User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: The bible makes a lot more sense when you understand who the Gentiles are.....

  1. #1
    Journeyman flintstoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13381

    The bible makes a lot more sense when you understand who the Gentiles are.....

    After all, Yahweh is the God of Israel.....the bible is for and about Israel, and the Gentiles are actually Israelites. God always had a plan to reunify Israel after it was split into two kingdoms (House of Judah and House Israel). That is why He sent Jesus. Yahweh was married to both sisters: the House of Judah (the Jews) and the House of Israel (who were NOT Jews, which is why they were called Gentiles by the Jews). Both of these kingdoms made up all of Israel, which is why all of the tribes (Jews and non-Jews) are considered Israelites. When God divorced the House of Israel, they were scattered among the nations. But God had a plan to reconcile them......through Jesus.

    The only way the wife (Northern Kingdom Israel) could be released of her fate of having been put away and divorced by Yahweh was for Yahweh (her husband) to die which would annul and dissolve original marriage contract. Paul understood that when, using the law to explain, he reminded the Jews (who knew the law) that the law only has jurisdiction over a person until their death. When the person dies, any judgments, contracts, or obligations are then dissolved.Now free from the curse of her broken marriage covenant, Israel could actually remarry without being called an adulteress. However, how could she be rejoined to her groom if he was in the grave? If Jesus remained dead, then no remarriage between him and Israel could take place, despite her new freedom. Therefore, Jesus had to not only die to free Israel, but had to also rise from the dead so that she could remarry her former husband, who was in reality a New Husband.


    http://www.losttribes.net/menu/gentile.html

    https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tool...sraelites-jews

    http://www.douglashamp.com/gods-divo...-new-covenant/

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to flintstoned For Your Post:

    iamaberean (February 1st, 2019)

  3. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by flintstoned View Post
    After all, Yahweh is the God of Israel.....the bible is for and about Israel, and the Gentiles are actually Israelites. God always had a plan to reunify Israel after it was split into two kingdoms (House of Judah and House Israel). That is why He sent Jesus. Yahweh was married to both sisters: the House of Judah (the Jews) and the House of Israel (who were NOT Jews, which is why they were called Gentiles by the Jews). Both of these kingdoms made up all of Israel, which is why all of the tribes (Jews and non-Jews) are considered Israelites. When God divorced the House of Israel, they were scattered among the nations. But God had a plan to reconcile them......through Jesus.

    The only way the wife (Northern Kingdom Israel) could be released of her fate of having been put away and divorced by Yahweh was for Yahweh (her husband) to die which would annul and dissolve original marriage contract. Paul understood that when, using the law to explain, he reminded the Jews (who knew the law) that the law only has jurisdiction over a person until their death. When the person dies, any judgments, contracts, or obligations are then dissolved.Now free from the curse of her broken marriage covenant, Israel could actually remarry without being called an adulteress. However, how could she be rejoined to her groom if he was in the grave? If Jesus remained dead, then no remarriage between him and Israel could take place, despite her new freedom. Therefore, Jesus had to not only die to free Israel, but had to also rise from the dead so that she could remarry her former husband, who was in reality a New Husband.


    http://www.losttribes.net/menu/gentile.html

    https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tool...sraelites-jews

    http://www.douglashamp.com/gods-divo...-new-covenant/
    This is my first time hearing this.
    Do you have any scriptural evidence for this these claims.

    If so please provide them?

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mixed_Brown For Your Post:

    JudgeRightly (February 3rd, 2019)

  5. #3
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Washington State, USA
    Posts
    729
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 117 Times in 107 Posts

    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    4651
    The Gentiles are every ethnicity that isn't directly descendant from Israel/Jacob.
    The New Testament was ENTIRELY written in "the time of the Gentiles". Jesus had warned Israel, that his God was going to take the Kingdom from them, and give it to the Gentiles;

    Matt 21:42-43 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
    43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.


    Paul teaches that ALL of those in Israel, who rejected Jesus, were "broken off" the olive tree, and the Gentiles were "grafted in";

    Rom 11:17-27
    17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,
    18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you.
    19 You will say then, "Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in."
    20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear;
    21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, He will not spare you, either.
    22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God's kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.
    23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.
    24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?
    25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery — so that you will not be wise in your own estimation — that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in;


    At the END of the "fullness of the Gentiles" or the "time of the Gentiles", Jesus will return, establish a worldwide kingdom for his God, with Zion as the location of his throne , and bring EVERY surviving Israelite back to the wilderness of Israel. Jesus will PURGE out the rebels, and bring the ones that accept his rule back into their land, and thus grafting them back into the promises;


    26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written, "THE DELIVERER WILL COME FROM ZION, HE WILL REMOVE UNGODLINESS FROM JACOB."
    27 "THIS IS MY COVENANT WITH THEM, WHEN I TAKE AWAY THEIR SINS."

  6. #4
    Journeyman flintstoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13381
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixed_Brown View Post
    This is my first time hearing this.
    Do you have any scriptural evidence for this these claims.

    If so please provide them?
    I provided links in the OP that contain references to scripture. I don't know if there is any one site that combines all of this information together; I just had to research it.

    Here are a couple of other websites which reference scripture which you can then confirm on your own:

    http://olivetjournal.com/the-lost-sh...el-the-gospel/

    http://www.hebroots.org/hebrootsarch.../001111_h.html

  7. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by flintstoned View Post
    I provided links in the OP that contain references to scripture. I don't know if there is any one site that combines all of this information together; I just had to research it.

    Here are a couple of other websites which reference scripture which you can then confirm on your own:

    http://olivetjournal.com/the-lost-sh...el-the-gospel/

    http://www.hebroots.org/hebrootsarch.../001111_h.html
    I have so say I don't like reading links in threads as I don't know which points in the threads the users agree with.

    It's much easier if you make your point and then give your evidence in your own words so that other users can discuss your claim.

    That being said I briefly looked at a couple links. The first one only had paragraphs of assertions with no scriptural evidence.
    The second asserts that verses in Hebrews 10 exactly what you said, but if you carry on reading it's plain to see you see that most of hebrews 11 refutes that claim.

    Thank your response and I'm always intrested how individuals come to certain conclusions, but because of a huge lack of understanding of scriptures and a lot of claims with no evidence, I don't think I will be taking any more time to read through the links you posted.

  8. #6
    Journeyman flintstoned's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    127
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 30 Times in 19 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    13381
    Quote Originally Posted by Mixed_Brown View Post
    I have so say I don't like reading links in threads as I don't know which points in the threads the users agree with.

    It's much easier if you make your point and then give your evidence in your own words so that other users can discuss your claim.

    That being said I briefly looked at a couple links. The first one only had paragraphs of assertions with no scriptural evidence.
    The second asserts that verses in Hebrews 10 exactly what you said, but if you carry on reading it's plain to see you see that most of hebrews 11 refutes that claim.

    Thank your response and I'm always intrested how individuals come to certain conclusions, but because of a huge lack of understanding of scriptures and a lot of claims with no evidence, I don't think I will be taking any more time to read through the links you posted.

    Hmmmm, I just read through Hebrew 11 again and do not see where it refutes any of these claims.... Can you explain how or what you mean by that?

  9. #7
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Posts
    3,979
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 64 Times in 64 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    174839
    Quote Originally Posted by flintstoned View Post
    After all, Yahweh is the God of Israel.....the bible is for and about Israel, and the Gentiles are actually Israelites. God always had a plan to reunify Israel after it was split into two kingdoms (House of Judah and House Israel). That is why He sent Jesus. Yahweh was married to both sisters: the House of Judah (the Jews) and the House of Israel (who were NOT Jews, which is why they were called Gentiles by the Jews). Both of these kingdoms made up all of Israel, which is why all of the tribes (Jews and non-Jews) are considered Israelites. When God divorced the House of Israel, they were scattered among the nations. But God had a plan to reconcile them......through Jesus.

    The only way the wife (Northern Kingdom Israel) could be released of her fate of having been put away and divorced by Yahweh was for Yahweh (her husband) to die which would annul and dissolve original marriage contract. Paul understood that when, using the law to explain, he reminded the Jews (who knew the law) that the law only has jurisdiction over a person until their death. When the person dies, any judgments, contracts, or obligations are then dissolved.Now free from the curse of her broken marriage covenant, Israel could actually remarry without being called an adulteress. However, how could she be rejoined to her groom if he was in the grave? If Jesus remained dead, then no remarriage between him and Israel could take place, despite her new freedom. Therefore, Jesus had to not only die to free Israel, but had to also rise from the dead so that she could remarry her former husband, who was in reality a New Husband.


    http://www.losttribes.net/menu/gentile.html

    https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tool...sraelites-jews

    http://www.douglashamp.com/gods-divo...-new-covenant/
    Jesus said his message was to the House of Israel only. He mocked the Gentiles' praying style and referred to them as "dogs."

    It was only after Jesus was dead that the gospel writers' began to claim his teachings were for "the nations."
    ____________________________________
    ...terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the rich...




    (STILL trying to set up conservatives and fundamentalists on blind dates with Jesus...)

  10. #8
    Over 750 post club iamaberean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    934
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 81 Times in 74 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    52300
    Good post!

    Mat 10:5 These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:
    Mat 10:6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
    Mat 10:7 And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.


    Another source for you. Download pdf file.

    https://www.thetrumpet.com/literature/books_and_booklets/44

  11. #9
    Over 500 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    540
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 39 Times in 30 Posts

    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    12070
    flintstoned,

    As iamaberean noted: "These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles...But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. (Matthew 10:5-6)"

    But aren't you saying that the house of Israel is Gentile?

  12. #10
    LIFETIME MEMBER jamie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    12,053
    Thanks
    1,462
    Thanked 1,332 Times in 1,166 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    328447
    Two of the tribes of Israel were native Egyptians. (Genesis 48:15-16)

  13. #11
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,399
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1,110 Times in 777 Posts

    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    274012
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Two of the tribes of Israel were native Egyptians. (Genesis 48:15-16)
    Just like any anybody born in the US is a "Native American"?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to chair For Your Post:

    glorydaz (February 9th, 2019)

  15. #12
    Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle Stripe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Posts
    17,912
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 11,464 Times in 8,230 Posts

    Blog Entries
    2
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)


    Rep Power
    2147835
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Two of the tribes of Israel were native Egyptians. (Genesis 48:15-16)


    Why do people make claims then post scripture that says nothing like what they proposed?
    Where is the evidence for a global flood?
    E≈mc2
    When the world is a monster
    Bad to swallow you whole
    Kick the clay that holds the teeth in
    Throw your trolls out the door

    "The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
    -Bob B.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Stripe For Your Post:

    glorydaz (February 9th, 2019)

  17. #13
    Over 750 post club iamaberean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    934
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 81 Times in 74 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    52300
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Two of the tribes of Israel were native Egyptians. (Genesis 48:15-16)
    By Arthur R. Bassett

    In his article entitled “Joseph, Model of Excellence” (Sept. 1980, p. 9), the author writes that Joseph’s wife, Asenath, “was not only Egyptian, but a daughter of an Egyptian priest,” thus conveying the idea that her two sons, Ephraim and Manessah, were of “half-Egyptian” blood. If that were so, then both of them would have been of a lineage which at that time “could not have the rights of Priesthood” (Abr. 1:27). (from Book of Abraham, Jesus Christ Latter Day Saints)

    Actually, the Pharaoh of Joseph’s time was not Egyptian by blood, but was of the Hyksos, a nomadic people who swept into Egypt from the Arabian peninsula. The Hyksos were a Semitic people, which made them distant relatives of Joseph and his family. Asenath was a descendant of these Semitic Hyksos, not an Egyptian.
    Last edited by iamaberean; February 3rd, 2019 at 09:23 AM.

  18. #14
    Over 750 post club iamaberean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    934
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 81 Times in 74 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    52300
    Quote Originally Posted by flintstoned View Post
    After all, Yahweh is the God of Israel.....the bible is for and about Israel, and the Gentiles are actually Israelites. God always had a plan to reunify Israel after it was split into two kingdoms (House of Judah and House Israel). That is why He sent Jesus. Yahweh was married to both sisters: the House of Judah (the Jews) and the House of Israel (who were NOT Jews, which is why they were called Gentiles by the Jews). Both of these kingdoms made up all of Israel, which is why all of the tribes (Jews and non-Jews) are considered Israelites. When God divorced the House of Israel, they were scattered among the nations. But God had a plan to reconcile them......through Jesus.

    The only way the wife (Northern Kingdom Israel) could be released of her fate of having been put away and divorced by Yahweh was for Yahweh (her husband) to die which would annul and dissolve original marriage contract. Paul understood that when, using the law to explain, he reminded the Jews (who knew the law) that the law only has jurisdiction over a person until their death. When the person dies, any judgments, contracts, or obligations are then dissolved.Now free from the curse of her broken marriage covenant, Israel could actually remarry without being called an adulteress. However, how could she be rejoined to her groom if he was in the grave? If Jesus remained dead, then no remarriage between him and Israel could take place, despite her new freedom. Therefore, Jesus had to not only die to free Israel, but had to also rise from the dead so that she could remarry her former husband, who was in reality a New Husband.


    It seems like you and I continue to study like topics.

    The word GENTILE is not used in any of the ancient manuscripts, simply because there was no such word in the Hebrew or Greek languages. The word GENTILE as used in our modern Bible versions, including the "much loved" King James Version, in the Old Testament, always comes from the Hebrew word "goy," (singular) and "goyim", (plural). It is translated five different ways in the Old Testament, according to Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible; "goy or goyim (singular or plural)", a foreign NATION hence GENTILEGENTILE; (2) HEATHEN; (3) NATION, and (4) PEOPLE, or ANOTHER."



    Here is the total rendering.


    https://israelect.com/reference/JackMohr/jm005.htm

  19. #15
    Over 3000 post club
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    In front of the strange glowing screen of an inexplicable mechanism.
    Posts
    3,979
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 64 Times in 64 Posts

    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    174839
    To be blunt, the Gentiles were pagans.

    Jesus referred to them as “dogs” and mocked their praying style.
    Jesus made clear his message and mission was to the House of Israel.

    The bitter irony that today’s Christianity has become a message meant for Jews preached to a church full of Gentiles.
    ____________________________________
    ...terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the rich...




    (STILL trying to set up conservatives and fundamentalists on blind dates with Jesus...)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us