User Tag List

Page 1 of 122 12341151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1821

Thread: Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

  1. #1
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4803

    Jesus CANNOT be Jehovah/YHVH God

    Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.


    John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.


    John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.





    It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dartman For Your Post:

    Lazy afternoon (January 27th, 2019)

  3. #2
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147830
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.


    John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.


    John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.





    It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!
    I don't think we need anymore Anti-Christ threads around here.

  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    7djengo7 (January 28th, 2019),Bright Raven (January 27th, 2019),JudgeRightly (January 28th, 2019),Ktoyou (February 16th, 2019),musterion (February 1st, 2019),ok doser (February 8th, 2019),Right Divider (January 28th, 2019),steko (January 27th, 2019),Tambora (February 18th, 2019),way 2 go (January 28th, 2019)

  5. #3
    Over 1500 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,955
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 389 Times in 323 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    36301
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.


    John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.


    John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.





    It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!
    God is the Father, Son, and Spirit. The Father is God, the Son is God, the Spirit is God. The Father generates the Son, and the Spirit proceeds from the Father, and from the Son. The Father is not the Son or the Spirit, and the Son is not the Spirit.

    Numbers 6:24-26 KJV "The LORD1 bless thee, and keep thee: 25 The LORD2 make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The LORD3 lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."

    Matthew 28:19 KJV "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father,1 and of the Son,2 and of the Holy Ghost:3"

    2nd Corinthians 13:14 KJV "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,1 and the love of God,2 and the communion of the Holy Ghost,3 be with you all."

    1st Peter 1:2 KJV "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father,1 through sanctification of the Spirit,2 unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:3 Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."

    It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Idolater For Your Post:

    7djengo7 (January 28th, 2019),glorydaz (January 27th, 2019),Right Divider (January 28th, 2019),steko (January 27th, 2019),way 2 go (January 28th, 2019)

  7. #4
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    969
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 163 Times in 128 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11752
    Greetings Dartman and glorydaz,
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    Deut 18:17-18 John 12:49-50 John 14:24
    It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!
    I agree that Jesus is not "Jehovah", or as I believe more correctly Yahweh (refer Rotherhamís introduction), as Yahweh is God the Father, while Jesus is the Son of God. The following clearly distinguishes Yahweh from Davidís Lord, our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Psalm 110:1 (KJV): The LORD (Yahweh) said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I don't think we need anymore Anti-Christ threads around here.
    I disagree with your assessment, as Psalm 110:1 is used as a basis in Peterís speech to correctly explain why Jesus is now exalted to be Lord and Christ, a concept that is not appreciated on this Forum by many members.
    Acts 2:34Ė36 (KJV): 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
    Thus a clear understanding of the distinction between Yahweh, God the Father and the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ helps us to focus on the true Christ.

    Kind regards
    Trevor

  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TrevorL For Your Post:

    Dartman (January 28th, 2019),genuineoriginal (January 28th, 2019),Lazy afternoon (January 28th, 2019)

  9. #5
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4803
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    God is the Father, Son, and Spirit.
    Not according to the Scriptures. Jesus and the apostles ALL state, the Father is "the ONLY true God".
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater
    The Father is God, the Son is God, the Spirit is God. The Father generates the Son, and the Spirit proceeds from the Father, and from the Son. The Father is not the Son or the Spirit, and the Son is not the Spirit.
    Yeah, we know the "party line". It's been the same since 381AD. Again, this disagrees with the Scriptures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater
    Numbers 6:24-26 KJV "The LORD1 bless thee, and keep thee: 25 The LORD2 make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The LORD3 lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."
    Num 6:23-27
    23 Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel: ye shall say unto them,
    24 Jehovah bless thee, and keep thee: 1
    25 Jehovah make his face to shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:1
    26 Jehovah lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.1
    27 So shall they put My name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.


    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater
    Matthew 28:19 KJV "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father,1 and of the Son,2 and of the Holy Ghost:3"

    2nd Corinthians 13:14 KJV "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ,1 and the love of God,2 and the communion of the Holy Ghost,3 be with you all."

    1st Peter 1:2 KJV "Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father,1 through sanctification of the Spirit,2 unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ:3 Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied."

    It's as easy as 1, 2, 3.
    Yep, all three are part of the gospel..... only the Father is God, Jesus is His son, the holy spirit is God's mind, and the power produced by God's mind.

  10. #6
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4803
    Quote Originally Posted by TrevorL View Post
    Greetings Dartman and glorydaz, I agree that Jesus is not "Jehovah", or as I believe more correctly Yahweh (refer Rotherham’s introduction), as Yahweh is God the Father, while Jesus is the Son of God. The following clearly distinguishes Yahweh from David’s Lord, our Lord Jesus Christ.
    Psalm 110:1 (KJV): The LORD (Yahweh) said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
    I disagree with your assessment, as Psalm 110:1 is used as a basis in Peter’s speech to correctly explain why Jesus is now exalted to be Lord and Christ, a concept that is not appreciated on this Forum by many members.
    Acts 2:34–36 (KJV): 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
    Thus a clear understanding of the distinction between Yahweh, God the Father and the Son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ helps us to focus on the true Christ.

    Kind regards
    Trevor
    Wonderful post, both content and tone!
    I have NO problem with Yahweh, Yehovah, Jehovah or YHVH, The reason I generally use "Jehovah" is, that's the spelling used by the ASV.
    That way it is EASY to quote passages, and then use the same spelling in discussion.

    If you know of a good translation that uses Yahweh, or another spelling, I would like to check it out!

  11. #7
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4803
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I don't think we need anymore Anti-Christ threads around here.
    Then be sure you don't start one!
    I started this post by request.

  12. #8
    TOL Subscriber glorydaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    25,588
    Thanks
    16,942
    Thanked 40,135 Times in 20,063 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147830
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    Then be sure you don't start one!
    You who deny your Lord and Saviour don't belong here on TOL....much less be able to start threads.

  13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to glorydaz For Your Post:

    7djengo7 (January 28th, 2019),Right Divider (January 28th, 2019),Tambora (February 18th, 2019)

  14. #9
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,581
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 834 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285393
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    ...

    Numbers 6:24-26 KJV "The LORD1 bless thee, and keep thee: 25 The LORD2 make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: 26 The LORD3 lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."...
    Misuse of these verses. Just because there are 3 blessings doesn't make it connected to the Trinity. Since it refers to God the same way in all of the verses, it is a very poor proof text for the concept of the Trinity. Now, if it said something like " The Father bless the and keep thee: the Son make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious to thee: The Holy Ghost lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace", well, that would be a different matter. But it doesn't.

    By the way, the priests bless using these verses to this day.

  15. #10
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,039
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 397 Times in 332 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68226
    Quote Originally Posted by Dartman View Post
    Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.


    John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.


    John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.





    It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!
    Yes, indeed.

    The trinitarian doctrine cannot distinguish between the Lord God and His son the lord Jesus Christ

    Acts 2:34

    34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

    But scripture makes a clear and unmistakable distinctions between the two.

    The Father is not the son and the son is not the Father.

    The Father is the literal father of the son.
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to oatmeal For Your Post:

    Dartman (January 28th, 2019)

  17. #11
    Over 5000 post club oatmeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    5,039
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 397 Times in 332 Posts

    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    68226
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    I don't think we need anymore Anti-Christ threads around here.
    Yes, that is right which is why the trinitarians should quit with their anti Christ doctrine
    "And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship and in breaking of bread and in prayers." Acts 2:42

    "Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind" Philippians 2:2

    Pro scripture = Protestant

  18. #12
    Over 1500 post club Idolater's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mass
    Posts
    1,955
    Thanks
    216
    Thanked 389 Times in 323 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    36301
    Quote Originally Posted by chair View Post
    Misuse of these verses. Just because there are 3 blessings doesn't make it connected to the Trinity. Since it refers to God the same way in all of the verses, it is a very poor proof text for the concept of the Trinity. Now, if it said something like " The Father bless the and keep thee: the Son make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious to thee: The Holy Ghost lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace", well, that would be a different matter. But it doesn't.

    By the way, the priests bless using these verses to this day.
    All of what you say is true, if and only if Jesus of Nazareth did NOT rise from the dead.

    iow, you're just begging the question.
    "Those who believe in Christ" are all the Christians, Catholic or not.

    @Nee_Nihilo

  19. #13
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4803
    Quote Originally Posted by glorydaz View Post
    You who deny your Lord and Saviour don't belong here on TOL....much less be able to start threads.
    I follow Jesus of Nazareth, who God exalted to be Lord and Savior;

    Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.


    And I believe him, he said his God, his Father, is "the ONLY true God".

  20. #14
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,581
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,188 Times in 834 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    285393
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    All of what you say is true, if and only if Jesus of Nazareth did NOT rise from the dead.

    iow, you're just begging the question.
    No, this has nothing to do with whether Jesus rose from the dead, or if he was god, or anything of the sort. The verse simply doesn't support the Trinity in any way shape or form. All that it has is three blessings that the Priests call on God to bestow. The only thing that connects it to the Trinity is the number 3. Will you claim that other things that come in threes are also proof of the Trinity? Examples: Cities, holidays, time Balaam's donkey stopped.

  21. #15
    Over 750 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    926
    Thanks
    59
    Thanked 126 Times in 116 Posts

    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4803
    Quote Originally Posted by Idolater View Post
    All of what you say is true, if and only if Jesus of Nazareth did NOT rise from the dead.

    iow, you're just begging the question.
    1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
    4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
    5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

    Christ's God raised Jesus from the dead, to give Jesus' brothers and sisters hope.

    And, you are avoiding the OP,

    Deut 18:17-18 And Jehovah said unto me, They have well said that which they have spoken. 18 I will raise them up a prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee; and I will put my words in his mouth, and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him.

    John 12:49-50 For I spake not from myself; but the Father that sent me, He hath given me a commandment, what I should say, and what I should speak. 50 And I know that His commandment is life eternal: the things therefore which I speak, even as the Father hath said unto me, so I speak.
    John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.
    It is impossible for Jesus to be "Jehovah" because Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is. His FATHER is Jehovah!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us