User Tag List

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 283

Thread: Perfect Answer to Ocasio-Cortez

  1. #16
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    523678

    Hispanic
    The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity. Generically, this limits the definition of Hispanic or Latino to people from the Caribbean, Central and South America, or other Hispanic (Spanish) culture or origin, regardless of race.

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  2. #17
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    23,821
    Thanks
    3,357
    Thanked 8,326 Times in 6,189 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post

    Hispanic
    The U.S. Census Bureau defines the ethnonym Hispanic or Latino to refer to "a person of Cuban, Mexican, Puerto Rican, South or Central American, or other Spanish culture or origin regardless of race" and states that Hispanics or Latinos can be of any race, any ancestry, any ethnicity. Generically, this limits the definition of Hispanic or Latino to people from the Caribbean, Central and South America, or other Hispanic (Spanish) culture or origin, regardless of race.

    they missed Filipino


    and how strong of an identifer among those in the culture is "Spanish", i wonder


    certainly the language, but do they feel the same connection that i do to england/britain, the same interest in its history?

  3. #18
    Over 4000 post club The Berean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Wacky California
    Posts
    4,509
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 618 Times in 393 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    313467
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    TB - as a hispanic (an hispanic?), how do you view the Spanish?

    how do you define "hispanic"?

    i have always thought of it as mixed race - amer-indian and spanish, from the colonial period, but lately it seems to mean anyone from the former spanish colonial areas

    is it a designation that's evolving within its own community?
    This Latino/Hispanic guy explains it well in a humorous way.

    https://www.vox.com/2015/8/19/917345...c-latino-comic
    Your problem is not technology. The problem is YOU. You lack the will to change...You treat this planet as you treat each other. - Klaatu

    What are you talking about? There is no such thing as the "Mafia"......it doesn't exist. Just a bunch of lies told to defame honest hardworking Italians like myself. - TomO

    I will do you, let's see, goofy, wacky, and to the left side of the bell curve
    . -Ktoyou

    I'm white. I'm not black. I can't convert to being black. It doesn't matter how much I want to become black. I could listen to rap and date fat white women all day; for all that, I'll still remain white.- Traditio

  4. #19
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    23,821
    Thanks
    3,357
    Thanked 8,326 Times in 6,189 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    so filipinos are hispanic but not latino

    same as equatorial guinea

  5. #20
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,603
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 704 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    302736
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    Good lord I hope not. She's an embarrassment to us Hispanics.
    Like I said, she's 29, perhaps she can learn to keep her mouth shut and her ears open and become an asset.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  6. #21
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    23,821
    Thanks
    3,357
    Thanked 8,326 Times in 6,189 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    She needs a lot of finishing.

    for instance, she needs to learn not to use terms that are slang for gang rape




    The Post: How did you feel when that hit yesterday?

    Ocasio-Cortez: I was surprised and I was annoyed because it was a new tack. They’ve been for a very long time focusing on taking quotes out of context or manipulating them or making it seem as though I said things that I didn’t say. This was different in that it was an outright fraudulent thing. You can tell that they’re getting into hysterics because now you’re getting into my actual body, which is definitely crossing a level, definitely crossing a line.

    I also think it’s encouraging because this is my sixth day in Congress and they’re out of all their artillery. The nude is supposed to be like the bazooka. You know, like, “We’re going to take her down.” Dude, you’re all out of bullets, you’re all out of bombs, you’re all out of all this stuff. What have you got left? I’m six days into the term, and you already used all your ammo. So enjoy being exhausted for the next two years while we run train on the progressive agenda.


    Multiple online dictionaries that provide definitions for slang terms state that "run train" means to "to gangbang" someone with "several" other people.

    Former law enforcement officials weighed in on Ocasio-Cortez's statement and verified that "run train" does, in fact, refer to violent sexual activity.

    ".@AOC is trivializing a term (‘Run-Train’) used by murderous gangs like MS-13 to describe their tactic of brutally gang-raping women," former NYPD officer John Cardillo tweeted.

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/42286...-ryan-saavedra


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to ok doser For Your Post:

    WizardofOz (February 2nd, 2019)

  8. #22
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    523678
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    Like I said, she's 29, perhaps she can learn to keep her mouth shut and her ears open and become an asset.
    She is three-fifths of the way to becoming an asset, but she may never make it all the way.
    (count the letters)
    Last edited by genuineoriginal; January 16th, 2019 at 04:14 PM.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  9. #23
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,603
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 704 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    302736
    Quote Originally Posted by The Berean View Post
    This Latino/Hispanic guy explains it well in a humorous way.

    https://www.vox.com/2015/8/19/917345...c-latino-comic
    So is there a word for someone from Brazil equivalent to Hispanic?
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  10. #24
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    23,821
    Thanks
    3,357
    Thanked 8,326 Times in 6,189 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    So is there a word for someone from Brazil equivalent to Hispanic?
    portuguesic?

  11. #25
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,603
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 704 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    302736
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    for instance, she needs to learn not to use terms that are slang for gang rape




    The Post: How did you feel when that hit yesterday?

    Ocasio-Cortez: I was surprised and I was annoyed because it was a new tack. They’ve been for a very long time focusing on taking quotes out of context or manipulating them or making it seem as though I said things that I didn’t say. This was different in that it was an outright fraudulent thing. You can tell that they’re getting into hysterics because now you’re getting into my actual body, which is definitely crossing a level, definitely crossing a line.

    I also think it’s encouraging because this is my sixth day in Congress and they’re out of all their artillery. The nude is supposed to be like the bazooka. You know, like, “We’re going to take her down.” Dude, you’re all out of bullets, you’re all out of bombs, you’re all out of all this stuff. What have you got left? I’m six days into the term, and you already used all your ammo. So enjoy being exhausted for the next two years while we run train on the progressive agenda.


    Multiple online dictionaries that provide definitions for slang terms state that "run train" means to "to gangbang" someone with "several" other people.

    Former law enforcement officials weighed in on Ocasio-Cortez's statement and verified that "run train" does, in fact, refer to violent sexual activity.

    ".@AOC is trivializing a term (‘Run-Train’) used by murderous gangs like MS-13 to describe their tactic of brutally gang-raping women," former NYPD officer John Cardillo tweeted.

    https://www.dailywire.com/news/42286...-ryan-saavedra
    Um, yeah. That was pretty stupid.
    Although I need to point out that a Train isn't necessarily rape. Most of the Trains I heard of in High school were organized and controlled by the Trainee and were invitation only affairs.
    But even that context doesn't make sense for her comment.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fool For Your Post:

    ok doser (January 16th, 2019),WizardofOz (February 2nd, 2019)

  13. #26
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,603
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 704 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    302736
    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    She is three-fifths of the way to becoming an asset, but she may never make it all the way.
    She does have a huge following, "Influencer" is a new word we came up with recently and I think she fits the bill for that.
    I hope Trump absorbs her, he has been talking about our energy infrastructure since the Primaries and her center piece is a green new deal. The oldest President and the youngest Congress Woman could band together to sell the public a post fossil fuel economy.
    He should have Ivanka take her camping.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to fool For Your Post:

    WizardofOz (February 2nd, 2019)

  15. #27
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,603
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 704 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    302736
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    portuguesic?
    Don't see why not.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  16. #28
    TOL Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    23,821
    Thanks
    3,357
    Thanked 8,326 Times in 6,189 Posts

    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    2147764
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    He should have Ivanka take her camping.

    ivanka goes camping?

  17. #29
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,165
    Thanks
    1,746
    Thanked 1,752 Times in 1,284 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    523678
    Quote Originally Posted by fool View Post
    She does have a huge following, "Influencer" is a new word we came up with recently and I think she fits the bill for that.
    I hope Trump absorbs her, he has been talking about our energy infrastructure since the Primaries and her center piece is a green new deal. The oldest President and the youngest Congress Woman could band together to sell the public a post fossil fuel economy.
    He should have Ivanka take her camping.
    Maybe Dick Cheney could take her hunting camping?
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    ok doser (January 16th, 2019),steko (January 16th, 2019),WizardofOz (February 2nd, 2019)

  19. #30
    Over 5000 post club fool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    5,603
    Thanks
    381
    Thanked 1,026 Times in 704 Posts

    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    302736
    Quote Originally Posted by ok doser View Post
    ivanka goes camping?
    They can be two New Yorkers in the woods, it's a fish out of water comedy.
    1 season six episodes.
    Everyman is a voice in the dark.
    I II III IV

  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fool For Your Post:

    ok doser (January 16th, 2019),steko (January 16th, 2019),WizardofOz (February 2nd, 2019)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us