User Tag List

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: ABLE MINISTERS

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    281
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 175 Times in 103 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    54041

    ABLE MINISTERS

    2 Corinthians 3:6 Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

    3:7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

    3:8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

    Paul was made an able minister of the new testament. The new testament replaced the old, and fulfilled what the old testament could not. Paul did not administer the old letter of the law, he administered the Spirit.

    The new testament, by the death, and shed blood of Christ, provides redemption for Israel's transgressions, which are under the first testament. Matthew 26:28 Hebrews 9:15

    The new testament, or covenant, is given to Israel. God will, by His Spirit, write His law in their hearts; by His Spirit, enable them to keep His law, and be a light to the Gentiles. Jeremiah 31:31 Jeremiah 31:33 Isaiah 60:3

    Paul is a minister of the Spirit. Paul expounds the spiritual blessings, the spititual benefits, of the new testament, given to the body of Christ by the ministration of God's Spirit. The blessings, which are bestowed, by the cross of Christ. The new testament blood of Christ, has also been applied to His body, the church. Romans 3:25 Romans 4:25 Romans 8:16 1 Corinthians 2:12 1 Corinthians 12:13 Philippians 3:3

    Paul is also an able minister to the Jews. Paul details that God will keep His covenant with the Jews. God has not cast away Israel. Romans 11:2

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Thank you Doug.

    Do you know the difference between a covenant and a testament?

    `Paul

  3. #3
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523681
    Quote Originally Posted by comingfrom View Post
    Do you know the difference between a covenant and a testament?

    `Paul
    What makes you think there is a difference, when there is only one Greek word used for both?

    G1242 - diathēkē διαθήκη
    1. a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly possessions after his death, a testament or will
    2. a compact, a covenant, a testament
      1. God's covenant with Noah, etc.

    The KJV translates Strong's G1242 in the following manner: covenant (20x), testament (13x).

    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    Idolater (January 15th, 2019)

  5. #4
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,285
    Thanks
    13,656
    Thanked 21,203 Times in 11,936 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147704

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    What makes you think there is a difference, when there is only one Greek word used for both?

    G1242 - diathēkē διαθήκη
    1. a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly possessions after his death, a testament or will
    2. a compact, a covenant, a testament
      1. God's covenant with Noah, etc.

    The KJV translates Strong's G1242 in the following manner: covenant (20x), testament (13x).

    It's based on something that you know nothing about: CONTEXT.

    You are a "dictionary theologian", assuming that the same word always means the exact same thing no matter where it's found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

  6. #5
    TOL Legend genuineoriginal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    On a sea of glass mixed with fire in front of a throne.
    Posts
    10,120
    Thanks
    1,794
    Thanked 1,770 Times in 1,297 Posts

    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    523681
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Divider View Post
    It's based on something that you know nothing about: CONTEXT.

    You are a "dictionary theologian", assuming that the same word always means the exact same thing no matter where it's found.
    Learn to read what is written.

    _____
    The people who are supposed to be experts and who claim to understand the science are precisely the people who are blind to the evidence.
    ~ Dr Freeman Dyson

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to genuineoriginal For Your Post:

    Idolater (January 15th, 2019),ok doser (January 15th, 2019)

  8. #6
    Body part Right Divider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,285
    Thanks
    13,656
    Thanked 21,203 Times in 11,936 Posts

    Blog Entries
    6
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Rep Power
    2147704

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by genuineoriginal View Post
    You're closer than usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post
    That explains why your an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by God's Truth View Post
    You preach against me for preaching obedience to Christ for salvation.
    Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
    (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

    1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
    (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

    Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us