks
    33,339
    Thanked 8,420 Times in 5,385 Posts

    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147634
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I have to question the veracity of that article, but will certainly check into it further.
    Also this... http://americanrtl.org/life-of-the-mother-exception

  4. #244
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147831
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Neither is this, so what's your point?

    My "point" is that it looks like the rules may be changing again, and I want to be up to speed.
    Do you blame me for wanting to know what is allowable and what isn't?

    Am I not allowed to make observations about possible rule violations?
    Am I forbidden to warn others of possible rule violations?

    I speak of Truster's warning.
    How is his post any different ....what makes it NOT SUBSTANTIVE?

    How can we post here unless we understand the RULES?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    Arthur Brain (March 14th, 2019)

  6. #245
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,835
    Thanks
    503
    Thanked 12,564 Times in 8,906 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147849
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Unless, of course, a case like you already mentioned....an ectopic pregnancy where the baby is growing in the fallopian tube. That is obviously a case of the life of the mother being endangered and no hope for the baby, either.
    Babies survive ectopic pregnancies. It might be more common to survive that situation than not.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 13th, 2019)

  8. #246
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147831
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Look a little further... http://americanrtl.org/files/docs/Jo...transplant.pdf

    "Does it not look possible..." he says, that baby that begins in the tube can be transplanted into the uterus.

    Anything is possible...flying without an airplane might seem possible, too.

  9. #247
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147831
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Babies survive ectopic pregnancies. It might be more common to survive that situation than not.
    How? There is no room to grow in a fallopian tube. Transplant them to the uterus? I'm not seeing any documented cases of that being done.

  10. #248
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,835
    Thanks
    503
    Thanked 12,564 Times in 8,906 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147849
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    How? There is no room to grow in a fallopian tube. Transplant them to the uterus? I'm not seeing any documented cases of that being done.
    Not sure how. They can survive without help. Even undiagnosed.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    glorydaz (March 13th, 2019),JudgeRightly (March 14th, 2019)

  12. #249
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147831
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Not sure how. They can survive without help. Even undiagnosed.
    There are two or three examples of a baby growing outside the womb... the abdominal cavity, for instance, when the women didn't even know they were pregnant. They had no pain from a baby trying to grow in the fallopian tube that would inevitable rupture.

    I'd say "undiagnosed" equates to lack of symptoms of pregnancy, and those were so rare that they shouldn't even be brought up as an example in the anti abortion argument. They are flat out flukes. Period.

    So, are we so desperate to stand against abortion that we dare to suggest ectopic pregnancies must be endured by a woman in spite of the facts? I certainly hope not.

  13. #250
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,835
    Thanks
    503
    Thanked 12,564 Times in 8,906 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147849
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Are we so desperate to stand against abortion that we dare to suggest ectopic pregnancies must be endured by a woman in spite of the facts? I certainly hope not.
    Nobody has said that.

    Furthermore, the ectopic pregnancy argument is raised by people trying to defend late-term abortion.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    glorydaz (March 13th, 2019),JudgeRightly (March 14th, 2019)

  15. #251
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147831
    Quote Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
    Nobody has said that.
    Good, I'm glad to hear that.

    Furthermore, the ectopic pregnancy argument is raised by people trying to defend late-term abortion.
    Then that just shows how stupid they are. Just scoff at them.

  16. #252
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,835
    Thanks
    503
    Thanked 12,564 Times in 8,906 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147849
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    Good, I'm glad to hear that.
    I think the important thing is that abortion is seen as the answer to ectopic pregnancies when medical investigation and advance might save these mothers and kids.

    However, pro-aborts only have an eye for justifying childkilling.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 14th, 2019)

  18. #253
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JudgeRightly View Post
    Saying it doesn't make it so.



    Doesn't change the fact that it's a baby.

    Listen to yourself. Even you call it a child.

    Abortion is wrong because it's a baby, and it's always wrong to kill a baby.



    There are no valid reasons.

    If you think otherwise, feel free to name some.
    So, if a fetus becomes a danger to the mother, she should risk her life to carry it to term? Are you serious?

    Also, at a larger scale, if you neither condone contraceptives nor legalized abortions for unwanted children, how do you ever implement population control? We have grown to 7 billion on this planet AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER SPECIES!! Numerous species have gone extinct just in the last century as a direct result of human overbreeding. And right-wingers just seem to want to preach abstinence and wash their hands off addressing the actual problem. Help the beings that are already born!

  19. #254
    Toxic Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    18,835
    Thanks
    503
    Thanked 12,564 Times in 8,906 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147849
    Quote Originally Posted by Amyrich View Post
    So, if a fetus becomes a danger to the mother, she should risk her life to carry it to term?
    Try reading the thread before reacting.

    Also, at a larger scale, if you neither condone contraceptives nor legalized abortions for unwanted children, how do you ever implement population control?
    We don't.

    Keep the easy questions coming. They're, well, easy.

    We have grown to 7 billion on this planet AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER SPECIES!!
    What's taken us so long?

    That's a rhetorical question. It's Darwinists, socialists and pro-aborts who have retarded the human population.

    Help the beings that are already born!
    And you want to kill the unborn.
    Last edited by Stripe; March 14th, 2019 at 07:32 AM.
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 14th, 2019)

  21. #255
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    25,612
    Thanks
    4,173
    Thanked 9,753 Times in 7,263 Posts

    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147787
    Quote Originally Posted by Amyrich View Post
    So, if a fetus becomes a danger to the mother, she should risk her life to carry it to term? Are you serious?
    if a baby is in a burning house and the mother would have to put herself at risk to rescue it, do you think she would hesitate? Are you serious?

    Also, at a larger scale, if you neither condone contraceptives
    nobody has mentioned contraceptives in this thread so far

    nor legalized abortions for unwanted children
    of course we don't condone legalized murder of children, regardless of whether they are wanted or not


    @Amyrich

    if a mother decides she no longer wants to be burdened with an infant or a toddler, should she be allowed to kill it?

    if not, why not?



    , how do you ever implement population control?
    by raising the standard of living


    We have grown to 7 billion on this planet AT THE EXPENSE OF OTHER SPECIES!!
    some have benefited, some haven't

    Numerous species have gone extinct just in the last century as a direct result of human overbreeding.
    cite?

    And right-wingers just seem to want to preach abstinence
    is there any reason not to consider abstinence?

    and wash their hands off addressing the actual problem.
    explain

    Help the beings that are already born!
    human beings?

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (March 14th, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us