Thread: MAGA Hats And The Easily-Triggered Left

TOL Legend
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,320 Times in 6,185 Posts

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    for proof that the MAGA hat kid deserves to have his life ruined, just look at this picture!

He's not even bothering to smirk, the entitled little ******!

Burn him at the stake!

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    btw, if anybody can point me toward a video showing the kids doing the tomahawk chop, i'd appreciate it

'cause i'll be darned if i can see it, but people are convinced it happened

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Satire, i believe

MEGA Hat Victim Native American Nathan Phillips earned 3 Medals of Honor, 6 Silver Stars, 11 Bronze Stars, 9 Purple Hearts was on 4 secret missions in to Laos & had 136 confirmed kills after 5 tours in Vietnam

He is a American hero and has fought prejudice all his life starting in the 8th grade when he found the American Indian Freedom Front.

He has 6 black belts in different martial arts, has raised $8,000,00 for orphan Native Americans and won a $185 Billion lawsuit against the GOV on behalf of Agent Orange victims.

He also has President Obama's personal cell phone number.

https://www.liberalforum.org/topic/2...rs-in-vietnam/

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    not satire:

Our Degenerate Media

The behavior of our national media over the past two and a half years has been contemptible. We know now that, in conjunction with the Democratic Party, they colluded to bring down the Republican candidate for president and to ensure a Clinton victory, despite her many years of criminal behavior. When that candidate won, they conspired to see him impeached. The Obama-weaponized FBI, DOJ, and CIA broke nearly every law on the books in their effort to destroy Donald Trump. They have failed every step of the way but have not given up. They continue to demean themselves.

This past weekend was a two-fer. The fake BuzzFeed story that should have been dismissed out of hand was gleefully embraced by every pundit on every news outlet. They could not contain their joy at yet another "bombshell" that would lead to impeachment. Only Fox held back for confirmation. When Mueller's office released a statement that "the BuzzFeed story was inaccurate," they were devastated.

Next came the wholesale sliming of a group of Catholic schoolboys who did nothing but gather to wait for their bus after marching in the pro-life rally. As they were verbally but viciously attacked by a group of black Hebrew Israelites, a black supremacy cult, with a string of profane, disgusting taunts in hopes of a response, an American Indian activist with a dodgy past got in their faces while banging his drum. The short video clip that was released at first brought about an unending stream of execrable responses and tweets by people who should know better. And the verbal attacks were not limited to the usual suspects on the left. Plenty of NeverTrumps weighed in as well, thoroughly humiliating themselves. The truth of the incident was quite the opposite of what they had chosen to see and make of it. The young teens did absolutely nothing but remain calm. They were quite likely frightened by the aggressive black Israelites and the American Indian Nathan, Phillips, banging his drum in their faces. The boys are to be commended for their poise and refusal to engage with adults triggered by their MAGA hats.

As described by Jim Daws on AT, this was a perfect example of Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. The radicals among the American left have been driven to insanity by Trump's victory in 2016 and since then by his many successes. They have continued to ignore the revealed facts of the Clinton-financed fake "dossier" and the participation of those at the top of the FBI, DOJ, and CIA in trying to illegally frame the president for crimes he did not commit. Democrats in denial like Adam Schiff, Jerrold Nadler, and the rest of them who dream of unending investigations into all things Trump continue to make utter fools of themselves. So deluded are they by their Trump-hatred that they are unable to give up their hope of driving him from office.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...#ixzz5dKW9XYR3
    Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

Aimiel (January 23rd, 2019)

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,466 Times in 8,232 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've only been in the news business a few years and only at the rockface, but I know how to write a nonpartisan, fact-based story.

Why don't papers that have been around for 100 years and sites that earn billions of dollars?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

ok doser (January 22nd, 2019),Tambora (January 22nd, 2019)

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    media attention whore isn't satisfied yet:
    Nathan Phillips rejects Jeff Ruby's offer to 'break bread' with CovCath students

Nathan Phillips has turned down Cincinnati restaurateur Jeff Ruby's invitation to "break bread and make amends" with Covington Catholic High School students.

On Monday, Ruby offered to fly Phillips first class to have dinner with the CovCath students at one of his high-end restaurants.

Over the weekend, short clips of an incident between students at the Park Hills all-boy high school and Phillips at the Indigenous Peoples March in Washington D.C. went viral.

Many social media users interpreted and Phillips maintains that the students were harassing him.

"It's not the right time," Phillips told The Enquirer on Monday night. "I might consider it at some point. There'd have to be certain assurances in place, give and take, and understanding."

According to Phillips, "it's not yet the time" because of the statement released by CovCath student Nick Sandmann.

In the viral video clips, Sandmann, a junior, is seen standing face to face with Phillips. As Phillips calmly beats a drum

(inches from Sandmann's face)

and chants a prayer

(moaning and yelping like a sick dog, about a foot away from sandman's face

for five minutes)

Sandmann stands smiling.

(calmly)

"He (Sandmann) needs to put out a different statement," said Phillips, who has said he is a Vietnam Veteran.

(we'll see - the stolen valor guys are pretty convinced he's lying about that too)

"I'm disappointed with his statement. He didn't accept any responsibility. That lack of responsibility, I don't accept it."

(see, this is where an interviewer should break in and tell the silly old fool he's a silly old fool )

Phillips said that Sandmann's response has changed his mind on how he views the incident and what he hopes the outcome will be.

"At first I wanted the teachers and chaperones to be reprimanded, some fired, for letting this happen," Phillips said. "For the students, I was against any expulsions, but now I have to revisit that."

(good luck with that )

According to Phillips, the national attention he has received hasn't had much sway on him. The incident hasn't really either, he said, but Sandmann's statement has.

"This is our youth," he said. "These (CovCath) students may be from a different culture, a different race, but I'm American and they are American. This is our youth, American youth. Is this the future we got?"

(looks pretty good to me )

Phillips said he's ready to "work toward a better America," that was one reason he was participating in the Indigenous Peoples March.

"I'm just working for a better future for all of our children," he said. "But, I can't work with liars and thieves."

(well, maybe as a mentor, eh? )

Phillips said he was in prayer when he approached the CovCath students. His goal was to defuse a "volatile" situation between the students and four members of the Black Hebrew Israelites.

"He (Sandmann) stole my narrative," Phillips said. "From the time I hit that first beat of the drum until I hit the last beat, I was in prayer. Now all of a sudden, he's the prayer guy and the passive one."

(well, yeah - the video clearly shows him standing there, passively, while you banged your silly little drum inches from his face for five minutes)

Phillips is referring to Sandmann's statement: "I believed that by remaining motionless and calm, I was helping to diffuse the situation. I realized everyone had cameras and that perhaps a group of adults was trying to provoke a group of teenagers into a larger conflict. I said a silent prayer that the situation would not get out of hand."

Phillips also took issue that Sandmann refers to him and fellow marchers as "Native American protesters."

"I take great offense to that term, 'protester.' We were not protesting anything," Phillips said. "In fact, we were the only group with a permit to be there and we were marching for solidarity and for being indigenous people. We were there in prayer. We wanted to make a better America."

(wiki sez you're a liar (no surprise there) and calls your gay little get together a "demonstration")

Phillips said, on the other, the CovCath students were coming from a protest. The students had participated in the Right to Life March.

"What he came to town for was protesting," Phillips said. "Anyone who knows about Roe versus Wade knows it isn't a pretty picture. He (Sandmann) had just come from that protest. To me, he came worked up in a frenzy already."

(they were high school kids as "worked up in a frenzy" as you'd expect when doing school cheers)

Phillips said the argument between the students and the Black Hebrew Israelites went on for hours before he "was called by God" to step in.

(which is, unsurprisingly, another lie)

"(The students) had an opportunity to not hate and to put out an olive branch and say, let's sit down and pray together," he said. "Instead, they responded to hate with hate. And (Sandmann) transferred that hate to me."

(another lie - easily refuted by viewing the video)

Phillips said, describing the interaction between the CovCath students and the Black Hebrew Israelites, "it was like a tornado."

(...because it spun round and round in a circle? 'Cause otherwise, no. Another lie)

"I live in the plains and I've watched a tornado come down," he said. "It's very destructive. What I saw in front of me that day was destruction from a terrible storm tearing apart the fabric of my America and threatening the future of all our children. I saw racism and bigotry."

(from the "hebrew israelites"? Certainly. From the CovCath kids? nope, another lie)

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...ty/2641463002/

it sure would be nice to see some editorial/investigative work going on here to call him on his lies

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    google search Nathan Phillips:

Nathan Phillips seeks meeting at Covington Catholic on racism ...
    Washington Times-19 minutes ago

Nathan Phillips sought Tuesday to meet with teens from Covington Catholic High School on racism and cultural appropriation while accusing one of the students ...

Nathan Phillips Suggests Expelling Covington Catholic Kids
    The Daily Caller-24 minutes ago

Trump sides with Catholic students in DC dispute with Native leader
    Detroit Free Press-40 minutes ago

Trump takes students' side in racially charged DC protest controversy
    WRAL.com-19 minutes ago

'The B*LLS on this guy'! Nathan Phillips has SOME NERVE even ...
    Twitchy-21 minutes ago

Native American war vet wants to meet with 'MAGA' teens
    In-Depth-New York Post-22 minutes ago

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    the tide is turning

less mention of "elder" and most are qualifying his claims of military service

and very little mention of MAGA hats today

i suspect the left/msm is worried about linking MAGA (trump) to tolerance as the story develops into one where Sandmann is the good guy

hilarious to see how furious the silly little old fool is that his lie/story is being rejected and how desperate he is to regain control

"the interaction between the CovCath students and the Black Hebrew Israelites, "it was like a tornado."

"(Sandmann) transferred that hate to me."

oh, and not a single mention of "smirking" or punching

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hilarious take down of phillips, and too raunchy to cut and paste here: https://www.countable.us/articles/19...tole-narrative

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    and predictably, huffpo doubles down on an extra serving of retard:

... For many in this country, MAGA hats amount to an explicit message of racial intolerance and bigotry, and the chaperones should have known the boys’ appearance had the potential to inflame and frighten others ...

... the image of young men protesting against women’s reproductive rights, coupled with their MAGA mobbing of an elderly Native American man ...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0a8dbe17445e8

libs

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    National Review

The Covington Affair
    By The Editors

January 22, 2019 10:42 AM

‘A fuller and more complicated picture emerged.” Just so.

For an overheated few minutes, the world (meaning the world of people engaged in producing and consuming nanosecond-by-nanosecond commentary on the Internet) was rapt with revulsion at the sight of a group of smirking high-school boys — Catholic-school students, some in red “Make America Great Again” caps — menacing an older Native American man beating a drum as part of a protest in Washington, where the students were visiting as part of the annual March for Life. The condemnations were vitriolic, including here at National Review.

A word on the Nick Frankovich Corner post. As longtime readers know, the Corner is our group blog that encourages real-time, unfiltered reactions by our individual writers (it was basically Twitter before the advent of Twitter). There is always a peril in that. Occasionally, we’ll get something hastily and spectacularly wrong. Nick was operating off the best version of events he had on Saturday night, and writing as a faithful Catholic and pro-lifer who has the highest expectations of his compatriots, not as a social-justice activist. As soon as better evidence emerged, we deleted the post.

In this business, all we can do is own up to mistakes when they happen. We apologize to our readers and especially to the Covington students, who didn’t need us piling on.

What happened to them, unfortunately, is very familiar: The boys were vilified and threatened, while the partisans of what is cynically and inaccurately described as social justice began the work of hunting down the boys’ parents’ employers in the hopes of ruining those families economically. The tone of the commentary was—well, here’s how one writer for Vulture put it: “I just want these people to die. Simple as that. Every single one of them. And their parents.” The students were, in this estimate, only “white slugs.”

Because the culture wars are approached as a zero-sum game, many of the most committed progressives are now desperately trying to formulate a reason to continue slandering them and attempting to chase their parents into unemployment and penury. That speaks to the sorry state of our democracy: Why bother trying to persuade or convince your fellow citizens when you can simply make them into pariahs? The Times, in articulating the “fuller picture,” went so far as to suggest that to invoke the name of Donald Trump — or to simply wear a hat bearing his famous slogan — constitutes a “racially charged taunt.” These are not, for the most part, ideas offered in good faith: They are stratagems deployed to delegitimize certain political points of view. If supporters of the president are to be condemned as engaging in racial provocation for simply saying his name, then the conversation has nowhere to go.

All of this speaks to a larger and more serious deficiency: in citizenship. Good citizens with proper respect for themselves, their neighbors, and their country do not seek to destroy the lives of a couple of teenagers in the pursuit of a transient and petty political advantage.

Errors can be forgiven, and the occasional tendency to get carried away with rhetorical excess can be received with charity — especially by those of us who suffer from the same temptation from time to time. But political psychosis and deceit are something else. They can be forgiven only contingently — and never forgotten.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...illips-affair/

TOL Legend
    Thanks

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

... members of the Hebrew Israelites, taunting students with disparaging and vulgar language before the encounter with Phillips.

https://www.wsls.com/news/national/k...-confrontation

this seems to be a common description of the cretins - very few accounts describe their language as blatantly racist

Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 734 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    antifa's supposed to be at the protest march tomorrow that has been moved from the school to the diocese headquarters

the forecast for tomorrow is good, other groups are joining the protest even as the narrative collapses - i'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out (or fizzles)

either way, expect it to be heavily covered by a mainstream media with egg on its face
    I wish them luck in their protest. The school is closed today due to threats of violence against the students. BTW, the school is about fifty miles or so south of me.
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ebenz47037 For Your Post:

Tambora (January 22nd, 2019)

LIFETIME MEMBER aCultureWarrior's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,257 Times in 1,083 Posts

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ebenz47037 View Post
    I wish them luck in their protest. The school is closed today due to threats of violence against the students. BTW, the school is about fifty miles or so south of me.
    If the young lads from a Catholic School were wearing hats that said "Make America Morally Great Again", then I would have sympathy for them, as that would have separated them from a very immoral man and his immoral policies that go against Judeo-Christian doctrine.
    Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

18. The Following User Says Thank You to aCultureWarrior For Your Post:

Rusha (January 23rd, 2019)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 734 Posts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior View Post
    If the young lads from a Catholic School were wearing hats that said "Make America Morally Great Again", then I would have sympathy for them, as that would have separated them from a very immoral man and his immoral policies that go against Judeo-Christian doctrine.
    That doesn't really matter. They go to the school their parents chose for them to go to. Most of them wore MAGA hats. So what? I don't like Trump but he is our President. Make America Great Again was a catchy phrase that rang true for a lot of people.

I've watched most of the short clips and the one hour and a half video of the incident. These boys did nothing wrong. They are being castigated by the left and some of the right for just waiting for their bus, like they were supposed to. Even my local news realized that after many viewers complained about the original broadcast of this story. The head newscaster apologized on air and said that this whole story needs to be told. Then, they reported about threats to the school, the boys (especially Sandmann), and to the boys' families. That's ridiculous.
    They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles. -- Isaiah 40:31

Vegetarian - Indian word for lousy hunter

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ebenz47037 For Your Post:

User Name (January 23rd, 2019)

Thread Information