Thread: Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    This is not surprising. You and I don't see Scriptures the same, and both of us believe the other's doctrine is in error.

The significant difference between our doctrines is, I have clear, simple and direct ... statements, explanations and preaching .. of my "Jesus".

You do not.

You have a few verses that are worded in a way you can twist, and convince yourself that there is Scriptural support for your "Jesus".

Like I said, this is NOT surprising, the Scriptures foretold this situation about 2,000 years ago;

2 Cor 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Matt 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Acts 20:28-31 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
    29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
    30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
    31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

2 Thess 2:1-4 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
    2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
    3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

If it props your crutch up, keep telling yourself that. I won't change your disrespect for God the Son.

On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    If it props your crutch up, keep telling yourself that. I won't change your disrespect for God the Son.
    There is no mention of any "God the Son" in the Bible, but there is a Son of God that you seem to reject.
    Learn to read what is written.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks
    Thanked 40,117 Times in 20,053 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So are you going to ignore the teachings of Jesus with this pathetic attempt to EXPLAIN AWAY what Jesus plainly taught??
    Your arrogance is palpable!
    Too bad you are blind to what our Lord accomplished on the Cross. He is the END OF THE LAW FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS for those who believe.

Romans 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

That means, the law has no more dominion over us. Our righteousness comes from FAITH in our Lord's work on the cross...NOT from our attempts to be righteous.

Back to Christianity 101 for you.

Jesus was given his God's spirit, and could judge the intents of the heart. You are NOT able to know other's hearts. You are in arrogance and pride disobeying Christ's clear teachings.
    Of course.
    Sounds to me like you're calling me a "FOOL". You bad bad boy you.

The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Christ is the same Holy Spirit. A member of the Godhead.

Your verses in Acts 13 agree completely with my statement; He turned aside from the Jews that accused His son of claiming to be God.
    In other words...they accused Jesus Christ of claiming to be God....which is why He turned from them to the Gentiles, who did believe He is God.

Think about it. If God turned away from the Jews who "accused His son of claiming to be God", then God should be happy with them for seeing through the LIE you accuse Him of.

This is where it pays to think before you let your mouth run away while you flail helplessly behind.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

7djengo7 (February 14th, 2019),JudgeRightly (February 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    In other words...they accused Jesus Christ of claiming to be God....which is why He turned from them to the Gentiles, who did believe He is God.
    That is not a good argument.

Modern Christians claim that God turned away from the children of Israel for their failure to keep the commandments...and that God turned to the Gentiles who refuse to keep the commandments.

_____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    That is not a good argument.
    I was rewording his argument....which is not a good argument.

Modern Christians claim that God turned away from the children of Israel for their failure to keep the commandments...and that God turned to the Gentiles who refuse to keep the commandments.
    I've never heard that argument either.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

7djengo7 (February 14th, 2019),JudgeRightly (February 11th, 2019),way 2 go (February 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've never heard that argument either.
    They usually don't phrase it like that.

_____
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They usually don't phrase it like that.
    LOL Well, none of the believers that I've even know have thought that.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

7djengo7 (February 14th, 2019),JudgeRightly (February 11th, 2019),way 2 go (February 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Well, none of the believers that I've even know have thought that.
    Dispensationalists do not really understand what they teach about keeping the commandments.

_____
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good ..... so far.
    Nope, it proves Jesus is Lord.
    I don't follow. Jesus is The Holy Spirit. He spoke to Paul and you want to pretend it is meaningless.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

God's Truth (February 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you saying the Risen Lord is the Holy Spirit?
    Who was Paul speaking to? It wasn't an angel. It was The Spirit of The Living God. They are One.
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

God's Truth (February 11th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Who was Paul speaking to? It wasn't an angel. It was The Spirit of The Living God. They are One.
    Who also happens to be the Spirit of the Risen Lord, so in that sense you're correct. I guess.

There is still distinction in their Oneness, and Paul addresses Him as Lord..."I am Jesus..."

Acts 9:5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

I think we have to be careful to keep their distinctness intact...as we see here.

Acts 9:17 And Ananias went his way, and entered into the house; and putting his hands on him said, Brother Saul, the Lord, even Jesus, that appeared unto thee in the way as thou camest, hath sent me, that thou mightest receive thy sight, and be filled with the Holy Ghost.

But, I haven't been following this thread very closely, so maybe you've addressed that already.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dispensationalists do not really understand what they teach about keeping the commandments.
    Of course they do. Perhaps you don't really understand what they teach.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (February 11th, 2019),way 2 go (February 11th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,373 Times in 774 Posts

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both passages are past tense.
    "He also DID predestinate" is past, not future.
    "before the ages" isn't future! It's WAY past.

your choice of rebuttal is aggressive ignorance therefore I believe you have no evidence of what you claim

this still stands.
    both future tense no where dose it say that Christians had glory before the world existed
    underline , highlight all you want doesn't say what you want it to say.

You are so desperate to cling to your distortion of John 17:5, that you are utterly blind.
    no evidence of what you claim.

this still stands.
    Jesus existed in glory before the world existed,
    Jesus was not in that glory ,
    Jesus was saying glorify me with the glory that I had before the world existed

Joh 17:5 And now, Father, glorify me in your own presence with the glory that I had with you before the world existed.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to way 2 go For Your Post:

7djengo7 (February 14th, 2019),glorydaz (February 11th, 2019),JudgeRightly (February 11th, 2019)

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    Yes, it was the angel Jesus Christ which would still have a body and would not be just spirit.
    Matthew 22:30-31 ; Luke 20:36 ; Mark 12:25

Further Abraham, Isaac and Jacob didn't need the blood of Christ and were already woke from the dead. And since Christ was given a body like theirs, he could not have been god.

BANNED
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mat 27:53
    And came out of the graves after his resurrection (ie. his awakening), and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

I don't know where it says we are to have a body like Christ in the New Testament, but it will be like the one described in revelation.

Thread Information