User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Learning and Training. The Christian and God's Law.

  1. #1
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,596
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 826 Times in 761 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121116

    Learning and Training. The Christian and God's Law.

    Paul said that through the Law he died to the Law.

    How is it that people learn together and come to similar conclusions even conclusions of or by God's Law? If we all sound the same what is the difference between us or our diversity? What about when we need to be corrected? If we are corrected by God's Word and God's Law how is it that we all believe what we believe? How do we come to believe and know what we do about life and how we should live it, how it ought to be lived?
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  2. #2
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    14,517
    Thanks
    4,233
    Thanked 1,919 Times in 1,549 Posts

    Blog Entries
    1
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    Paul said that through the Law he died to the Law.

    How is it that people learn together and come to similar conclusions even conclusions of or by God's Law? If we all sound the same what is the difference between us or our diversity? What about when we need to be corrected? If we are corrected by God's Word and God's Law how is it that we all believe what we believe? How do we come to believe and know what we do about life and how we should live it, how it ought to be lived?
    It depends on how you read it. Most of us read the Bible very differently, strangely.

    So you ought to study yourself and follow accordingly. that is the best way. Don't rely on others to teach you.

    there are many corrupt doctrines in the churches.

    blessings.

  3. #3
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,596
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 826 Times in 761 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121116
    Quote Originally Posted by meshak View Post
    It depends on how you read it. Most of us read the Bible very differently, strangely.

    So you ought to study yourself and follow accordingly. that is the best way. Don't rely on others to teach you.

    there are many corrupt doctrines in the churches.

    blessings.
    Good thoughts. Thank you. May you be blessed.
    Bereishit - Genesis - Chapter 1

    1 In the beginning of God's creation of the heavens and the earth.
    :א בְּרֵאשִׁ֖ית בָּרָ֣א אֱלֹהִ֑ים אֵ֥ת הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם וְאֵ֥ת הָאָֽרֶץ

    In beginning He created God the heavens and the earth

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob For Your Post:

    meshak (January 12th, 2019)

  5. #4
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    58
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 16 Posts

    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    How do we come to believe and know what we do about life and how we should live it, how it ought to be lived?
    2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

  6. #5
    TOL Legend Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakewood, Washington
    Posts
    17,596
    Thanks
    63
    Thanked 826 Times in 761 Posts

    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    121116
    Quote Originally Posted by bibleverse2 View Post
    2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
    Amen.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
Since 1997 TheologyOnline (TOL) has been one of the most popular theology forums on the internet. On TOL we encourage spirited conversation about religion, politics, and just about everything else.

follow us