Thanks
    Thanked 40,132 Times in 20,063 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    And this one fancies himself a comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    You get much wrong here...why not that as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by clefty View Post
    Tortured forever without dying and going to hell but remaining there in Jerusalem burning today...? I mean using your logic?
    So you're saying you don't fancy yourself a comedian?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (January 28th, 2019)

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!
    John 8:58
    Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am.”

John 18:4-8
    Then Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them, “Whom do you seek?” They answered him, “Jesus of Nazareth.” Jesus said to them, “I Am.” Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them. When Jesus said to them, “I Am,” they drew back and fell to the ground. So he asked them again, “Whom do you seek?” And they said, “Jesus of Nazareth.” Jesus answered, “I told you that I Am. So, if you seek me, let these men go.”

Exodus 3:14
    God said to Moses, “I Am who I Am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I Am has sent me to you.’”

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MennoSota For Your Post:

7djengo7 (January 29th, 2019),Aimiel (January 28th, 2019),glorydaz (January 28th, 2019),JudgeRightly (January 28th, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 8,106 Times in 5,153 Posts

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by way 2 go View Post
    good thing you told him , I don' think he would have got it.
    You have more hope for him than I do.

I still don't think he'll get it, even though it's plain as day, and even though GD explained it to him so well. :bravo:

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JudgeRightly For Your Post:

7djengo7 (January 29th, 2019),glorydaz (January 28th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by musterion View Post
    There can be only one King of Kings.
    Amen!!!

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength.

Jesus is The Only King of Kings!!!
    "That man of sin must first be revealed." -- Jesus

If you haven't tried: you've already failed. -- Aimiel

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

7djengo7 (January 29th, 2019),JudgeRightly (January 29th, 2019)

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A man.
    A descendant of Adam and Eve, Abraham, Jacob, David and David's Great (several times) granddaughter... Mary.
    If that's all He is, how then can He be called: The Root and The Offspring of David?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Aimiel For Your Post:

JudgeRightly (January 29th, 2019)

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MennoSota View Post
    John 8:58
    Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I Am.”

John 18:4-8
    Then Jesus, knowing all that would happen to him, came forward and said to them, “Whom do you seek?” They answered him, “Jesus of Nazareth.” Jesus said to them, “I Am.” Judas, who betrayed him, was standing with them. When Jesus said to them, “I Am,” they drew back and fell to the ground. So he asked them again, “Whom do you seek?” And they said, “Jesus of Nazareth.” Jesus answered, “I told you that I Am. So, if you seek me, let these men go.”

Exodus 3:14
    God said to Moses, “I Am who I Am.” And he said, “Say this to the people of Israel, ‘I Am has sent me to you.’”
    This theory is an attempt to manufacture inferential evidence, based on a similarity in the English translations of these texts, and based on manipulation of interpretation by the deliberate, biased use of capital letters in order to fabricate a title, where there is none.
    The phrase "ego eimi" is a VERY common phrase, used MANY times in the NT, here is a sample;

Matt 8:8-9 But the centurion said, "Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed.
    9 "For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, 'Go!' and he goes, and to another, 'Come!' and he comes, and to my slave, 'Do this!' and he does it."

Luke 1:18 Zacharias said to the angel, "How will I know this for certain? For I am an old man and my wife is advanced in years."

Luke 1:19 The angel answered and said to him, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news.

Luke 21:8 And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them.

John 1:20 And he confessed and did not deny, but confessed, "I am not the Christ."

John 1:27 "It is He who comes after me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie."

John 3:28 "You yourselves are my witnesses that I said, 'I am not the Christ,' but, 'I have been sent ahead of Him.'

John 9:9 Others were saying, "This is he," still others were saying, "No, but he is like him." He kept saying, "I am the one."

Acts 10:21 Peter went down to the men and said, "Behold, I am the one you are looking for; what is the reason for which you have come?"

Acts 13:25 "And while John was completing his course, he kept saying, 'What do you suppose that I am? I am not He. But behold, one is coming after me the sandals of whose feet I am not worthy to untie.'

Acts 21:39 But Paul said, "I am a Jew of Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no insignificant city; and I beg you, allow me to speak to the people."

Acts 22:3 "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated under Gamaliel,

Exodus was written in Hebrew, and the NT was written in Greek, so OBVIOUSLY the title Jehovah/YHVH God stated to Moses in Ex 6:14 is NOT "ego eimi"!

In fact, the LXX translates the Hebrew title as "O' On"!! And the English translation of the LXX is "The Being".

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel View Post
    If that's all He is, how then can He be called: The Root and The Offspring of David?
    1) I didn't say "All he is".

That's your "Straw Man".

2) Jesus can be called "the root" and "the offspring of David" because those are both phrases used prophetically of Jesus.

Isa 11:1-3 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots:
    2 And the spirit of the Lord shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the Lord;
    3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the Lord: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Jesus grows "out of the roots" of Jesse, David's father.

Isa 53:2 For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him.

Acts 13:22-23... He raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also He gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after Mine own heart, which shall fulfil all My will. 23 Of this man's seed hath God according to His promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This theory is an attempt to manufacture inferential evidence, based on a similarity in the English translations of these texts, and based on manipulation of interpretation by the deliberate, biased use of capital letters in order to fabricate a title, where there is none.
    The phrase "ego eimi" is a VERY common phrase, used MANY times in the NT, here is a sample;

Matt 8:8-9 But the centurion said, "Lord, I am not worthy for You to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed.
    9 "For I also am a man under authority, with soldiers under me; and I say to this one, 'Go!' and he goes, and to another, 'Come!' and he comes, and to my slave, 'Do this!' and he does it."

Luke 1:18 Zacharias said to the angel, "How will I know this for certain? For I am an old man and my wife is advanced in years."

Luke 1:19 The angel answered and said to him, "I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news.

Luke 21:8 And He said, "See to it that you are not misled; for many will come in My name, saying, 'I am He,' and, 'The time is near.' Do not go after them.

John 1:20 And he confessed and did not deny, but confessed, "I am not the Christ."

John 1:27 "It is He who comes after me, the thong of whose sandal I am not worthy to untie."

John 3:28 "You yourselves are my witnesses that I said, 'I am not the Christ,' but, 'I have been sent ahead of Him.'

John 9:9 Others were saying, "This is he," still others were saying, "No, but he is like him." He kept saying, "I am the one."

Acts 10:21 Peter went down to the men and said, "Behold, I am the one you are looking for; what is the reason for which you have come?"

Acts 13:25 "And while John was completing his course, he kept saying, 'What do you suppose that I am? I am not He. But behold, one is coming after me the sandals of whose feet I am not worthy to untie.'

Acts 21:39 But Paul said, "I am a Jew of Tarsus in Cilicia, a citizen of no insignificant city; and I beg you, allow me to speak to the people."

Acts 22:3 "I am a Jew, born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city, educated under Gamaliel,

Exodus was written in Hebrew, and the NT was written in Greek, so OBVIOUSLY the title Jehovah/YHVH God stated to Moses in Ex 6:14 is NOT "ego eimi"!

In fact, the LXX translates the Hebrew title as "O' On"!! And the English translation of the LXX is "The Being".
    None of those end their sentence: "... I Am." Jesus, Who is The I Am, in The Flesh, did.

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of those end their sentence: "... I Am."
    That's irrelevant. The meaning is identical. It is merely a phrase indicating first person and current state. "ego eimi" is NEVER a title.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimiel
    Jesus, Who is The I Am.
    The phrase "The I am" never occurs in the Scriptures.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus grows "out of the roots" of Jesse, David's father.
    Neither The Holy Bible or myself said, "Out of the roots," that's your strawman. Jesus is The Root of David, being Father of all living things.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's irrelevant. The meaning is identical. It is merely a phrase indicating first person and current state. "ego eimi" is NEVER a title. The phrase "The I am" never occurs in the Scriptures.
    Seeing irrelevance and seeing meaning come from one's interpretation. I believe that Jesus claimed The Title: "I Am," and also gave us insight into the meaning of This Title:

"I Am The (One and Only) Way;"
    "I Am The (One and Only) Truth," and;
    "I Am The (One and Only) Life."

Speaking to the OP: you cannot prove a negative. There is PLENTY of proofs that Jesus IS God, in The Flesh! You have to close your heart to miss any of them.
    Last edited by Aimiel; January 29th, 2019 at 03:45 AM.

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7djengo7 View Post
    Oh. You think there is more than one divine being, eh?
    Oh boy oh my oh me you got me...just not a trinity

Over 5000 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    So you're saying you don't fancy yourself a comedian?
    Nope I don’t...I am the audience not on stage...yours have mic the spotlight and the fanboyz...and cute attention seeking emojis

So enough about the messenger, care to speak on the message?

Over 750 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greetings Aimiel,
    None of those end their sentence: "... I Am." Jesus, Who is The I Am, in The Flesh, did.
    Could you explain why the KJV translators translated the same phrase in the immediate context as “I am he” and not “I AM”:
    John 8:28 (KJV): Then said Jesus unto them, When ye have lifted up the Son of man, then shall ye know that I am he, and that I do nothing of myself; but as my Father hath taught me, I speak these things.
    Also in the above is Jesus claiming to be Deity, or is he suggesting that he would suffer and die at their hands and his absolute dependence upon God. His Father?

John 9:8–9 (KJV): 8 The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged? 9 Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he.
    The above has the same expression at the end of the sentence as John 8:58.

Kind regards
    Trevor

Over 1500 post club
    Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. The verses I quoted are enough. You have shown that you refuse to believe. Turn your back on God. I shake off my sandals.

Thread Information